37

Mark couldn't move fast enough to get Min and get out of the house.
"Come on buddy we have to go to Haechan now. He, he uh. Um go to uncle Jeno while I grab a few things." Minhyung snuggled into Jeno's shoulder, his sleepiness coming back full force which the two adults are both thankful not to have to explain anything at the moment. Mark goes back to his room to get his phone and wallet then goes to Min's room to get his stuffed puppy that Haechan gave him to sleep with so he wouldn't miss sunny as much and his blanket. Jeno carries him to Marks car since his car seat is in there and takes Mark's keys figuring he won't be in any shape to drive.
Mark is a wreck, he can't focus on anything. He feels like this is all his fault, he could have done so much differently and this wouldn't have happened.
"Who is with him right now?" He asks on the verge of breaking down.
"Chenle, Renjun and Jaemin. I came here as soon as I could." Mark opens his phone to call Chenle and sees like 30 missed calls from the guys and only one voicemail. He shakily opens it and listens as his heart shatters.
"I'm so sorry. I was just so tired, I don't sleep well anymore so when I do I just have a hard time waking . If only I heard his call then maybe I..." Jeno grabs his hand.
"You still wouldn't have been there on time, now all you need to do is keep positive for Minhyung but mostly for Haechan." Jeno says firmly as he squeezes his hand and continues to drive while Mark is still wrestling with guilt.  The ride feels like it goes on forever and by the time they actually get there Mark is ready to combust.

When they finally arrive Jeno brings Minhyung while Mark runs ahead.
He quietly knocks on the door and opens it seeing Chenle sitting beside Haechan, he can't see his face yet so he steps forward. When he finally sees what he looks like he drops to the floor, silently crying. Jeno walks in with a half asleep Minhyung who doesn't seem to notice much so he takes him to the couch where his boyfriends are sitting and have them hold him and try to keep him asleep. Chenle gets down on the floor beside him and hugs him.
"He looks terrible, I know but he's ok." Mark perks up, looking at Haechan.
"What do you mean ok? Look at him! It hurts, it must hurt so bad. I should have been there." He hangs his head in shame and cries more.
"Mark none of this is your fault, he was literally just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's on a lot of pain medication and he's just sleeping peacefully." Mark sniffles and looks at Chenle to make sure he's sincere which he seems to be telling the truth.
"What about a concussion? And what else did they do t-to him?" He asks trying to hold back his tears. Chenle sighs.
"He has a mild concussion, two broken ribs, a fractured wrist and a lot of bruising. Also." Mark looks at him in disbelief.
"You just told me he was fine and with all that there is an also?" He's trying not to get angry.
"Sorry, I know it sounds like a lot but the doctor said that he's very lucky. There is not much swelling on his brain, which for what he went through is good news." He looks at Mark reluctantly.
"He has a bit of road rash from where they dragged him across the pavement." He almost whispers, knowing that Mark must be beyond angry hearing all of this. He of course knows if it was Jisung he would be angry too.
Mark breathes in and out deeply, trying to calm his raging heart. He quickly stands up and walks out without a word, Jeno follows.
He goes down the corridor to the elevator, Jeno keeps step so he can go with. They don't speak, Jeno is only there to make sure he doesn't do something stupid.
When he gets down to the main floor he walks out to the furthest bench outside and sits calmly. The walk here already doing something to calm his nerves.
He only sits for a minute before he stands and screams into the night at the top of his lungs.
"HE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS! WHY CANT THINGS GO HIS WAY? WHY CANT IT JUST BE EASY FOR HIM FOR ONCE? He's he's so sweet, so precious." He whispers in the end, his pain coming out little by little.
"Things are easy with you, and Min. When he's with you guys he's in the happiest place he can be." Jeno says quietly.
"I've been dying this week, waiting. I didn't know if I should call and beg forgiveness or if he hated me and never wanted to see me again." Jeno chuckles.
"That's funny, he was the same way." Mark cracks the tiniest smile and takes a few more deep breaths before heading back in.

When they get back to the room everyone turns to look at him, even Min had woken up.
"Daddy?" He asks softly. Mark can't help but soften at the tremble in his voice. He holds his arms out for him and picks him up, squeezing tight.
"Daddy, is Haechanie going to be ok?" He asks in a meek voice. Mark finds himself calming even more, just knowing he has to be positive for his child.
"Yes buddy, it's just like when he broke his wrist before but he has more pain. You and me will take care of him though, ok? We will bring him and Sunny to our house and take so much care of him he will be better in no time." Minhyung smiles.
"Yes daddy, I'll be his nurse and you can be his doctor!" He says excitedly.
"Can I kiss him daddy?" He asks looking at his bruised face. Mark thinks and looks Haechan over.
"How about right here?" He asks pointing at Haechan's chin, the only place that isn't swelled up at the moment. He does just that, then hugs his dad.
"He feels better already!" He proudly states. Everyone chuckles and wipes their eyes after watching this exchange.
"Min, I'm going to stay here tonight with Haechan so I want you to stay with one of your uncles over there." He says pointing to them. Chenle bows out since he wants to stay too and as much as the others do as well they know they all can't.
"If you want you can stay at mine or just bring him to yours whatever's easier. Text me and let me know what you decide." He hands him a key to his house so they can get in and hugs Minhyung again.
"Thank you for being my brave little man ok. Be a good boy and sleep well for them. I love you." He says kissing his cheek.
"Love you daddy, make sure you give Haechanie lots of kisses so he will feel better." Mark smiles warmly at him.
"Of course I will now you go sleep. Goodnight buddy."
After a few more small conversations including where he thanked Jeno and the others for everything they did for Haechan and himself tonight Chenle opted for the couch to sleep knowing Mark would want to be as close as possible to Haechan.
He sits in the chair by the bed and holds his good hand and gives him as many kisses as he can before laying his head on the mattress to get a little rest.