20

Warning, a whole lot of fluffy softness coming up!

It's only taken an hour of just lying on the beach in silence to calm Haechan's heart. He feels completely at peace, his head is on Mark's chest while Mark has his arms wrapped around him as tightly as he can.
"I wanted to do this that day you know? I just wanted to hold you all day and watch movies or even do this." He sniffles, he feels bad that he hurt Haechan obviously but he was hurting too.
"We're doing it now and it is perfect." Haechan lifts himself up and crawls on top of Mark.
"I wish I could have been there with you. I hate that you had to go through that without me." Mark leans up and softly kisses his lips.
"Thank you, I tried to pretend that you were going to walk through the door any minute. It was hell, at first my only focus was on my dad but after he was in the clear and in the recovery phase I couldn't stop thinking of how I left you and how much I wanted to be with you. Minhyung missed you too, he asked about you all the time. He can't wait to see you again." Haechan smiles sweetly nuzzling his face in Mark's neck and leaving soft kisses.
"Why didn't he come back with you?" Haechan asks as he breathes in as much of Mark's scent that he possibly can.
"I had to sort this out with you, if you never wanted to see me again." Mark starts to choke up at the thought, the same thought that had been running over his mind the whole time he was away.
"If there was no way you would forgive me. I-I just didn't want to put him through that." Haechan leaves soft kisses on Mark's neck, then moves to his face.
"You are amazing you know that? I'm so lucky to have met you and Minhyung is so lucky to have you as a dad." He pauses for a long while just staring into Mark's eyes.
"I really do love you, I don't know why it happened so fast but I just can't imagine ever being happy in my life if you are not in it." Mark thinks his heart may have burst. He's never known such explosive feelings for someone. He always thought he knew what love felt like but this is different this is comparable to the moment he became a father, that feeling of wanting to cherish and protect someone with all you have for the rest of your life. Marks hands go up to Haechan's face, his thumbs rubbing circles on his cheeks. He admires Haechan in this moment for being brave enough to say what he feels in an uncertain time. Yeah they both said it before but this, moments like these are when they mean the most. He goes up to his elbows and presses his lips to Haechan's. The kiss is short and sweet when Mark pulls back to look Haechan in the eyes.
"I love you too Haechan, I never thought I would feel this feeling ever but you came into my life and made me and my child pancakes on a day that I was not at all together and taught me that it's ok to feel, to fall because someone will be there to catch you."
They fall into a pattern of lazy kisses and cuddles not even having a thought to the passing of time, right now it's just the two of them and that's all that matters.

The others had long since come home, Chenle was still uneasy not having seen Haechan in person but he trusts that he's ok with Mark. Jeno is still quite wired from the whole thing and can't go to bed just yet, he doesn't want to roll around all night and wake Jaemin. He walks to their shared room and sees him sleeping and smiles. He slowly walks up and gently kisses his head before backing out of the room.
He then goes across the hall and quietly knocks on Renjun's door, hoping someone could tell him about their adventure and just to secretly admire his face. He feels awful knowing he has these thoughts and feelings for another man when he is in a relationship with one of the most amazing people he's ever met but he can't help it. Under normal circumstances he would just stop being friends with someone and keep his distance just to make sure he never hurt his love but he couldn't hurt Renjun that way. When he sees him sleeping his desire to go up and also kiss him on the head is strong but he would never hurt Jaemin that way. He backs out and goes down to the kitchen to grab some milk and maybe a cookie to make him sleepy and he finds Chenle sitting with a cup of tea just staring out the window.
"Are you ok Le?" He asks genuinely concerned, Chenle chuckles a bit.
"Yeah." He says sighing.
"I'm just trying to calm my nerves. I'm glad he's with Mark and they're working this out though." Jeno pats his shoulder and walks to the refrigerator.
"What's that Yuta guy like?" Chenle asks sipping his tea.
"I don't know, honestly I didn't give him much of a chance. I think he really felt bad about what he did and honestly I think I made him cry on more than one occasion but I was so frustrated you know? What he did to most wouldn't even be a big deal but with what Haechan went through over the last weeks it pissed me off." Chenle hummed.
"So what do you suppose happened to the other two?" Jeno raises his brow in question.
"When Jisung and I came back Jaemin was sitting on the couch with obvious tears dried on his face and I could hear Renjun crying from his room. You know you guys really need to talk this out." Jeno gets visibly uncomfortable but asks anyway.
"Talk what out?" Chenle gives him the you know exactly what I mean look and Jeno tenses.
"You guys must know that Renjun has feelings for you, you guys should all three sit down and talk about your feelings." Jeno looks away scoffing.
"So you want me to tell my boyfriend that even though I've said before that I love him with all my heart I kind of found room for someone else?" Chenle hugs his friend then puts his cup in the sink.
"It's hard yes but I can tell just by watching you guys interact that you all have feelings and if you guys don't work it out someone is bound to be hurt irreparably. On that note Goodnight, or good morning?" He chuckles and leaves Jeno with a solemn look on his face and a lot more weighing on his heart than before.