40

After two weeks of living in a hospital bed Haechan is more than ready to leave. He hasn't seen Sunny in too long because no matter how much they begged the hospital said no. His road rash is scabbing over nicely and they figure he will need minimal care for that, he still has to be cautious of his broken ribs for another four weeks and of course with his wrist as well. They carefully lift him up in a sitting position, something he's been working on anyway so he can get up and do things on his own. When Mark walks in with Minhyung to take him home he almost starts to cry but then he looks away and chuckles.
"Happy or sad I can't cry, we've cried too much over the last few weeks. Right Min?" Minhyung gets excited and tries to run and hug him.
"Ah ah ah, no hugs yet buddy." He pouts sadly but slowly walks up and kisses his cheek.
"Today is a happy day! You get to live in my house with me and sunny and daddy too." Mark chuckles and smiles proudly at his son then he walks up and puts a lingering kiss on Haechan's lips. Chenle and Jisung fake gag as Minhyung just claps. Haechan giggles and whispers to Mark.
"Is this going to happen every time he sees us kiss?" Mark looks over his shoulder at his boy and smiles.
"He'll get used to it." He pecks him again quickly and holds his hands out to help him.
"Are you ready to come home?" He asks staring deep in Haechan's eyes, the latter gulps down his need to cry again and nods his head.
"I can't wait." He carefully holds Mark's hands and lets him guide him off the bed, this is also a move they've practiced with his physical therapist to make sure he doesn't get hurt.
"Min, grab his bags please?" Minhyung excitedly takes it out of Chenle's hand.
"Thank you guys for being here with me and helping me so much." Haechan says to Chenle and Jisung as they walk them down to the car park.

The whole ride home is filled with nervous excitement, of course just pure excitement from the back seat. Mark looks over to Haechan while stopped at a light and catches his stare.
"I hope you're as excited as I am." He says kissing the Haechan's knuckles. Haechan smiles softly.
"I am, but I'm also scared." Mark crinkles his brow but before he could say anything Haechan clarifies.
"Don't worry, nothing major but like I'm coming into yours and Minhyung's house and it's all new to me and I don't know how to feel." Mark smiles comfortingly.
"All we want is for you to feel like you're home." Haechan nods and smiles before laughing at Mark for getting startled when the person behind him honked.
When they finally arrived Mark walks around and helps Haechan out while Minhyung carries his bag. Mark unlocks the door and hears Sunny whining behind it.
"Let me go first so he doesn't jump on you." Haechan nods excitedly, he's so happy to see his dog again.
"Tell him to heel and he won't jump." Mark nods and says it once through the door and he waits patiently. When the door opens fully Sunny can't stop himself from trying to get to his person. He whimpers as Mark holds him back.
"I'll sit on the couch and he can sit on my lap." He lets Minhyung lead him to the couch and he sits letting Mark bring Sunny over slowly. He seems to get the idea now as he slows down and gingerly gets on Haechan's lap. Haechan wraps his arms around him and talks sweetly to him.
"I missed you so much! How's my good boy?" Mark couldn't help tearing up watching Haechan cry while Sunny licks his face in happiness.
After a while, Sunny lays with his head in Haechan's lap, Minhyung already went up to take a nap and Mark is sitting on Haechan's other side watching a movie.
"It feels so good to be home, I love you." Haechan says quietly.
"I love you too." Mark says turning to face him.
"I know it isn't right but I never want to let you out of my sight again. I know you won't get hurt every time you're alone but it's a chance I never want to take again and yes I understand that in reality I can't be with you all the time but I wish I could." Haechan giggles and kisses his lips softly.
"You are so sweet and I'm glad you care so much, but could we maybe finish this later I really have to pee. I've been sitting here for 3 hours." Mark jumps up.
"Of course, I'll help you."
Mark did exactly as he said and helped and Sunny made sure to sit outside the bathroom door and wait for him.

When Minhyung woke up he went straight to Haechan and sat beside him.
"Can I give you a tour now?" He's been excited for the last week to give Haechan a tour and Haechan happily agrees even though he's been here many times before.

"And this is daddies bedroom, he said that you can sleep in here with him because that's what daddies who love each other do." Haechan smiles at his cuteness and chooses not to dwell on the use of the word 'daddies'.
When they are done with the tour Mark has their lunch made so they sit and eat as a family and it is as amazing as Haechan thought it would be.
Over the next few weeks they encounter a lot of firsts as a new family.

I FINALLY HAVE A MARKHYUCK IN MY NCT ONE SHOT BOOK SO PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!
Thank you for your patience.