54. Quick Question

Beats: Girl Crush ~ Harry Styles

Harry's POV

"Oh my Gosh!! What the frizzle happened?"

We find my mom in the living room with Lola sat on her lap, their eyes wide with shock. "We were playing hide and seek in the woods..." Zayn fabricates a lie for the sake of Lola.

"Yeah...we were deep in the mist..." I add.

"...of mystery. But now we're out. I ran into trees a couple times." He smiles a little at me, touching his bruised face.

My mom pulls me in for an embrace, heaving a deep sigh. Her maternal instincts did not deceive her because both of us were lucky to be alive.

"And I chaperoned the game." Kendall emerges and mom gasps.

"Hi Kendall, it's been a while." She smiles.

"Hello Anne." She reciprocates the smile.

Only wet Harry gets hugs.

"Daddy! Harry!" Lola pipes, "That was very isponsible of you!"

"It's irresponsible." Kendall chuckles.

"No sass me!" The little angel scolds the woman.

"Sorry ma'am." She raises her arms in mock surrender before crouching in front of the child. "Hi cutie, I'm Kendall...remember me?"

"Saw you on my birthday."

"It's nice to see you again. You're a beautiful child." Kendall muses and I know she's thinking of Gigi. Zayn does too. "Let's go." She rises sharply, almost commanding.

I lead the way upstairs with Zayn and my ex on my trail. "I shouldn't have agreed to this madness." He grumbles.

"It's okay." I pat him on the back.

"Easy for you to say." He glares at me but averts his eyes almost immediately.

"Come on, it'll be over before you know it." Kendall sighs.

"Yeah, right." He huffs.

We stop in the bedroom hallway and he exhales, shutting his eyes for a moment. He then walks to the door leftly adjacent to his bedroom and opposite Lola's room. I never bothered to know where the door leads to because he told me it was one of the many guest rooms. I believed him.

But now I was shocked to discover the door had a retinal scanner. "What's in there?" My voice is an octave higher due to my curiosity.

"Shut up!" The cold gruelling answer comes.

After an infrared beam flashes across his eye, the locks are disabled and he opens the door. We enter what looks like a shrine. Gigi Hadid's place of worship. The walls were littered with pictures of her insanely symmetrical face. There were larger pictures of her from head to toe and I must admit she was the definition of perfection.

Her designer clothes, her shoes and her purses were neatly arranged on a large dressing table at the centre of the room. A heavenly scent with a strong hint of apricot lingered in the air and I guess that was the woman's scent. At the far corner, stood a glass table with a collection of make up, hair products and exotic perfume bottles.

It was an overwhelming feeling being in here because it felt like the woman was actually alive, her presence could be felt all around us. "Wow..." I squeak out, hugging myself as I realize this room must be frequently visited since there isn't a speck of dust in here. By Zayn.

"Gee Zayn, it feels like she's right with me again." Ken sighs, brushing her fingertips on the fabrics. He doesn't answer but walks sullenly to a corner, probably crying. The poor man was to give all of Gigi's belongings to my ex to repay the favour of saving his life.