Gameweek 28

Gameweek 28 is going to be an acid test for every manager. 4 teams will not feature this week, Arsenal, Manchester City, Aston Villa and Sheffield United. We’ll be seeing a lot of key players missing out in Dean Henderson, Grealish, Mahrez, Silva, KDB and Aguero. The Champions League and Europa League games will also have an impact in managers picking their line-ups with also the FA Cup to keep in mind that takes place next mid-week. Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool lost their first legs as Manchester City surprised Real Madrid with a 1-2 victory. Manchester United hammered Brugge by 5 goals while Wolves too made it to the Round of 16. An underperforming Arsenal lost on away goals to Olympiakos putting the club in a bad light. With that said, let’s take a look at the Player’s to Watch for GW28!

1. AFC Bournemouth
M. Wilson (5.8), F. Wilson (7.4), F. King (6.1)
Vs Chelsea (H)
The cherries have lost their last 2 games and face 4th placed Chelsea in match day 28. Callum Wilson, though nowhere near the form he endured last season has shown a bit of improvement scoring 2 in his last 4 games. Both Harry Wilson and Joshua King’s goals were denied against Burnley where they lost 3-0. They still remain Eddie Howe’s best performers and will be obvious threats to Chelsea’s leaky defence.

2. Arsenal
Vs Manchester City (A)
TBC

3. Aston Villa
Vs Sheffield United (H)
TBC

4. Brighton And Hove Albion
F. Maupay (5.8)
Vs Crystal Palace (H)
26 8g 2a Neal Maupay will once again be Brighton’s main man as the Seagulls go head to head against the Eagles. The French forward has scored 8 goals and 2 assists with equaliser against Sheffield being his 8th goal of the campaign and a much needed point for Leicester. Brighton also play at home which is where most of Maupay’s has scored the most at. Brighton then go on to play Wolves, Arsenal, Leicester and Manchester United making Maupay a short term fix and could probably be a good one given that 4 teams don’t play this weekend.

5. Burnley
GK. Pope (4.8), D. Tarkowski (5.1), M. McNeil (6.0), F. Rodriguez (5.7)
Vs Newcastle United (A)
I’ve already said this several time, Burnley have been resilient at the back and I’m sure other scouts will be backing Nick Pope and James Tarkowski to once again keep clean sheets. The Clarets are unbeaten in their last 5 games in the Premier League only dropping points to Arsenal which was a 0-0 draw. McNeil found himself on the scoresheet as Burnley beat Bournemouth 3-0. Rodriguez scored from the spot marking his 5th goal of the campaign.

6. Chelsea
D. Alonso (6.0), M. Mount (6.1), F. Giroud (6.5)
Vs Bournemouth (A)
Chelsea took a beating against Bayern Munich as they lost 3-0 in the first leg. Frank Lampard’s men outclassed Jose Mourinho’s Spurs where the Blues beat them 2-1. Alonso and Giroud were on target as they helped bag all 3 points. Bournemouth have played some poor football this season and I don’t think Frank Lampard will want to take the game lightly due to several key players being doubtful. Giroud should once again start as Abraham didn’t really look good in the few minutes that he played against Bayern. Alonso will have piqued interest after scoring against Spurs and could turn out to be a decent differential. Mason Mount has also been showing signs of the form that he begin the season with and could play a key role in destabilizing Bournemouth left side

7. Crystal Palace
M. Zaha (6.8)
Vs Brighton (A)
Zaha has been enduring a frustrating campaign and I understand that he wants to move away. The Ivorian’s performances have dwindled this season after not getting his request with Chelsea and Arsenal circling for his signature. Arsenal went on to sign Nicolas Pepe while Chelsea have signed Hakim Ziyech on a pre-transfer which puts Zaha in a bit of a spot. The former ManUtd winger will have to step up his game now to attract any potential suitors.

8. Everton
M. Richiarlison (8.3), F. Calvert-Lewin (6.3)
Vs Manchester United (H)
10g 3a 25, 12g 1a 25 Richiarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin were once again on the score sheet for Everton which the Toffees unfortunately lost to Arsenal, 3-2. The duo have scored a combined 22 goals (Richiarlison 10, Calvert-Lewin 12) and sit 10th on the table. ManUtd have kept 3 clean sheets in all competitions in their last 3 games and I believe there will be a fantastic battle between Richiarlison x Calvert-Lewin and Maguire x Wan-Bissaka.

9. Leicester City
GK. Schmeichel (5.3), D. Pereira (6.3), M. Perez (6.2), M. Barnes (6.0), F. Vardy (9.7)
Vs Norwich (A)
Leicester City dropped points for the 4th game on the trot as they lost 1-0 to Manchester City. Brendan Rodgers will look forward to turning the clubs fortunes with the away fixture to Norwich City at Carrow Lane. From a goal-scoring spree to a blanking spree has seen managers lose faith in Jamie Vardy but they might have to look at him again as the Foxes face relegation-side Norwich. Perez and Barnes are in fine form while Schmeicel and Pereira could bag big points too.

10. Liverpool
GK. Allison (6.2), D. Alexnader-Arnold (7.7), M. Mane (12.4), M. Salah (12.8), F. Firmino (9.7)
Vs Watford (A)
I think every expects Liverpool to demolish Watford in this one. Do not be surprised if players get rotated as Liverpool face Chelsea in the FA Cup and will also be vary of the return leg at Anfield against Ateltico Madrid.

11. Manchester City
Vs Arsenal (H)
TBC

12. Manchester United
M. Fernandes (8.2), F. Ighalo (6.5), F. Greenwood (4.3)
Vs Everton (A)
Manchester United cruised with a 5-0 victory over Brugge which see’s them walk into the Round of 16 of the Europa League. Bruno Fernandes scored another penalty which means the Portuguese could be taking penalty duties from now on while Ighalo scored in his first start for the Red Devils. ManUtd will be without Anthony Martial as he sustained a thigh injury in training which could see Ighalo start once again against the Merseyside outfit. Mason Greenwood is having a great season as the 18 year old scored his 10th goal of the season in all competitions against Watford.

13. Newcastle United
M. Saint-Maximin (5.4)
Vs Burnley (H)
Saint-Maximin has the ability to surprise the opposition with his flair and tricks but going up against Burnley will be difficult. The Magpies have won only one of their last five games in the Premier League, a 1-0 victory over Chelsea on the 18th of January. 

14. Norwich City
Vs Leicester (H)
-

15. Sheffield United
Vs Aston Villa (A)
TBC

16. Southampton
F. Ings (7.1)
Vs West Ham United (A)
The English forward has 15 goals to his tally this season and is close to Aubameyang and Vardy who sit at the top of the goal-scoring charts with 17 goals. West Ham have been very inconsistent this season and haven’t met their expectations. Ings has a good run of fixtures as Southampton play

17. Tottenham Hotspur
M. Bergwijn (7.5), M. Alli (8.4), M. Moura (7.1)
Vs Wolves (H)
This game could see either Spurs or Wolves create a small gap amongst themselves as Spurs (6th) and Wolves (8th) are separated by a point. Spurs will have torely on Bergwijn, Alli and Moura to get anything from this match as Wolves will definitely give them a tough time like they against any of the ‘Top 6’. Bergwijn is the best option among the three while Moura could be the one to knick in a goal as he’s playing as a center forward.

18. Watford
Vs Liverpool (H)
-

19. West Ham United
M. Snodgrass (5.2), M. Fornals (6.0)
Vs Southampton (H)
Robert Snodgrass and Pablo Fornals could be your GW28 differentials that is if West Ham put in a performance. Snodgrass has been involved in 10 goal contributions and will crucial to David Moyes’ side.

20. Wolverhampton Wanderers
M. Traore (5.9), F. Jota (6.2), F. Jimenez (7.9)
Vs Tottenham Hotspur (A)
I was happy that my prediction about Jota scoring came right last week and I don’t think that any of the FPL scouts spoke about him. Traore scored a goal against Espanyol in the Europa and could cause problems for Spurs fullbacks. Jimenez has already been a class signing for many mangers this season and will be tipped to performed against Jose Mourinho’s frail team.