21. Pretty Please

Beats: Into you ~ Ariana Grande

Zayn's POV

Even though Harry is a weird kid, he's competent. He saved my ass by bringing my wallet to me when I left it in the car. How would I have paid for our dinner? Our dinner. Yes, I had sort of met someone, but my only intention was to hit and run.I'm not that much of an asshat, but I was drunk off my ass that night when I met her. I was horny and intended it to be a one night stand.

But it never happened. The woman helped me get home and unlike my other past flings, she did not try to fleece me. Instead, she left a note with her number in one of my pockets. I knew she was someone worth keeping. Even as a friend.

We've been hanging out for a while and I must say, she's unique. Kind-hearted, good mannered and patient. One time, she invited me over to her house for dinner. I was hoping for some action but she politely declined. It was then that she told me that she had a son and she needed to tell him about us first. Who the hell was still that virtuous in this century?

I was eager to meet her son who she praised so much. Recently, she confided in me that she just found out her son was gay. I tried comforting her, saying it was going to be alright. What a disgrace! Whoever that boy was must be ashamed of himself. I'd have beaten the crap out of him if he were my son.

Tonight, I was to ask the lovely woman to be my girlfriend. Anne made me feel warm inside and I didn't mind being old school for her. She was thirty eight but that didn't deter me. I had a thing for older women anyway.

So the shocking revelation tonight caught me off guard. I watch as Harry and Anne stare at each other with ghostly shades on their pale faces. So he is the gay son? "Mom, what's going on?" Harry's nostrils are flared.

"I'm on a date." She says like it's the most obvious thing on the planet.

"Zayn, this is Harry, the son I've been telling you about."

"Oh, I know him, alright. Mr. Malik is my boss." He roars, attracting glances from other customers.

"Calm down, pretty please..." She tries but that brat walks out of the restaurant without another word. "I'm thoroughly sorry for that." Anne clasps her hands in front of her chest. She had quite an impressive cleavage.

"It's alright. Let's eat." I beam at her, and she digs into her lasagna as I enjoy my steak. I can't help but think how amazing it would be if this gorgeous woman would live with me and my Lola. She was motherly and I had no doubt that they would love each other. We'd be happy, just us three. But her gay son should be out of the picture. But how would I get rid of him?

I could just arrange for his demise, because vermin like him don't deserve to live but my love interest would never get over his death. Send him out of the country? Yeah, but how? That's it. I'll convince Anne so we could send him to an expensive college far away, maybe in America. Then everyone wins.

"You still miss Gigi, don't you?"

I nod. The mention of her name drains all my energy and shatters the pathetic pieces of my heart. All over again. It's been three years but I haven't gotten over it yet.

"It's the same with me. Nine years without Des..."

I grab her hand to stop her from talking. "Hush, before we flood this place in tears." I whisper, as a lump was stuck in my throat. We chuckle the cloud of pain away and proceed with dinner in comfortable silence.

Louis' POV

I recently learned that Harry moved in with Niall. Why? Or is he the guy taking my baby away? I never really liked that Irish prick since our high school years. I only beared with him since he was part of Harry's clique. And no one would dare to question Styles, not even I, his best friend. Harry was a merciless tyrant back then, not the piece of cotton candy he is these days.