3

Mark bursts through the door to find his kitchen thick with smoke and finds the culprit being the pancakes he started earlier.
They are now burnt to look like charcoal so he shuts off the stove and throws the pan in the sink, the handle burning him slightly.
He opens all the windows throughout the lower level of the house and goes out with his head hanging low, embarrassment clear on his red cheeks, his hand wrapped in a wet towel.
"Um I kind of forgot about the pancakes, and the house is full of smoke so I think we should go out to eat." He says pouting at Minhyung.
"Nonsense. I've got ingredients for pancakes, come on I'll make you breakfast and maybe offer some cooking lessons." Haechan says while chuckling.
"First of all I know how to cook, and second I'm not going to put you out like that." Haechan whispers something to Minhyung that Mark can't hear, causing little giggles to slip out. He holds out his hand and takes the child's and they walk right into Haechan's house.
After the shock wears off Mark follows behind and walks into the kitchen where Minhyung is helping Haechan find the ingredients, he stands there awkwardly rubbing his arm when Haechan looks over and gasps.
"Oh My god, did you get burned?" He questions walking quickly to Mark who's not quick enough to respond as Haechan is already taking the wet towel off and leading him down the hall to the bathroom.
"Minhyung please come here, we need to help daddy." He shouts out, not wanting the child to be left alone in the kitchen. He prompts Mark to sit on the lid of the toilet while he gently applies burn cream and points to the bandage he wants in the first aid kit. Mark is watching all of this in wonder really. Firstly his son listens to him relatively well for just meeting him and also the way this person, who happens to be really pretty in his eyes is so carefully taking care of him. He watches carefully how his son interacts with him, and can't help but stare until he notices the other can't take his eyes off his bare chest and stomach. Mark feels his cheeks heat up, never in his life has another man looked at him this way and never in his life did he think he would like it this much.
"Um I should probably go get dressed?" Haechan's eyes naturally went quickly to his face, as he clears his throat looking away.
"Just go up to the main bedroom at the end of the hall and grab something of mine, and hurry we're hungry here." Mark does as he's told although he feels weird about being in a strangers bedroom, he quickly grabs a black hoody and heads downstairs. What he sees amazes him to no end. This stranger that he still doesn't know the name of is guiding his son and letting him do the cooking. He's so natural, so patient and very very pretty. He quickly shakes his head at those thoughts and enters fully into the kitchen going up behind them to observe. Haechan jumps when he finally feels his presence.
"Oh shit! oops sorry." He says covering the little guys ears as if it's not too late.
"So what can I call you other than daddy?" He asks with a smirk. Mark almost choked.
"Mark! My name is Mark, and you are?"  Haechan giggles again and honestly Mark thinks it's one of the prettiest giggles he's ever heard.
"Haechan, and I've already met little Minhyung here. He's quite the talker you know." Now Mark chuckles.
"Yeah he gets that from his mother."
Haechan didn't have time to dwell on the word mother for long when he felt a little hand slipping into his own.
"Mister, What do we add next?"Minhyung asked waiting for instruction.
He quickly snaps out of it and goes on making the food. He wasn't going to ask anymore about the mother but it weighed on his mind.
Where was she? Why isn't she vacationing with them? He reasons that she's probably working and will maybe come later?