Gameweek 4

Usually my opening 3 gameweeks have always been great but this season has been different. The inability of teams to keep clean sheets is really a huge dilemma.  I’m tempted to use my wildcard since my team doesn’t seem to be in a good shape.
I think it time to focus or invest more in midfielders and forwards. Using the 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 formations could help you earn more points than that of playing four defenders. This week’s focus will be on the North London Derby where Arsenal play bitter rivals Tottenham. I will also give an insight into top player performances from the League Cup and Europa league that took over this week.

Players to look at for Gameweek 4

1. AFC Bournemouth
M. Fraser (7.3), F. Wilson (7.9)
You might be wondering why Harry Wilson doesn’t feature in this list. Yes, he’s scored twice but his spot in the starting eleven even a bigger question. For the same price I’d rather have Mason Mount whose heels are hot. Last season it was in games like this where Bournemouth would go big hence I’m expecting either Fraser or Callum Wilson to lead the way vs Leicester. Bournemouth have been poor so far and only won on penalties vs Forest Green mid-week so maybe yeah Harry Wilson () could potentially be a differential.

2. Arsenal
M. Pepe (9.4), F. Aubameyang (11.0), F. Lacazette (9.0)
It’s the NORTH LONDON DERBYYYYY!!!! I still want to see what Pepe, Auba and Laca will look like on the field together and I’m sure that most of the Gooners feel the same too. Arsenal play Tottenham on Sunday. If Auba starts on the left again he could torment Walkers-Peters and the same with Pepe. Tough to see any side keeping a clean sheet and hence I wouldn’t suggest any Arsenal defenders. Without Vertonghen at the back, Spurs don’t look so good at the back which makes this a good opportunity for Auba and Laca to pounce on.

3. Aston Villa
GK. Heaton (4.5), M. McGinn (4.6), M. Lansbury (4.4), M. Grealish (6.0)
Villa shocked Everton with a 2-0 victory last week and then went on to beat Crewe 6-1 in the League Cup. They next face Crystal Palace away in GW 4 who beat United 2-1. Now, Palace do not appear to be a threat even after their victory in the last game as their overall performance was very average. They attacked United on the counters and often played ultra-defensive. Lansbury grabbed three assists in the game to Crewe while Jack Grealish scored and assisted in the few minutes that he played. At 6.5 Grealish seems to be a better option compared to Bernardo Silva and Richiarlison who have been misfiring.

4. Brighton and Hove Albion
F. Murray (5.9)
Brighton face Manchester City away.
The Seagulls only hope’s Glenn Murray

5. Burnley
F. Barnes (6.7)
Got beat in the League Cup by Sunderland.
Could Barnes goal-scoring run transcend?
I’m sorry about the that but I think we kind of know the outcome and also want Liverpool and Manchester City to go big in these games.

6. Chelsea
M. Pulisic (7.5), M. Mount (6.3), F. Abraham (7.1)
Chelsea scored thrice against Norwich with Tammy Abraham hitting the net twice. They face Sheffield United in their next outing which could give the Chelsea frontline a chance to impress again. Good news! Mason Mount’s back in training. Mount has been pivotal whenever Chelsea move forward and his been their talisman so far. Another player who could make an impact is Christian Pulisic. He grabbed an assist in the last game and is still looking for his first goal, hopefully it’ll be against Sheffield.

7. Crystal Palace
D. van Aanholt (5.5), M. Zaha (6.9)
After their shock victory vs United Crystal Palace could extend this run vs Aston Villa. Villa’s defence isn’t up to the mark and van Aanholt’s and Zaha’s deadly runs could expose them only more.   

8. Everton
D. Digne (6.1)
Everton face a tough test in Wolves on Sunday. Lucas Digne scored a brilliant free kick which will only further send butterflies in FPL manager’s stomachs. Despite the 4-2 victory to Lincoln City in which Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Richiarlison also scored, Everton have looked toothless in the Premier League as of yet. Wolves will be a completely different ball game for Marco Silva’s men.

9. Leicester City
M. Maddison (7.6), F. Vardy (8.9)
An in-form Maddison and Jamie Vardy who scored his first goal of the season vs Sheffield face Bournemouth at home. Maddison scored the opening goal vs Newcastle in the League Cup and seems to be Leicester’s most confident player on the field with 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 PL and 1 League Cup fixtures.

10. Liverpool
D. Trent (7.0), M. Salah (12.5), M. Mane (11.5)
The Reds go up against Burnley…. Salah and Mane make potential captains for GW4. Both have been in fine form since the start of the season and could go big vs Burnley.

11. Manchester City
M. de Bruyne (9.7), M. Sterling (12.3), F. Aguero (12.0)
Another team with a delightful fixture, the blues face Brighton at home. At times it gets hard to pick Manchester City players as all of they perform really well. But these three are the best out there!

12. Manchester United
M. Pogba (8.6), M. James (6.0), F. Rashford (8.7)
The lack in depth of United’s squad gives players like Daniel James more minutes. James has scored 2 goals in 3 games and has also picked up 2 yellow cards. Not yet fully convinced with him but the lad deserves to be given time. With Martial injured and Sanchez gone, all focus will be on Pogba and Rashford as United travel to St. Mary’s. Both of them of mixed their last penalties in what’s turning out to be a series of comical events.

Newcastle United
F. Joelinton (5.9)
I never saw their victory to Spurs coming in a million years. Number 9, Joelinton scored his first goal for The Magpies and could hit the ground running vs Watford. Steve Bruce’s men lost to Leicester City on penalties in the mid-week but the team seem to be improving as a whole.

14. Norwich City
M. Cantwell (4.6), F. Pukki (7.0)
I read somewhere on Twitter that in the future we’ll be tweeting “The streets won’t forget 19/20 Pukki” #PukkiParty
(They play a defensively weak West Ham)

15. Sheffield United
F. Sharp (5.9), F. McBurnie (5.9)
Sheffield United’s team spirit has won my heart. The Blades have put on a fight in every game that they’ve played, so expect the same vs Chelsea.

16. Southampton
M. Redmond (6.4) F. Adams (5.8)
Redmond won man of the match in the game vs Brighton and also grabbed an assist vs Fulham in the League Cup. Redmond makes a potential differential if he could beat United’s backline which doesn’t look so glamorous anymore.

17. Tottenham Hotspurs
M. Eriksen (8.8), F. Kane (11.1)
Harry Kane sure loves a game vs Arsenal and makes another ‘Captain Pick’. Liverpool showcased how prone Arsenal were at the back while Newcastle gave Spurs an early knock. Eriksen will definitely return into the starting eleven as Pochettino will try to rectify the mistakes vs Newcastle.
Also, while writing this I learned that Kyle Walker-Peters is out injured.

18. Watford
F. Gray (5.9), F. Deulofeu (6.3)
I’m getting tired of Deulofeu but he did show a few sparks vs West Ham. Watford sit at the bottom of the table and will need to step up.

19. West Ham
F. Haller (7.4)
It took him sometime but Sebastian Haller finally found the back of the net vs Watford. His ability to hold the ball and ability to try scoring from even difficult positions surely makes him one to watch.

20. Wolves
M. Dendoncker (4.5), F. Jimenez (7.4)
Wolverhampton have progressed to the Europa League with Jimenez scoring once again. Wolves play Everton away who have been resilient in defence and have conceded only twice this season.