Gameweek 27

Gameweek 26 felt like a bit of a morale boosting to me but I won’t get carried away. Each gameweek can roll be like the stock market and can be unpredictable. I got a bit bored with the GW as it was stretched over a period over 12 days. Manchester United beat Chelsea 2-0 which was the supposed to be the highlight match of GW26 while Arsenal switched gears in the second half of their game against Newcastle, winning 4-0. GW27 see’s Chelsea playing Spurs and Manchester City play Leicester, two games which could see 2 or all 4 teams drop points making the race for the top 4 even thinner. The news that surely grabbed everyone’s eyeballs will be ManCity getting suspended by UEFA for 2 years in the Champions League. Anyway, let’s take a look the ‘One’s to Watch’ for GameWeek 27!

1. Bournemouth
M. Wilson (5.8), F. Wilson (7.4)
The Cherries have won 2 of their last 3 games seem to playing a bit better. Callum Wilson has scored twice in his last 3 games while Harry Wilson found the net on one occasion. Bournemouth could find it difficult to break Burnley as they can be resilient at the back. I can already see Harry Wilson taking at least a couple of shots from outside the box but Callum Wilson will have to out in more effort and muscle his way through Tarkowski and Mee. Also, keep in mind that Bournemouth play Chelsea and Liverpool after the Burnley game and hence won’t produce the best long term options.

2. Arsenal
M. Pepe (9.1), F. Aubameyang (10.9), F. Lacazette (9.3)
Vs Everton (H)
I watched the first 15 minutes of Arsenal’s game vs Newcastle and immediately switched to Netflix. I couldn’t understand what was happening on the pitch, it just looked terrible and then rolls on the second half…. BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! 4-0. Auba, Laca, Pepe and Ozil were on target. Unbelievable. Lacazette also scored the only a goal in Arsenal’s victory over Olympiakos in the Europa League. The Gunners are showing clear signs of improvement under Arteta, keeping clean sheets in their last 3 games in all competitions. The game against Everton won’t be easy but I believe the Gunners have the momentum.

3. Aston Villa
M. Grealish (6.7)
Vs Southampton (A)
I’d be disappointed if Grealish doesn’t get picked for the Euros by England, he has been just phenomenal. Great work rate, has a free role for Aston Villa, takes good set pieces and has a great shot. The Villa captain is a threat against any opposition and will give Southampton defenders a lot of running to do.

4. Brighton and Hove Albion
Vs Sheffield United (A)
-

5. Burnley
Vs Bournemouth (H)
-

6. Chelsea
M. Mount (6.1), M. Willian (7.0), F. Abraham (7.6)
Vs Spurs (H)
Chelsea find themselves in a difficult spot with some of their important players either injured or doubtful and also having the pressure of maintaining that 4th place (I know city are suspended but also take a look at the table and just see how close the other teams are) and also playing Bayern in the CL next week.  Abraham is doubtful for the Spurs game while Kante is ruled out. Willian could be the Blues most potent threat if Abraham doesn’t start while Mason Mount could be an alternative having bagged 2 assists in his last two games, both coming in the game against Leicester City.

7. Crystal Palace
M. Zaha (6.8)
Vs Newcastle United (H)
Newcastle have been playing some decent football this year but they succumbed to a 4-0 defeat to Arsenal. The Magpies defence is often shaky away from home which Wilfred Zaha could take advantage of that is, if he’s in the mood.

8. Everton
M. Richiarlison (8.2), F. Calvert-Lewin (6.2)
Vs Arsenal (A)
Carlo Ancelotti has made an impact at Everton as the blue half of Merseyside have been unbeaten in their last 5 games. Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s rise in recent weeks as the young English forward has netted 11 goals in 21 games. Another young player keeping up to his potential is the Brazilian, Richiarlison who has 9 goals and 3 assists in 24 games. Both Richiarlison and Calvert-Lewin were on target vs Palace and will take their form with them against another London opposition, Arsenal.

9. Leicester City
M. Barnes (6.0), F. Vardy (9.7)
Vs Manchester City (H)
The Foxes have been enduring a sticky spell, winning only 1 of their last 5 matches. They face Manchester City who beat West Ham 2-0 mid week and are obviously a force to be reckoned with. The pace of Barnes and Vardy will be Leicester’s biggest asset in this fixture. Barnes has been in good while Vardy has seen a slump in his form.

10. Liverpool
GK. Allison (6.2), D. Alexander-Arnold (7.7), M. Mane (12.3), M. Salah (12.8), F. Firmino (9.7)
Vs West Ham United (H)
Many managers had sold Mane and felt disgruntled of the Senegalese winger scored against Norwich. Trent remains one of the favourite options of managers, very reliable and consistent.

11. Manchester City
M. De Bruyne (10.8), M. Bernardo Silva (7.8), M. Mahrez (8.5), F. Aguero (12.0)
Vs Leicester (A)
This will be an exciting match and I’m expecting City to once again beat Leicester. De Bruyne returned 14 points last week and is one of the must-have players for every team, Mahrez and Bernardo are likely to start due to the injuries to Sane and Sterling while Aguero still remains Peps main man going forward.

12. Manchester United
M. Fernandes (8.1), M. Martial (7.9)
Vs Watford (H)
Martial has scored for the Red Devils in his last 2 games in all competitions. Manchester United looked poor in their Europa League outing vs Brugge. Bruno Fernandes came on after 80 minutes and made in instant impact, taking 3 shots on goal, more than any other player for the Reds. With McTominay back in the squad, Bruno will have a more free role and could be vital against Watford.

13. Newcastle United
Vs Crystal Palace (A)
-

14. Norwich City
M. Buendia (6.0)
Vs Wolves (A)
The argentine is my favourite player from the Norwich team and has created the most chances for the canaries. He comes second in the league for most chances created behind Kevin de Bruyne. The Wolves game will be a tricky fixture but they’re also known for dropping points against weaker oppositions.

15. Sheffield United
GK. Henderson (5.1), F. Mousset (4.6)
Vs Brighton (H)
Dean Henderson has been one the Premier League’s stand-out players this season, making a huge jump from the Championship to the Premier League. He could also be the heir to David De Gea at Manchester United if he continues to play the way he does. Mousset clinched an assist in Sheffield’s last game against Bournemouth. The Blades have lost only once in their last five games and will surely go for the victory against Brighton and Bramall Lane.

16. Southampton
F. Ings (7.1)
Vs Aston Villa (H)
Danny Ings has scored 15 goals in 26 appearances for the Saints and will be one to watch against Villa. Ings also makes a good long term option as Southampton play Villa, West Ham, Newcastle and Norwich before they face Arsenal on the 22 of March.

17. Tottenham Hotspur
M. Alli (8.4), M. Moura (7.1), Bergwijn (7.5)
Vs Chelsea (A)
I wouldn’t be suggesting any Spurs players if Chelsea’s defence weren’t poor. Mourinho has to face some problems of his own as Son has been ruled out due to an injury and will have to make most of whatever is available. Alli and Moura will be the clubs biggest threat but if the duo get nullified then it could be victory for Chelsea.

18. Watford
M. Sarr (6.2), F. Deeney (6.3)
Vs Manchester United (A)
Both Sarr and Deeney had a great time in their reverse fixture against Manchester United where they won. Deeney’s physicality could play a huge role if Lindelof starts along with Maguire at the back.

19. West Ham United
Vs Liverpool (A)
-

20. Wolverhampton Wanderers
M. Traore (5.8), F. Jota (6.1). F. Jimenez (7.8)
Vs Norwich (H)
Raul Jimenez has scored 20 goals in all competitions while also notching 6 assists. Another player who will be under the lens will be Adama Traore who had performed well at home games scoring 4 goals and grabbing 7 assists. Jota makes it to my ‘Differentials’ as the Portuguese scored a hattrick in a game in which Wolves demolished Espanyol 4-0 in the Europa League.