Chapter.17

"I'm sorry Shawn. But I've already made plans to go with someone to the party." Niall said and looked at Shawn.

"Oh okay. That's great, who are you going with? If you don't mind me asking." Shawn smiled sweetly.

"Harry, I'm going with Harry." He pointed to Harry and saw him hide a smirk while Shawn's face fell.

Cheeky Styles.

"Alright then, see you there." Shawn said and opened his arms for Niall.

Niall hesitated for a moment but he walked into the embrace and hugged Shawn. When they broke the hug, Shawn left without a second glance at Harry who actually didn't seem to mind.

"Yes." Niall said suddenly and looked at Harry.

"Huh?"

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you." Niall smiled and Harry's face lit up.

"Really? Thanks, you'll like it. I promise." Harry said and brought Niall in a hug.

*

Niall's heart raced. He couldn't wait to get to Josh's and put some alcohol into his system.

He hated having to feel so vulnerable around people, that was why it was difficult to let people in his life.

He looked at Harry whose eyes were focused on the road ahead of them as he drove both of them to the party.

He remembered the time that he and Harry used to bicker always and they didn't care if they hurt each other with what they said or did. But at the same time, they never left each other's sides.

It was a complicated type of friendship but they made it work.

That time was way better than now. Niall had all these fuzzy feelings going through his body whenever Harry was near. He doesn't even remember when he started feeling that way.

Then Shawn showed up and for the past week, he was cooped up with Shawn after school always to the point where he was able to ignore every spark that would light up in his body when Harry talked to him or touched him. He and Harry had grown closer yes, but he was with Shawn most evenings.

He thought he had it under control until after the game when he saw Harry surrounded by girls who were meant to be congratulating him about the game but were flirting with him. He felt jealous but he didn't show it.

And that got him thinking.

Thinking about Harry and how he felt. Harry had told Niall that he was in love with him and he understood that Niall didn't feel the same and left it at that?

He understood why Harry was furious after Niall initiated a kiss only to regret it later. He understood all of it.

Then when Shawn showed up, Harry knew that he was Niall's ex, although they never broke up. He knew that Niall spent everyday after school with Shawn for the past week. How did he feel about all that since he was in love with Niall? Niall kept wondering.

He tried to put himself in Harry's shoes, how he would feel if the situation was reversed. How he felt when he saw girls flirting with Harry even though he's not even sure about what he feels for Harry just yet.

He would need guidance to know exactly what his heart wanted and to do that, he just had to talk to someone about it.

He contemplated talking to his brother but he shook that out of his mind, it was a talk he wanted to have with someone in person.

He thought about Zayn. Zayn is the next thing he had to a brother. He had gone to him for a lot of things and vice versa. But he still shook that out too.