Flip II: One Last Dance

(Start video at 6:22)

💫Flip II: One Last Dance

"Wh...WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND IT?!" Flip yelled.

"IT'S NOT IN HERE!"

Flip turned to Empress, and sighed. She let go of her arm and ran away from the black hole but around it as well. She caught up to where Giles was and searched the entire box. Nothing. Nothing in the corners, on the sides, no secret compartments. She groaned in frustration.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

"But...this is impossible...it shouldn't be gone! I...I don't know who would've taken it!" Giles exclaimed, CLEARLY worried that things were not going according to plan.

"Well, Empress is stalling for us, so we have to think of something!" Flip said.

With the black hole having died down, the rest of the squidbeak and the SSS loosened from their poles and walked over, to where Empress was repeatedly firing at the black hole, then sinking back into her ink to recharge.

"Is there really no stone?" Prince asked worriedly.

"Yeah, we searched the whole thing. No hidden compartments or anything" Flip sighed.

"What should we do? We can't stay here for all eternity!" Emperor exclaimed.

"I know, but there's got to be something here..."

Verse looked at Goggles.

"Hey, can I borrow your splattershot for a sec? I won't throw it into the black hole, I promise."

Goggles nodded, and handed it over. Verse turned to Empress.

"Empress, can you stop firing for a second? I want to test something."

Empress nodded, and sunk into her ink to recover. Verse then began shooting at the black hole herself, making sure to land hits. The black hole did not shrink, and slowly kept growing as it already had been. Verse sighed and handed the splattershot back to Goggles. She then asked for the shot pro from Empress and fired shots, but the black hole still did not shrink. She handed it back.

"So...if twinkling and regular ink can't do it, and if the weapon doesn't matter...then maybe that's Empress's power? To be able to shrink the holes?" Gloves asked.

Giles had run over, leaving the hatches open.

"I dunno, Marion's made black holes or weird portals in my presence before, and I never could close them, not even by a centimeter" Empress replied.

Giles looked Empress up and down for something. He had an idea to what was happening, but he wasn't sure if it was the right thing. He then saw it. Nestled in the fake fur around her neck and on her dress, was her gold chain with a crystal pendant.

"Empress, the gem on your necklace..." he said, realization dawning on him.

Rider saw it too.

"Is that..."

"THAT'S THE ONE WE NEED!" Giles exclaimed.