Prologue VII: What Happened Here?

💫Prologue VII: What Happened Here?

Giles was walking back to the theater from dropping the squidbeak off. He had promised to get Empress something, so he made sure he did that. The walk back was a little faster, mostly because he didn't like leaving Empress alone for a short amount of time. He made it in less time it had taken to get to the castle, and walked inside. There were fewer people here now that less shows were going on.

As he walked all the way back to the room, he noticed the halls were eerily quiet. Upon reaching the door, he put his ear up to it, hearing only silence. Did something happen? Did the rest of the idols leave, perhaps? He knocked, and there came no response.

He opened the door, only to find nobody there. Confusion and panic grew in him as he began searching the other rooms. He still found nobody. Where could Empress have gone?! He turned a corner and found SSS and Laur huddled in a group with Isac seemingly lifeless.

"What...what happened..." Giles mumbled, astonished at the scene before him.

"GILES! ISAC IS DEAD!" Laur cried, clearly distressed.

Giles' hands flew to his head.
"WHAT?!"

"The assassins got him! They killed him!"

So the assassins HAD followed the squidbeak in, just like how Empress said...they would pay for this.

"Where's everyone else?" Giles asked.

"We all split up after Laur threw a...a cloud thing that acted like a smoke bomb that let us flee" Carnelian explained.

"The assassins came in right after you guys left..." Vertex added.

Ah. Giles thought he remembered one of the squidbeak saying they heard screaming, but he wasn't sure. That must have been what had happened.

"Ah, um...what else?" Giles asked.

"Well...Isac is dead, we're all split up, the assassins might still be here, we don't know..." Laur replied.

"The guards examined this place, but found nothing, I can't find Empress..." Fuchsia mumbled.

Giles dropped the bags he was holding.

Oh no.

There was a 95% chance they had taken her.

Well.

He wouldn't let them get away with this.

He was going to need backup.