39

Haechan has never felt this loved, never felt that his family would be this big.
After Renjun came that morning to take Minhyung to school so Mark could stay he had a whirlwind of guests. Jaemin stopped in to say hello before him and Jeno went to work. Chenle and Mark never left his side and his adoptive parents came around noon bringing lunch for everyone. After school was out Mark's mother brought Minhyung and the gifts he picked out for Haechan which was a mix flower bouquet, a teddy bear and a get well balloon. After five o'clock rolled around they really started to pour in. Jisung came in and talked Chenle into going home for some proper rest. Yuta, his new boyfriend Sicheng, Johnny, Ten, Taeil, Doyoung Lucas and Jungwoo came from the office together. Mark's dad came in next. Each person shocked, and appalled that someone could do something this awful to the sweetest person alive.
When Taeyong finally got there with Jaehyun he was a wreck. His heart shattered at the state of the sweet boy he practically grew up with in the orphanage. The smart, pretty, lovely caring boy he's grown to love over the years.
"Hyucky, oh my god. What have they done to you? Are you ok? Does it hurt?" Haechan smiles and reaches for his hand.
"Tyongie, thank you for coming, and you Jae." He says peeking around Taeyong.
"Yes it hurts but they give me a good amount of drugs to numb the pain and Mark and Chenle have been taking good care of me." He looks around the room that has mostly emptied out, then his eyes landed on Mark who is on his other side holding his hand.
"Mark you look exhausted, will you please , please go to my apartment and take care of Sunny for the night? He doesn't like to be alone. He was probably so scared last night." Mark looks hesitant and doesn't want to leave.
"I don't want you alone." He says gripping his hand a little tighter.
"I'll stay!" Taeyong volunteers, he looks at Jae who shrugs his shoulders. Mark still looks hesitant but sighs in defeat.
"Fine, but if something happens and I'm not here I would feel awful." He pouts and looks away, knowing Haechan is stubborn and won't budge.
"I will FaceTime you when I'm going to bed and we can fall asleep listening to the other snore." He smiles cutely at Mark who can agree with this.
"Just get one good nights sleep then Sunny can stay at someone's house tomorrow. I love you." He adds in just for good measure. Mark just kisses him and agrees to leave for the night.

After an hour of trying to kick Mark out he finally left.
"Wow, Mark is completely whipped for you." Taeyong says laughing.
"I've never seen him this way and I love it. You are both very special to me, so it is beyond perfect!" Haechan smiles but starts to wriggle uncomfortably.
"Will you hit my red button for pain please?" Taeyong does as told as the nurse comes in to check him over and change his bandages. Taeyong starts to get up to give him some privacy but Haechan grabs his hand.
"Please stay, hold my hand. I didn't want Mark here for this because I wasn't ready for him to see it, but I need someone." Taeyong frowns in confusion.
"Why? I don't understand. If it were me I would want Jae by my side." Haechan wipes at his face trying to slow the river of tears while shaking his head.
"No! Don't miss understand, I just I feel like he's been through enough and I know if it were him on this bed I would only be more angry at the people who did this and I don't want him to be upset. I love him so much and he already feels guilty even though he shouldn't and I feel so bad for him feeling like that." Haechan starts sobbing while Taeyong holds him as much as he can without hurting him. Neither have yet to feel the presence, they haven't noticed that Mark returned to get his phone in just enough time to hear everything.
"You know, I admire your thoughtfulness, your strength, the fact that you put others feelings over your own but if I can't be strong for you when you need it most then what good am I? Will you please stop pushing me away to protect me? I love you and yes it kills me to see you like this and when I see under your bandages it will make me feel all sorts of ways but I need to feel things with you, not standing in the corner alone." Mark sighs trying not to get angry, trying to understand what he's going through. Haechan is still sobbing and now feels even worse.
"Damnit Haechan I want to know when you are happy, sad, confused. When you're angry? Yell at me hit me I don't care just share it with me!" Haechan stops holding onto Taeyong who excuses himself so he's not third wheeling their fight.
"You want that? You want to see me angry?" Haechan yells.
"Yes, let me see all of you." Mark says firmly.
"Fine, I'm mad, and hurt." He says calmly at first.
"WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO ME? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?" Mark moves in and holds him, letting him thrash around as much as he wants to.
"I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY? I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY WITH YOU AND MINHYUNG.
Tonight I would have had a lot of stuff moved in already and we would be eating dinner as a family right now and then later after Min went to bed you would hold me and m-make love to me and we would have been so happy and now we're here." Mark holds him, lovingly running his fingers through Haechan's hair.
"I'm here, I love you baby. You are so strong. I'm going to make sure all of that happens, but you will come home with me. You will come to OUR house with Min and I. Yeah it wasn't the way we planned but it will still happen and when you are able I'll make love to you so much you won't be able to walk for at least a week. We will have family dinners every night, and be happy and together." Haechan kisses him softly and nods his head.
"It's perfect, you're perfect, I don't know how I got so lucky to find you?" Mark shakes his head no.
"I'm the lucky one, now we should probably let the nurse in to do her job." Mark smiles softly.
"Would you like me to leave?" Haechan shakes his head no as he hits the call button. The nurse comes in shortly after and starts by checking his vitals then she starts to remove his gown. He winces as she pulls the bandage off gently.
"Are you the one that's going to help him at home? If so pay attention so you can do this for him." And that was something Haechan never took in to account, so he's happy Mark is here. He hears the gasp that leaves his lips when he sees the burn from being dragged. He doesn't turn to see the tears that Mark is crying because he knows he is and he can't bear it.

Mark is trying to be strong but Haechan was right he is more angry, but he's ok with this because he's here with Haechan physically and emotionally. He watches the nurse gently clean the area while holding Haechan's hand so he can squeeze it through the pain. He kisses Haechan's closed eyes as he silently cries through it.
The worst part for Mark would be seeing the pain on Haechan's face, but he tries his hardest to stay strong for him.
"I love you baby, you got this." He says to encourage him.
After a few more minutes he's bandaged back up and it feels so much better, Taeyong comes back in after the nurse leaves to find out if he's still staying which Haechan still wants Mark to go sleep in an actual bed so yeah.
It was tough, especially for Mark. After this happened he, doesn't ever want Haechan out of his sight and even though he knows it can't be that way in reality he had a hard time walking away.