40. First Flame

Beats: Stay High ~ Tove Lo

Zayn's POV

I refuse to think about Harry and anything to do with him. He's messing with my head in the most unfathomable way possible. But there's no point in deceiving myself anymore. I actually...like him? I don't know how and why but here we are.

He is quirky and unique and he has one heck of a personality. It felt wrong when I saw him with that Taylor girl and I couldn't help it. I wish I could turn back the time and refuse Demi's offer to have him as a driver. Maybe right now I wouldn't be stuck with these weird feelings I couldn't comprehend.

I loved it when he kissed me, it felt surreal, like nothing I've never known. It's like a whole new world with him. But when Earth comes back to me and I find my footing, it slaps me across the face because it is wrong. Harry Styles is a man. And I am not supposed to feel this way for a man because I am one.

I am well aware of this fact but I still feel the same damn thing about him. However, my perception of other men is still the same. I still do not find any of them attractive. Not in the least. Only Harry.

And speaking of other men, I am right outside my best friend's house, if I could still call him that. I ring the doorbell but there's no answer until ten minutes later, his maid answers the door. "Hola?"

"Hey, is Liam in?"

"Si. I'll get him." She ushers me to the couch where I sit and she leaves.

Just then a woman ambles into the living room in nothing but underwear, her bee stings out for the world to see. A blush spreads across her face as she pulls the shirt on her back to cover up herself. "Hi, Zayn. Didn't see you there."

"Hi Sofia. I just wanted to see Liam." I feel very uncomfortable, after seeing my mate's fianceé half naked.

"Oh, Nora's going to get him."

"Oh..."

"Yeah." She sits across me, awkwardly trying to avoid eye contact. Jeepers! Can't the woman just get dressed?

"Zayn?" The puzzled voice comes through after a painfully long time. Liam was in sleepwear so I guess I interrupted his Sunday routine this mid-morning.

"Hello Liam," I answer.

"I see Sofia kept you company." He smiles awkwardly, sitting next to her.

"I'm his wife now," She says, flashing a wedding ring with a brilliant smile on her face. I swear Liam was this close to face palming himself. I don't know why.

"Listen, can we please talk?" I pipe up after some silence.

"Sure, I don't mind. I'll just be here, pretty as a picture." His wife chuckles.

"Alone?" I'm still facing Liam.

"Will you excuse us honey?"

"Liam Payne. I'm your wife. I deserve to know every-"

"Can we please talk outside?" He suggests, knowing Sofia won't follow us outside in her present condition. We go to the patio, amidst mild threats and snarls from her. "What a bitch!" I let out and Liam gasps, staring at me in disbelief.

"I'm sorry."

"No, she really is." He huffs and straightens out a creak in his neck.

"Rough night?" I say quietly.

"Don't wanna talk about it," He grunts, "why are you in my house?" His stern tone slammed me but then wasn't I the one who birthed our enstrangement?