Gameweek 13

SO MUCH HAPPENED over the International Break! From the Euro Qualifiers to the Bale Banter and then the ‘Return of Jose’. But our focus remains only and only on the players that we own, the one’s that did exceptionally well and the one’s that will miss out on GW13.

1. AFC Bournemouth
M. Wilson (6.0), F. Wilson (7.7)
Vs Wolverhampton (H)
Joshua King will miss the game while Fraser remains doubtful. Harry Wilson scored Bournemouths only goal in their 2-1 loss to Newcastle. Since their victory over Manchester City in October, Wolves have conceded in each and every of their last 5 games. Eddie Howe has a tough task ahead and the onus should be on both the Wilson’s to deliver.

2. Arsenal
F.Aubameyang (11.0)
Vs Southampton (H)
Arsenal’s next four fixtures could help them to move closer to a Champions League spot provided they win all four of them and the current top 5 stutter. The next 4 fixtures might mean managers should look into Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who has 8 goals in 12 matches this season.

3. Aston Villa
M. McGinn (5.8), F. Wesley (6.0)
Vs Newcastle United (H)
When was the last time Newcastle United have kept a clean sheet? The answer is their victory over Manchester United. I’m noticing a pattern here, where every team that has beaten united have endured a poor run. Villa lost 2-1 to wolves in GW12 and Heaton should start despite being doubtful. 

4. Brighton and Hove Albion
F. Neal Maupay (6.0)
Vs Leicester City (H)
I’m expecting Leicester to bag a victory in this fixture but Maupay has been great at home and has 37 shots on goal, two behind Aguero and Salah who’re tied on 40. Connally will miss out due to a groin injury that he sustained against Manchester United.

5. Burnley
GK. Pope (4.7), M. McNeil (6.0), F. Wood (6.2), F. Barnes (6.3)
Vs Watford (A)
Burnley won 3-0 last week while Watford claimed their first victory of the season. Barnes and Wood both scored goals while McNeil, Tarkowski and Pope too were fantastic. The Clarets should be recharged when they face Watford away.

6. Chelsea
M. Pulisic (7.4), M. Mount (6.8), F. Abraham (6.8)
Vs Manchester City (A)
Mount and Pulisic had a great International Break with England as their each scored a goal. The only road-block here is Manchester City as Frank Lampard’s boys travel to the Etihad. City will be seeking redemption after losing to Liverpool last week and Pep will go all out on this one.

7. Crystal Palace
Vs Liverpool (H)
-

8. Everton
D. Digne (5.9), M. Sigurdsson (7.5), M. Richiarlison (7.9)
Vs Norwich (H)
A 2-1 victory for the Toffees places Marco Silva’s men at 15 on the table. Norwich were terrible in their last game as they lost to WATFORD! Richiarlison and Sigurdsson have been in decent form, and I’m backing Richiarlison to find the net today.

9. Leicester City
D. Pereira (6.4), M. Maddison (7.5), M. Tielemans (6.7), F. Vardy (9.6)
Vs Brighton (A)
Brendan Rodgers! Oh My God! The man’s done a fantastic job with Leicester City. The Foxes have been cruising and are currently 2nd on the table. Rodgers has set the team quiet well and have a good run of fixtures until Dec 21st where they face Manchester City.

10. Liverpool
GK. Alisson (6.0), D. Alexander-Arnold (7.2), M. Mane 12.1(), F. Firmino (9.4)
Vs Crystal Palace (A)
Salah and Robertson are out due to injuries and Salah’s absence could make Mane look more important to this season’s campaign. Chamberlain could step up too as he had some good game time and got a goal during the international break.

11. Manchester City
M. KDB (10.2), M. B. Silva (7.9), M. Sterling (12.0), F. Aguero (11.9)
Vs Chelsea (H)
Like I said earlier that Manchester City will be seeking redemption and all KDB, Silva AND Aguero were excellent during the international break while Sterlings minutes were affected due to his spat with Joe Gomez, there’s no doubt about his quality.

12. Manchester United
M. James (6.2), M. Martial (7.8), F. Rashford (8.6)
Vs Sheffield United (A)
Scott Mctominay and Paul Pogba will be out for a while. This doesn’t sound good for Ole as Mctominay and Fred were developing a solid partnership over the last few games. Upfront Martial has been excellent with his link-up play and Dan James and Rashford have been putting on some strong performances.

13. Newcastle United
Vs Aston Villa (A)
-

14. Norwich City
F. Pukki (6.7)
Vs Everton (A)
Pukki played a role in Iceland’s qualification for the Euros Playoffs and could be a possible hint to the #PukkiPartyRevival

15. Sheffield United
Vs Manchester United (H)
-

16. Southampton
F. Ings (6.0)
Vs Arsenal (A)
Ing’s somehow just manages to find the net and Southampton face Arsenal who’re gonna Arsenal…. At least according to the Gunners fan base.

17. Tottenham Hotspurs
M. Alli (8.4), M. Son (9.6), F. Kane (10.8)
Vs West Ham United (A)
It’s a bit hard to pick a Spurs player at the moment as Jose stated that he’s going to play attacking football while we all already know that the man loves playing defensive football and we also wouldn’t be surprised to see Son playing at left back. All in all this could be a fresh start for the Spurs camp and a possible climb for top 4 which should be the clubs objective after a miserable start.

18. Watford
F. Deulofeu (6.1)
Vs Burnley (H)
Gerard Deulofeu earned a goal and an assist as the Spaniard starred in the Hornets first victory of the season. I’ve always liked his footballing qualities and I believe he could help pull the club out of relegation.

19. West Ham United
Vs Spurs (H)
-

20. Wolverhampton Wanderers
M. Jota (6.1), F. Jimenez (7.4)
Vs Bournemouth (A)
Jota looked great in the few minutes that he played for Portugal in the Euro Qualifiers while Jimenez has scored for Wolves in their last 3 games in all competitions but all FPL managers need to be vary of the Champions League and Europa League games that are looming next week.