Emperor I: First Show

💫Emperor I: First Show

The squidbeak were in SHOCK. Fans cheered around them, hysterically to the deafening point, but all the squidbeak could do was slowly turn to Emperor.

Emperor felt like that was a personal attack, directed right at him.

He knew it wasn't, but...just hearing a name so similar to his. It felt so weird. Did the twinklings here know about him? His name, his rank, anything like that? He'd ask Verse, but it was no use in this loud jumble of cheers and shouts.

Eventually the noise dimmed down as the people onstage helped clean up. The "Empress" and her dancers walked off the stage. The helpers then set up for the next show, which, according to Verse, was not the SSS show. Prince noticed his brother seemed...off. He wanted to talk to him, but unfortunately, the squidbeak's seats weren't in the right order to do so. He'd have to ask later.

Eventually, the next show was ready, and the music began. A single female twinkling walked onto the stage, dressed in a set of clothes that seemed to be based off of soda, with glitter and bubbles on the clothing. There were also circular rings and small round orbs on strings on the clothing. The squidbeak looked at her, prepared to analyze her as if she was a suspect. She began dancing.

We got that Coca Cola bottle shape, shape, shape
We got that sugar, do you wanna taste, taste, taste?
We take it all around the globe
Baby everywhere we go
Make it hot when mama arrives
Shake, shake, shake

Empress sighed as she walked back into the idol cleanup room. That...wasn't too bad. She made minor mistakes, but nobody would notice, or even care for that matter.

At least.
She hoped so.

She sat down as more staff came to congratulate her or clean her up. She smiled softly, accepting the comments anyway. She personally didn't feel like they were genuine when they came from so many people, but it made her feel a tad bit better about how she did.

Like oh, you know they want it
Ay, ándale
Oh, you know we got it
Ah, smile we say
Soy Latina baby
Soy Latina baby
Okay, let's party, say ole

The squidbeak watched carefully. So far so good, no sign of suspicious figures. In fact, the music was pretty nice! The dance went well with it too. Made them wonder how many hours it took to practice this routine.

Perhaps it was like their routines? Both involved moving around, and repetition of the same move over and over until perfection. I mean, they could dance, just not as well as this. Maybe it took dedication. Maybe it took time, practice, a combination of their traits, perhaps.

Soy Latina y la noche we own it, baby
Okay, let's party, say ole (Ole!)

Empress began wondering if she saw any new faces out in the crowd. It was always her secret mission as she sung, to try and find new people without messing up routine. It made the show risky yet fun that way. She could've sworn she saw a group of cephalopods that didn't have galaxy colored ink, but with all the flashing lights, confetti, and effects, she couldn't remember. Maybe she'd see them in the halls later when the show was over? She was interested in these non-galaxikan cephalopods.

I got that Coca Cola bottle shape, shape, shape
But how much Cola can your body take, take, take
Every time I come around
No, you know it's going down
Make it hot when mama arrives
Shake, shake, shake