8.Talk To me

Beats: Try ~ P!nk

Louis was rapping his fingers violently on the counter at Sweet Swoon that early morning. He couldn't wait for Troye to show up so that he could unveil his hypocritical mask before his mom.

Last night, Mrs. Tomlinson had closed the bakery early since she received a call from her younger sister, informing her that she had just delivered a beautiful baby girl. So Louis did not get in trouble last night.

Lucky bastard.

"Lou, don't you have work today?" His mother emerges from the back and so does Troye through the front door.

"Perfect," Louis murmurs as Troye gets closer, "Mom, there's something I need to tell you."

"Morning Ma'am. Hey Louis." Troye greets nervously.

"Are you okay darling, you seem peaky?" She asks.

"Oh, he's fine...mom did you know..."

"Louis..." The blonde pleaded.

"Shut it."

"Let me tell her myself then..."

"Oh, you should have told her before."

" Whatever." Troye slouches on the nearest table and drops his gaze to the floor.

"Mom, last night I discovered that Troye..." Louis pauses mid-sentence as Harry walks in. "...Has an upcoming birthday. It's actually tomorrow."

"What!" Both his mother and Troye gasp. The blonde is shocked that Louis would remember yet he himself almost forgot.

"Blessed heavens! I better start planning what I shall whip you up my boy." She dashes into the kitchen, bursting into jovial humming. Louis puts on his hat and apron and jumps over the counter to greet Harry.

"Hello Troye. Hi Louis."

Harry walks around him and gets behind the counter to begin his work.

"I thought you were going to tell her." The flabbergasted blonde whispered hoarsely.

"You bet I was. But come to think of it I would have gotten in trouble myself for going to that filthy place where I found you."

"That's really sweet of you to remember my birthday." They share a slight laugh. Troye rises from the table and hugs Louis, who keeps his arms crossed on his chest.

"Still friends?"

"Get off me. I don't need your cooties crawling all over me."

They turn around to find Harry busy on the cash register. "Ain't going to work today?" He feels their eyes on him but he doesn't look up from his work.

"Yeah, I don't think I'll be needed today," Louis replies, "or ever." Whispering the last bit to himself.

"Yeah, I..uh..need to have a word with you...whenever you're free." Harry lifts his green eyes to look Louis in his.

"Of course I'm free. You can talk to me now. Troye will cover for us." He brutally pushes the blonde behind the counter. "Let's grab some coffee across the street." Louis throws off his apron and throws on his coat.

Inside the coffee shop, there was comfortable silence as the lads sipped their coffee. "You wanted to..."

"Yeah, we need to talk about the year before."

"W-what about it?" Louis chuckled nervously.

Harry raised an eyebrow and Louis could see a hint of rage in his eyes."Graduation night."