Chapter.12

Happy birthday Lima bean!

**

The day that Niall and Harry had been looking forward to had finally arrived.

It was the day of the music festival and everyone in their friend group was excited.

The boys in the football team had gone to support their friends although they hadn't actually heard them sing because they were really discreet with their rehearsals.

Time had really flown but they were here and prepared.

Niall peeked his head between the gap that was left in the large curtains behind the stage.

"It's packed, Har." He said to Harry when he turned back around.

"Can't wait to go out there and give 'em a show." Harry smiled and looked at Niall.

"Can't wait either." Niall replied, they fist bumped and Niall looked around at the people running around backstage.

"Alright, everyone ready?" The supervising teacher clapped her hands to get everyone's attention.

When everyone had given her attention she went on to speak.

"The day is here, do your best and have fun!" She said just as the festival had been opened and the first performer had been called.

Slowly but surely people performed and Niall grew anxious as their time neared.

"Calm down Niall, it's not like you will be there alone." Harry tried to comfort Niall and it worked until Niall perked up.

"That song..." He trailed off.

"What about it?" Harry was confused at Niall so he listened to the song that two lasses were singing on stage.

...oh I will carry you over fire and water for your love.
And I will hold you closer hope your heart is strong enough...

We will find a way through the dark...

The girls hit the notes perfectly and Harry thought it was a beautiful song but he didn't know why Niall had been in a trance since it started.

"Its the song I wrote." Niall replied with a huge smile. He hadn't heard anybody sing his songs until now.

And it was beautiful.

"Really? They are amazing and the song is just... wow!" Harry gushed at his friend as they smiled like idiots.

"You are really good Niall." Harry side hugged him and Niall thanked him.

"So what do you think?" Niall turned his head towards the voice of the question.

It was their teacher and she wore a smile on her face. She hadn't told Niall who would be performing his song.

"They are good, really good." Niall smiled and Harry nodded.

"Who are they? I didn't really catch their names." Harry asked sheepishly and scratched the back if his head.

But before the teacher could respond, their names had been called and Niall took a deep breath.

"Good luck boys." The teacher said and they said their thank yous.

"Here." Harry said and held out two bracelets for Niall. "For goodluck."

Niall smiled and held out his wrist for Harry to put it on.

When he was done, Harry gave the other bracelet to Niall and the latter helped him  put on his.