Chapter. 21

Harry was up late doing all his homework so that he could spend the weekend with Niall properly.

He was done by the time it was eleven, he was tired and just about ready to crash.

He dragged his tired body to his bed, glad that he'd already showered and changed into his pyjamas before starting on homework.

He crawled under the covers and hugged the pillow that Niall always used when he was around.

For a whole hour, he tossed and turned in bed. Not being able to find a comfortable enough position to fall asleep.

It could have been because he hadn't rung Niall up and said goodnight or because he was too tired to fall asleep. That happened to him a lot.

And most times, the only way to sleep is after having a glass of warm milk. He debated on just texting Niall and saying goodnight but he shook them thoughts off because Niall was probably sleeping.

Harry left his warm blankets and was about to head out of the room when his phone buzzed with an incoming call.

He walked over to where it was plugged and looked at it, seeing Zayn's name plastered on the screen.

Harry rolled his eyes. It was midnight for fuck's sake, what could Zayn possibly want from him?

He sighed and answered the call and as soon as heard the franticness of Zayn's voice, he knew something was amiss.

"Zayn? Is everything okay?" Harry asked holding the phone tightly to his ear.

"Harry, it's Niall. Niall is not oka-"

"What the fuck happened to Niall?"

"I don't know, I just know that he was found unconscious near his house and they rushed him to the hospital."

"Wha- wait, who found him?"

"Shawn. He called me on Niall's phone as soon as they got to the hospital. Said Niall didn't have his phone on him but he rushed back to the house and grabbed it so he could call us when the paramedics arrived."

"Shawn? Why would he call you and not me? That aside, though, which hospital did they go to?" Harry asked.

Zayn quickly told him and said he'd meet him there.

Harry was hit with a wave of different emotions all at the same time.

All he could think about was the fact that Niall was hurt.

Niall was hurt and in the hospital.

What had happened to his baby.

He didn't have the time to dress up in something else so he just picked up his wallet and rushed down the stairs and threw on a pair of shoes and a trench coat on top of his pyjamas. Then he got his keys and quietly walked out of the house, locking it right behind him.

He speed walked to his car and quickly got in then he speed off towards the hospital. He broke more than one road rule as he got to the hospital in record time.

He spotted Zayn too getting out of the car, dressed in sweats and hoodie.

"Harry!" Zayn called and jogged to join Harry.

They didn't stop to chat or anything, instead, they fell into sync of speed walking, almost breaking into sprints, inside the hospital.

As soon as they got inside, Harry couldn't take it anymore and jogged over to the nurse's station, leaving Zayn to run after him.

"Excuse me, uhm Niall Horan, please?" He asked frantically and the nurse raised her eyes from the computer screen.

"Hello, how are you?" She smiled tiredly at him which made him believe she had been working for a long time.