chapter 17

"I have good news for you."

"Spill." He said as he didn't even spared her a glance. His mother sighed at his behavior but still managed to smile.

"You're getting engaged!" Mrs. Jeon said in glee.

"WHAT?!" Jungkook yells, his mother looked at him in shock, "Don't raise your voice at me! I said you're getting engaged!!"

"To whom?!"

"Oh, you know! The Heiress of Chou Group! Tzuyu, you guys are close since childhood so there's not much of a big deal. Her parents agreed also, and Tzuyu too! Isn't that great!" Mrs. Jeon replied.

"But mom! I only see her as a sister! Nothing more, nothing less!" He said as he stood up angrily.

"Son, this is good for you and the company! Besides, not only it's good for you and the company but to theirs as well! Then, why won't you do that for her as a 'sister'?"

"Mom! That's not how it works! It's weird and uncomfortable! What about me? What about my happiness? Why me when there's so many different rich guys out there!" Jungkook yells and starts walking away.

"But you're the only one that fits her. Besides, Tzuyu likes you!" Mrs. Jeon shouted.

Jungkook stops his tracks and looked at her, shocked. "She likes WHAT?!" His eyes widen.

Mrs. Jeon went to Jungkook and held his hand, "Don't you see?? She likes you since kindergarten. Plus, her family agreed with the marriage, Tzuyu as well. We now only need your permission—"

"NO." Jungkook yanks his hand away from her and stomps away furiously. He went to his bedroom and plopped himself on the bed.

Mrs. Jeon went to the couch and sighs while ribbing her temple.

L A L I S A  M A N O B A N

"So, what brings you here?"I ask V as we walk side by side.

"I got bored at home and I just wanted to take a stroll. You?" He replies.

"Same reason as well."

"Do you have plans for today?" He looked at me. "No, why?" I said to him.

"How about we go to my place then?" He faced me and grabs both of my hands.

I started to feel a little awkward, "Uhh sure! Since I have nothing to do anyways haha.."

"Great! C'mon then! We might miss the bus!"

"There's a bus stop?" I asked, 'You idiot! Of course there's a bus stop! Why did I even asked that dumb question..'

"You dumbo, of course there's a bus!!" I was cut off guard when he starts dragging me towards bus stop.

As we arrive, I breathed heavily. "And we're here!" He said in a happy tone.

My hands resting on my knees, "Do we.... really have to run?? And— THERE'S NO BUS STOP!!

"Oh. Really? Why I don't know that.." He said as he scratches the back his neck.

"Oh, really? You said there's a bus stop earlier!! THEN THOSE RUNNING WASN'T WORTH IT AT ALL!! I JUST WASTED MY ENERGY!"

"Geez relax, you're overreacting. We can still CLEARLY see the place where we ate fish cakes." He turned my head towards the spot where we ate fish cakes.

"Y-yeah but still!—"

"Come on then!" He pushes me towards a black car and opens the car door before shoving me inside.