chapter 22

"Y-you're Taehyung?! The one Jungkook was talking about?! And you're also Tae Hee's brother! No wonder why you both looked so similar! Then what's your real name??"

"Woah woah easy there, honey. First of all, Yes I'm Taehyung, the one who Jungkook was yapping about, also Tae Hee's older brother. And Kim Taehyung is my real name."

"Then who's V? Is he your twin brother??"

"Darling, I don't have a twin. V is just a nickname."

"Oh? Wait! If you're Kim Taehyung then—"

"Yes, I'm the heir of the Méin.Kim also known as the handsomest living human on earth."

"Those were just from TC Candler. Those are biased."

"Well, where's the lie though?"

"Hm, well I guess you're right." Lisa whispers then shrugs while taking a sip of her americano.

"Now, since I already told you my real identity. Enough about me and let me know how you met my sister."

"Okay, I knew her when since grade school, she was that cute popular girl in our batch. We got closer when we were in 7th grade. That's it."

"That's it? Gosh, give me details!"

Flashback

A young girl was sobbing at the corner of the staircase, a 13 year old Lisa saw her and went up to her to ask why she's crying...

"Hello? Are you alright?"

The girl stopped crying and stood up while dusting her skirt. "Y-yes I'm alright." Lisa noticed the girl wiping her tears and turns around, it was Tae Hee.

"H-hey, are you sure? You can talk to me about it if you want..."

The girl paused before sitting back down the stairs and Lisa sat beside her.

"Can you tell me why you're crying?"

"M-my brother is going to P-paris for 3 years. I don't want him to go!"

Lisa sat there quietly, listening to her.

"I-it makes me feel lonely without him... our parents don't even have time to play with us because of the company. He always get the attention from our parents because he's the one who's next to the company! Even though he has all that, he still has time to spend time with me and treat me like an actual family. He would try his best to make me smile and laugh and help me with my problems... Now that he's going away, I'll go back from being lonely again!" Tae Hee continues on crying, Lisa didn't know what to do so she just patted her back.

"Y-your brother seems like a wonderful person. And you don't have to go back from being alone, you know, you have our classmates, your friends! You have everyone in school since you're the popular girl.."

"No, I overheard them talking back at me, telling me how much my brother is better than I am, how I am a spoiled brat and how I would end up if I weren't an heiress. They were just leeching money off of me, they were just using me!" Tae Hee's cries went louder as her tears fall from her chin.

"H-hey, you can talk to me! I can be your friend."

"You don't have to! Every one leaves once they get something from you. It's give and take."

"I'm not that kind of a person! If I were one of them, I would've just left you here to cry. I promise, I'll earn your trust!"