Rider I: Space Chase!

💫Rider I: Space Chase!

The squidbeak slowly made their way into the room...

Only to find that there was nobody here. They saw no guards, no suspicious figures. Just a huge, well-lit room and a throne in front of them decorated with all sorts of gems carved into planet-like shapes. They decided to spread out a little while keeping an eye on the room around them. They had to admit, it was very pretty.

Rider walked over to the throne, but didn't get too close in case there was a trap. He saw no loose panels, or off-looking things that could be trap triggerers. Before he could get any closer however, a figure stepped out from behind the throne. She was a tall twinkling, with cyan and magenta ink, like Verse had said. Her tentacles were in a bun and she wore a blue galaxy dress with fake fur by the neck. She had earrings and a starlike eyemask.

"Who are you?!" Rider exclaimed, a little suspicious of this new character.

The others heard his shout and turned to him, walking closer after seeing the twinkling as well.

"I'm Queen Marion. I heard you've been looking for me..." she said in a sweet tone.

"Yes well, it was really only for information about the princess, since our mission was to find her" Hachi explained.

"Oh, was it? Well, sorry dearies, but my sweet little birdies have found her first and have given her to me. They've had their ranks raised and other rewards for doing so" Marion replied.

"J...Jupiter and...and Saturn?" Verse stuttered, scared.

Marion nodded.
"That would be correct. I'm surprised you defeated them like that, even after their upgrade. Oh well, what matters is that I have the princess, and that you are dismissed."

Rider made a "wait, really?" kind of face.

"Oh...uh. Okay then, I guess we'll-"

"WAIT!" Prince shouted.

Everyone turned to him.

"What do you plan on DOING with the princess?" he asked.

"Oh nothing really, just keeping her safe here...making sure she gets the throne..." Marion replied with a smile.

The squidbeak eyed her suspiciously.

"Hold on...what's the proof that you actually HAVE the princess?" Emperor asked.

"I'm the queen, and I told you. Now be on your way."

Gloves looked at Rider, who shrugged.
"Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt..."

Rider turned around to leave the room, and so did the rest of the squidbeak. They were about to turn the door handle when they suddenly heard the sound of a door hatch opening, and a familiar voice screaming.

"HELP ME! SHE'S GOING TO KIL-mmmfff!"

The squidbeak turned back around, only to see Empress and Marion put into a shuttle of sorts and taking off, a space in the castle having opened up for them. The guards that had helped them quickly fled to a different room.

"NOOOOO!" Rider yelled, running over as fast as he could, hoping he could latch on to something or break a part off before it was too late.

"AFTER HER!" Flip shouted.

The squidbeak ran after Rider. Marion was starting to take off, and Rider hadn't even reached her yet.