Gameweek 25

The number of players that picked up injuries or are doubtful because of GW24 has left me fuming. I had captained Mane and had bought in Allison for the double gameweek only for Dean Henderson who was on my bench to get more points than Allison. Yesterday, the last day of January saw clubs swoop in to make signings with United making the most of the last two days signing Bruno Fernandes and Odion Ighalo on loan. Let’s take a look at the One’s to watch for GW25

1. AFC Bournemouth
M. Wilson (5.8), F. Wilson (7.4)
Vs Aston Villa (H)
Eddie Howe really needs to get Bournemouth running or fight a relegation battle. The Cherries have been underperforming for quite a while and finally notched a 3-1 victory against Brighton at home. They once again play at home against Aston Villa, a team that has conceded in each and every away game that they’ve played this season and hence the recommendation of a pair of Wilson. For me Harry Wilson has been fantastic for Bournemouth. Being a loanee, he has kind of put Howe in a position that playing him is vital. As for Callum Wilson, it’s either now or never. The forward will have to give his all for not only club but also a country as England could miss out on their stars in Rashford and Kane. Wilson finally scored after suffering a long spell of not finding the net against Brighton in GW24 and will have to put in extra effort to pull Bournemouth outside of the relegation battle.

2. Arsenal
F. Martinelli (4.6), F. Aubameyang (10.7)
Vs Burnley (A)
Aubameyang is back! But it’s another away game for the Gunners. If I was Arteta, I’d play Martinelli because the Brazilian has been puts in effort and is confident going forward with the ball. Burnley just knocked two of the current top 6, winning 2-0 vs Leicester and 2-0 vs ManUtd. If I were Arsenal, I’d be a bit worried and approach the game with seriousness. With Auba back in the team, Arsenal will look menacing in the front but it’s the back that needs to be disciplined.

3. Aston Villa
M. Grealish (6.7)
Vs Bournemouth (A)
With Bruno Fernandes coming in for Manchester United, my mind is a bit shaken or I’d say tempted own him but I’m more comfortable having Grealish. The Villa captain has 9 goals and 7 assists this season and has simply been in outstanding form.

4. Brighton and Hove Albion
Vs West Ham (A)
-

5. Burnley
D. Tarkowski (4.), F. Wood (6.2)
Vs Arsenal (H)
Arsenal have struggled in games away from home and it is no secret. The top clubs expect to win against teams like Burnley but with their current form I’d be a bit cautious. Burnley mostly depend on set-pieces and that’s where Tarkowski comes in. The defender is a threat and I’m not sure if Arsenal have really solved their defensive issues with the loan signing of Pablo Mari. Chris Wood scored his 10th goal of the season against Manchester United equalling his highest goal-scoring tally in the league which is also joint with his first season at the club. There are still a lot of games remaining for the season the end and I’m sure that this will be the Kiwi forwards highest scoring season in the league.

6. Chelsea
M. Willian (7.2)
Vs Leicester City (A)
This tie doesn’t look good Chelsea with Abraham doubtful and Pulisic still out injured. Chelsea, like Leicester have slipped a bit of their momentum and Lampard will also have to work with what he has at his disposal as Chelsea have not made a signing in this transfer window. Willian seems like one who could be the mostly likely to deliver scoring already 4 and grabbing 4 assists this season, I know it’s not much but he’s been putting on some decent performances.

7. Crystal Palace
M. Zaha (6.8)
Vs Sheffield United (H)
Wilfred Zaha wanted a move away from Palace at the beginning of the season and since then his performances have dwindled. If he carries on like this clubs may look over him and the Ivorian will at least have to do more than what he’s currently showcasing.