Gameweek 20

Liverpool have virtually sealed the title even though mathematically it’s still possible for clubs to overtake them but the chances of that happening are very slim. Gameweek 20 rolls on with only a few hours gap, 10 men Manchester City lost 3-2 to Wolves despite having a 2-0 lead. Arsenal will play Chelsea in what should be the most glamorous fixture of GW20. Personally I feel GW20 could be a bit tricky as rotation will have to be kept into check.

1. AFC Bournemouth
F. King (6.1)
Vs Brighton (A)
The Cherries drew to Arsenal last week and have won only once in their last 10 outings in the PL. Most importantly, Joshua King is back and he even featured in the game against Arsenal. Callum Wilson has been a bit of a disappointment in recent times and King is a more appealing option and comparatively cheaper.

2. Arsenal
M. Ozil (7.2), F. Aubameyang (10.8)
Vs Chelsea (H)
Arsenal sustained a 1-1 draw thanks to a PE Aubameyang equaliser in the 63rd minute. Arteta faces Frank Lampards Chelsea who like ManUtd have played well against Top 6 oppositions. I have no idea what is it with Pepe that the clubs most expensive signing features more on the bench than the starting eleven. We’re also seeing Bukayo Saka playing at LB, Arsenal seem to be going another transitional phase but this time there are positive signs. Ozil was good against Bournemouth and could continue and maybe even have one of his passes converted against Chelsea who are not so good at the back. 

3. Aston Villa
M. Grealish (6.4)
Vs Watford (A)
Jack Grealish pocketed another assist in GW19 against Norwich which saw the Villa captain total contributions go to 10 for the season. Watford have earned 4 points in their last 2 games since Nigel Pearson took charge. The Hornets will do whatever they have to, to pull themselves out of the relegation zone which means this fixture won’t be easy.

4. Brighton and Hove Albion
F. Maupay (5.8)
Vs Bournemouth (H)
The AmEx Stadium acts as a breeding ground for Neal Maupay with 4 of his 7 goals coming at home this season. Without Ake, Bournemouth have looked vulnerable at the back which only makes it more tempting to have the Argentine forward.

5. Burnley
M. McNeil (6.0), F. Wood (6.2)
Vs Manchester United (H)
I just hate it when United face oppositions that have ex-United players, be it the youth set-up or the senior team, they always come to haunt the Red Devils. 20 year old McNeil has been doing well on that left flank and the way United keep conceding goals and are threatened whenever they press high, it’ll be a great opportunity for McNeil and Wood to provide attacking returns.

6. Chelsea
M. Willian (7.1), M. Pulisic (7.1), F. Abraham (7.8)
Vs Arsenal (A)
I don’t understand why Pulisic started neither of the Blues last two games. I get that every team is playing 2 matches in 3 days but why do you give someone of Pulisics calibre only a few minutes out of the 180 available. I’m expecting the American to start against Arsenal and along with Willian the wingers will trouble Sokratis and Mustafi. Abraham has 11 goals in 18 games and could get on the scoresheet once again which could be a potential heated London Derby.   

7. Crystal Palace
M. Zaha (6.9)
Vs Southampton (A)
I was surprised that Southampton kept a clean sheet last week but I believe Chelsea weren’t good enough to breach them in match week 19. Zaha has max to max another 3 good fixtures where the Ivorian can deliver with Arsenal being the third opponent who they face on the 11th of next year. I’d only have due the easy fixtures that they have, other than that he has been very inconsistent.

8. Everton
M. Richiarlison (8.0), F. Calvert-Lewin (5.7)
Vs Newcastle United (A)
Everton scored in the late stages of their match against Burnley to secure all three points in Ancelotti’s first game in charge. Calvert-Lewin already has 6 goals this season and I’d put him under the ‘Differentials’ bracket. Richiarlison is good with his feet and has even scored a couple of headers this season. His versatility could be of utmost importance as they face Dubravka in goal.

9. Leicester City
M. Maddison (7.7), F. Vardy (10.1)
Vs West Ham United (A)
Leicester may have lost 4-0 to Liverpool but they have been a solid outfit this season. Vardy has a good goal scoring record against the Hammers while Maddison will also be looking to make a point as Grealish seems to be a better pick at the moment.

10. Liverpool
M. Mane (12.2), M. Salah (12.2), F. Firmino (9.2)
Vs Wolves (H)
Wolves looked vulnerable even though they played a large chunk of the game against a ten men City. Many owners will look forward to captaining Salah while Firmino could also be a good option as the Brazilian is enduring a good form.

11. Manchester City
M. De Bruyne (10.5), M. Sterling (11.8), F. Aguero (11.7)
Vs Sheffield United (H)
Peps worries have increased as he’ll miss Ederson due to a red card that he picked against Wolves. Sheffield will be another tough game for the ManCity boss but I feel the ‘Pep Roulette’ want quite be into effect in this game due the amount of injuries that have been piling up. Aguero is back and could possible start as the Argentine had to be subbed off after only 13 minutes vs Wolves due to Edersons red card. Sterling and KDB should start too, only I’m uncertain about Mahrez. Sterling managed to score twice against Wolves. He missed twice in a penalty that had to be retaken which he eventually scored on a rebound and as for Kevin de Bruyne…. He’s an UNTOUCHABLE.

12. Manchester United
D. AWB (5.3), M. Martial (7.8), M. Pogba (8.4), F. Greenwood (4.3), F. Rashford (9.1)
Vs Burnley (A)
ManUtd beat Newcastle 4-1 in game in which the Magpies took the lead but then switched off, set back and took pressure. Manutd’s forwards thrive in these kind of conditions but have a slight difficult task against Burnley who have Mee and Tarwkowski, two solid center-backs. Greenwood is the most natural finisher that club have got while Wan-Bisakka’s work rate has improved. The biggest plus could be the availability of Pogba but at the same McTominay is likely to miss the clash, someone who has been backbone of the team this season.

13. Newcastle United
Vs Everton (A)
-

14. Norwich City
M. Beundia (6.0), M. Cantwell (4.8), F. Pukki (6.6)
Vs Spurs (H)
Spurs still have a lot of work to do at the back and when they come up against these three players at the Carrow Road, Mourinho’s men are going to be irksome.

15. Sheffield United
Vs Manchester City (A)
-

16. Southampton
F. Ings (6.6)
Vs Crystal Palace (H)
Danny Ings came on in the second half vs Chelsea a game in which the Saints won 2-0. Ralph Hasenhuttl’s gamble paid off to bench Ings and save him for the Palace game. Ings should start against Palace, who has 11 goals and an assist this season.

17. Tottenham Hotspur
D. Aurier (5.1), M. Alli (8.9), F. Kane (11.0)
Vs Norwich (A)
The Canaries have conceded 22 times at home this season. Alli’s form has resurrected since Mourinho took charge while Aurier has been doing bits in recent matches. The skipper, Harry Kane will also be one to watch and is a goal behind fellow countryman Danny Ings with 10 Goals and 2 assists.

18. Watford
Vs Aston Villa (H)
-

19. West Ham United
Vs Leicester City (H)
-

20. Wolverhampton Wanderers
F. Jimenez (7.5)
Vs Liverpool (A)
I expect Liverpool to win this match but the Reds will have to be vary about their oppositions Mexican forward who has 6 goals and 6 assists in his last 12 games.