48. Our Own

Beats: Hymn for the weekend ~ Cold play , Beyonce

Demi's POV

"Are you single?"

"Are you sure you're a doctor?"

He slurps more of his milkshake and spins around in his seat, burping. "Excuse me," a giggle escapes his smirking lips, his cerulean blue eyes drinking me. "Why do you have to be so stereotypic? Just because I'm very handsome makes me unprofessional?" He slurps some more as a strand of his dark hair falls onto his forehead.

"No. Your behaviour is questionable." I state, tapping my foot on the floor impatiently.

"Not all doctors are hard-faced anti-social no-fun dorks."

I sigh loudly. "Could you please tell me what is wrong with me?"

"Oh yeah that. Which brings me to my question. Are you single?"

"No offense but I don't want to date you."

A deep howl of laughter flows from his mouth."Don't flatter yourself...I'm seeing a cuter guy sweetie."

"Good for you..." I shrug.

"I asked so I could establish whether the news I'm about to break to you is gonna be good news or bad news."

"Fine, I'm single."

"Then my condolences to you, sweetheart. You've been knocked up. Hard. Be more careful next time."

"WHAT?"

"You're pregnant. There's a big fat baby growing inside you like a giant tumor." He smiles sweetly. I didn't even have the energy to lash at him for his disgusting metaphor.

I instictively wrapped my arms around my abdomen, drowning in my thoughts. I'm going to be a mom. I wasn't sure how I felt about this news. "Thanks doctor." I pick myself up from the chair and head to the door.

"It's Ian. You're welcome."

I drag myself to my car and lock myself in as tears flow forth from my eyes like a fountain. My chest felt heavier than lead as I leaned on the wheel weeping. I've always wanted a baby but not like this. I'm not even married and I'm only twenty four. My baby. I wonder what she or he will look like.

I find myself giggling when I imagine it with big crystal blue eyes and light brown hair. Maybe rosy skin and pink little lips just like it's father. I already love my baby. I see me wearing matching clothes with my baby, taking baths and sleeping together.

Single parenting won't be as bad as it sounds. This little thing inside me is my family and friend. I can't be happier. I can't wait for the little bastard to start kicking and shit. But what about the father? Oh Niall. I don't know what to think or say anymore.

He's probably the best human being in this twisted world. I was a fool for throwing him away. Now he's found a better woman to love and hold but I remain alone and cold. I don't want to ruin his happiness anymore and if that girl makes him happy I'll let him move on.

He deserves it but he also has the right to know about his child. Our own little child. And I will not use my unborn angel to reel him back to me. I just want him to be a father to our child. And nothing more because I had my chance with him but I threw it in the wind.

I disregarded him for a man who wasn't worth it but I've realized it too late. If only I had considered Zayn as a brother and nothing more as my mom wished, I wouldn't be in this mess. But I hope that weird guy Harry makes him happy.