Chapter. 22

Over the next week that followed, Niall spent most of his time in his room asleep.

Not that he wanted to be asleep all the time but the meds he was being given made him drowsy.

But he couldn't complain much because him spending time asleep meant he would be seeing his parents less. Because for some reason they were always in his room, both or one of them at a time.

The only time that Niall wasn't with his parents was when Harry and the other lads had gotten off school and were visiting him. Harry spent most of his nights at Niall's so he practically lived there.

Niall was currently cuddled up with his boyfriend on his bed while Louis, Liam and Zayn were scattered on the floor.

It was a Friday after school and Niall was happy because it was weekend and that meant that he would have Harry there with him. But he was anxious too because if it was Friday then it meant he had missed a whole week of school. And even though Harry and the boys always brought back his work, he was worried.

Niall was lying on his side so that his casted arm was comfortable and Harry was spooning him from behind as they faced their friends.

"I still can't believe you made me come here, Harry." Niall whined about it for the hundredth time since he was discharged from the hospital. "Now they are all over me and won't even give some breathing space."

Harry held Niall tighter, knowing that Niall would always complain about it until he got better to live on his own again.

"I know you don't like it here baby, but they are your parents and they asked, no begged me to let them nurse you hack to health. I couldn't just look at your mother's broken face and say no, plus when you are here, atleast I know that you aren't alone when I'm at school." Harry explained and Niall groaned.

He knew that Harry was right but he was still figuring out what to do about his parents and being there with them all the time was making it hard for him.

"What was the situation today? Did they crowd your space again?" Liam asked worriedly.

"They were taking turns in coming here to see me but they didn't come together and bombard me with questions. I think at this point, they have understood that my mind is already made up. I just can't wait to get well and move back to mine." Niall said.

"Don't worry baby, If you are well enough to attend school by Monday then you can move back to yours." Harry said and kissed Niall's hair.

"Really?" Niall perked up and turned to look at Harry but groaned when his bad arm hit Harry's and it hurt.

"Oh, Niall. Are you okay?" Harry sat up worriedly looking at his boyfriend and his friends all stood up to look at Niall.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Niall croaked out but his face was still twisted in pain.

Harry went back to lying down and holding Niall. It was times like these when he just wanted to march to Tyler's house and give him a good beating but he respected Niall's decision.

If Niall wanted to get revenge on his own, Harry was gonna let him because he knew that Niall was very capable of taking Tyler.

"When did you take your pain meds?" Louis asked.

"In the morning." Niall answered, face going back to normal because the pain had left him.

"Would you like me to grab you some water so that you can take them?" Louis offered and Niall nodded with a small smile.

But before Louis could walk out, the door opened and Niall's mother walked in with a tray.

"Hi, baby. Hello boys." She greeted cheerfully and Niall wondered if she was the same woman who had ignored him for most of his life.