Gameweek 38

The season comes to an end tonight and what a year it has been. It’ll surely be a memorable one, not for Liverpool winning the league but because of the Pandemic. GW38 will be an exciting one, it always is since players a lot can happen on the final day of the season. This GW is not only about the sharpness or how fit or the form of player but also involves a lot of emotions and players will be out to prove a point, or go out on a high. The two most important factors of GW38 will the Champions League qualify fight which involves Manchester United, Chelsea and Leicester City and the battle for relegation that includes Aston Villa, Watford and Bournemouth. So let’s take a look at the One’s to Watch for Gameweek 38!

1. AFC Bournemouth
F. Wilson (6.7)
Vs Everton (A)
With 2 assists in his last 3 games, a lot will be expected from the English forward to try and pull The Cherries out of the relegation zone. But that will depend on negative results from Watford and Aston Villa.

2. Arsenal
GK. Martinez (4.4), M. Saka (4.7), F. Aubameyang (10.9), Lacazette (9.2)
Vs Watford (H)
The Gunners could have their worst finish in many years if Burnley win tonight. Like Bournemouth, Arsenal too face a relegation side in Watford. I don’t think it will be an easy game but Arsenal have better resources or players and should be able to ease past The Hornets. Auba, Laca, Saka have been in decent form but only Lacazette has 2 goals and as assist in his last 3 games so you know why I’m worried that it could be a difficult game. Watford have conceded 18 goals in their last 9 games. Their last clean sheet was in their heroic 3-0 victory against Liverpool.

3. Aston Villa
M. Grealish (5.9), M. Trezeguet (5.2)
Vs West Ham (A)
My gut tells me that Aston Villa are going to win this game but mind wants to see the opposite. Mahmoud Ahmed Ibrahim Hassan aka Trezeguet has 3 goals in his last 2 games and scored the only goal in Villa’s 1-0 win over Arsenal. Jack Grealish is a player that has been giving his all and I’d expect the same from the Villa captain against West Ham to ensure his team remains in the Premier League.

4. Brighton and Hove Albion
F. Maupay (5.7)
Vs Burnley (A)
The Frenchman scored the Seagulls last away game where they drew to an in-form Southampton.

5. Burnley
GK. Pope (5.2), D. Tarkowski (5.5), F. Wood (6.2)
Vs Brighton (H)
Sean Dyche’s men have kept only 2 clean sheets in their last 5 games but the entire team is keen on trying to get Nick Pope win the Golden Glove. New Zealand forward, Chris Wood has scored in his last two games taking his tally to 13 goals for the season, his highest in the top flight division. Brighton are usually a tough nut to crack but they’ve conceded 9 goals in their last 5 games.

6. Chelsea
M. Willian (7.3), M. Pulisic (7.4), F. Giroud (6.7)
Vs Wolves (H)
The Chelsea trio have been in fantastic form and Lampard will want to sign of this season with a win. There are various outcomes in which Chelsea qualify and don’t qualify for the CL next season so Lampard will surely go all out against Wolves. Pulisic came on as a sub vs Liverpool and set the stage on fire with a goal and an assist. The American has blanked only once in his last 8 games. Willian is another good option but I’d go for Pulisic as they have a similar price. Olivier Giroud with 4 goals in his last 5 games could be a differential for GW38.

7. Crystal Palace
F. Ayew (5.1)
Vs Spurs (H)
The Ghanaian is guaranteed to start as both Benteke and Wickham are out. He has 9 goals this season and can be threat in big games. Mourinho is yet to find his best defensive shape so I wouldn’t be surprised to see this man on the scoresheet tonight.

8. Everton
D. Digne (5.9), M. Richarlison (8.2), F. Calvert-Lewin (6.1)
Vs Bournemouth (H)
Richarlison could be an exciting pick for GW38. The Brazilian has 13 goals and 3 assists in the PL this season. Digne, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin could provide attacking returns against relegation threatened Bournemouth and probably keep a clean sheet too.

9. Leicester City
F. Vardy (9.7)
Vs Manchester United (H)
The current league top scorer has 23 goals this season and has scored and assisted once in his last 3 games. The Foxes will give it their EVERYTHING as they miss out on many key players and sometimes a wounded animal is more dangerous. United have not exactly been the best team when shit goes to down to the wire in terms of performances. Another reason to opt for the English forward is the number of errors United defenders tend to make.

10. Liverpool
GK. Allison (6.2), D. Alexander-Arnold (7.7), M. Mane (12.1), M. Salah (12.5)
Vs Newcastle United (A)
I’ve got a hunch that we could see some squad rotation here but Allison should start. The Reds smashed Chelsea 5-3 and Trent scored as well as assisted in that game. Salah or Mane could be captain picks for GW38 as the Magpies have conceded 11 times in their last 5 games.

11. Manchester City
GK. Ederson (6.1), D. Laporte (6.3), M. Sterling (12.0), M. D. Silva (7.5), M. KDB (10.6), M. Mahrez (8.6), M. Foden (5.5), F. Jesus (9.9)
Vs Norwich City (H)
Another team that could be hit by rotation but I feel Ederson and David Silva should start. Ederson because he could win the Golden Glove if he starts and City keep clean sheet tonight. David Silva because tonight is the Spaniards last game in City colors. The rest of the lot just pick anyone and pray Pep starts them as Norwich have been one of the poorest teams based on performance in recent games. ManCity have also score 4 goals or above in 3 of their last 5 games.

12. Manchester United
M. Fernandes (9.0), M. Martial (8.5), F. Rashford (8.9), F. Greenwood (4.8)
Vs Leicester City (A)
United have an advantage going into the game as Leicester have several high profile injuries. The Foxes lost 3-0 to spurs in their last game and both teams will be aiming for a victory to seal a CL spot. A draw even helps United but again, they’re not good at playing keep ball. The above four are obviously the best options as they’ve some of the most consistent players since the league resumed.

13. Newcastle United
Vs Liverpool (H)
-

14. Norwich City
Vs Manchester City (A)
-

15. Sheffield United
Gk. Henderson (5.2)
Vs Southampton (A)
The Blades have lost 3 games on the trot and haven’t scored a single goal in either of them. Dean Henderson has been excellent his season making great saves and if you’re feeling adventurous you could go for him instead of Nick Pope for the same price.

16. Southampton
F. Ings (7.6)
Vs Sheffield United (H)
Danny Ings who just got robbed off the Balon D’Or this season could be better alternative to Rashford. Ings has scored 21 goals this season has scored 6 goals and 1 assist in his last 8 games for the Saints. Sheffield United are enduring a poor spell and the English forward could capitalize on their dreadful performances tonight.

17. Tottenham Hotspur
D. Aurier (5.1), M. Son (9.7), F. Kane (11.0)
Vs Crystal Palace (A)
Spurs have been in good form winning their last 3 games which includes victories against Arsenal and Leicester City. South Korean midfielder, Son has 2 goals and assists in his last 3 games while star forward and captain Harry Kane has 4 goals in his last two games. Kane could be a fantastic captain choice for GW38 not only because of his form but also Palace missing out on key defenders due to injuries.

18. Watford
M. Sarr (5.9), F. Deeney (6.2)
Vs Arsenal (A)
I’m expecting the Hornets to go down fighting and will pick these two players as the biggest threat to the Gunners. Captain, Troy Deeney has 3 goals in his last 3 games while Sarr only has an assist in the same number of games.

19. West Ham United
M. Antonio (7.1), M. Noble (4.9)
Vs Aston Villa (H)
The Hammers are safe and have claimed 7 out of a possible 9 points in their last 3 games. Michail Antonio is in red hot form but if West Ham do get a penalty this GW I’m not sure whether he’ll be taking it this time or it’ll go to Mark Noble. The Hammers have scored 8 goals in those 3 games with Antonio scoring 6 of them!

20. Wolverhampton Wanderers
D. Jonny (5.5), D. Doherty (6.5), F. Jimenez (8.0)
Vs Chelsea (A)
A victory would see Wolves remain at 6th but if they drop points and Spurs win they could finish 7th. Wolves have always performed well against the big 6 but haven’t looked quite convincing in their recent performances. Jonny and Doherty make exciting options and the fullbacks could have a good time against a Chelsea side that conceded 5 goals vs Liverpool. Raul Jimenez has scored in 2 of his last 3 games and provided an assist against Palace.