Gameweek 23

GW23 is almost here but I’m sure you cannot stop thinking about GW24 because Liverpool and West Ham play twice. My only advice is to be wise with your transfer activity as saving a transfer for GW24 could prove vital but then one can also make use of ‘The Chips’. Liverpool vs Manchester United will be the headline of GW23 as these fierce rivals locks horns against each other at Anfield.

1. AFC Bournemouth
Vs Norwich City (A)
-

2. Arsenal
M. Pepe (9.1), F. Lacazette (9.3)
Vs Sheffield United (H)
With Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang suspended, Lacazette could take the spotlight which Pepe could decide to steal if he’s in the mood. Martinelli may make an appearance too but I’d rather have Lacazette. The French forward seems to be the safest bet and can provide assists if not score goals.

3. Aston Villa
M. Grealish (6.5)
Vs Brighton (A)
Villa’s captain has been in the news for a while now having notched 5 goals and 6 assists this season. Aston Villa won’t have an easy time at the AmEx Stadium as it is quite known that opposition clubs struggle there. Jack Grealish has created 53 chances this season and is giving me a tough time in making a choice between Maddison and him.

4. Brighton and Hove Albion
F. Maupay (5.9)
Vs Aston Villa (H)
It’s a home a game and it’s Maupay. What more do you want me to say?

5. Burnley
Vs Leicester City (H)
-

6. Chelsea
M. Willian (7.2), F. Abraham (7.8)
Vs Newcastle United (A)
With Pulisic out I’m expecting Hudson-Odoi and Willian to be the focus and Abraham of course but it’ll mostly be Willian as he has been enduring a decent run of form. Hudson-Odoi should make most of these opportunities and has been dribbling a lot too. With 13 goals and 3 assists Abraham has already proved to some of us he can be a reliable player. Abraham will be looking to seal a spot either in the squad or the starting eleven for the Euros with Kane injured.

7. Crystal Palace
Vs Manchester City (A)
-

8. Everton
F. Calvert-Lewin (5.9)
Vs West Ham (A)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin continues to cement his spot in my ‘Differentials’. The young English forward has scored 8 times for the Toffees but I’m a bit worried about having him as Richiarlison and Sigurdsson who is their most creative player will be out.

9. Leicester City
M. Perez (6.1), F. Vardy (10.1)
Vs Burnley (A)
Ayoze Perez has 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 3 games for the Foxes while Jamie Vardy remains the current top scorer of the league with 17 goals. Vardy managed bag an assist in the game against Southampton. The Clarets have been on a four game losing streak and have seemed pretty dismal in their recent outings.

10. Liverpool
D. Alexander-Arnold (7.5), M. Mane (12.3), M. Salah (12.3), F. Firmino (9.3)
Vs Manchester United (H)
With no Pogba, McTominay and Rashford I think Liverpool will have a good time at Anfield. Manchester United may have not conceded a lot compared to previous seasons but they continue to be leaky at the back. Salah who was available for the clash at Old Trafford, will start tomorrow. All 4 of the above have the stats to prove their form and the Reds will do all they can to pick 3 points from against the only team they’ve failed to so against this season.

11. Manchester City
M. Mahrez (8.5), M. Sterling (11.8), M. De Bruyne (10.7), F. Aguero (11.8)/ Jesus (9.5)
Vs Crystal Palace (H)
Manchester City thrashed Aston Villa 6-1 last week with Aguero scoring a hattrick and becoming the highest scoring non-english player. Whoever starts, may it be Aguero or Jesus, both of them make fine forwards and are guaranteed to deliver just like their Belgian Wizards KDB. Raheem Sterling was rested last week and will surely start against Palace. Mahrez was on fire last week and I’ll be surprised but not really surprised if Pep dropped him.

12. Manchester United
M. Martial (7.9)
Vs Liverpool (A)
He’s probably Manchester United’s only hope going into this fixture… at Anfield.

13. Newcastle United
Vs Chelsea (H)
-

14. Norwich City
Vs Bournemouth (H)
-

15. Sheffield United
D. Lundstram (5.1), M. Fleck (4.9), F. McBurnie (5.7)
Vs Arsenal (A)
Arsenal have improved as a side but without Aubameyang they will missing some tooth. Lundstram and Fleck could pose a threat to Arsenal who will also be without Torreira. Fleck has been one the Blades most creative players this season. And as for McBurnie, this guy is kind of a big game player to me but is also more of hunch.

16. Southampton
F. Ings (6.8)
Vs Wolves (H)
Danny Ings has been one of the best players that I've had this season. The Saints forward has scored 14 goals and has notched up 2 assists this season. He deserved a call-up for the national team and with Kane out the chances of that happening are even higher. Wolves are not the best away from home and have picked up only 4 points in their last away game which consisted of a victory against Norwich.

17. Tottenham Hotspur
M. Son (9.8), M. Alli (8.6), M. Moura (7.1)
Vs Watford (A)
Tottenham recieved a massive set back with Harry Kane's injury. Watford have been on the bounce since the arrival of Nigel Pearson and the Hornets will look to sting Jose's men who consistently put up an awful defence. Son, Alli and Moura will be the one's to watch for Spurs as Mourinho will expect his goals to come from these three.

18. Watford
F. Deulofeu (6.1), F. Deeney (6.2) 
Vs Spurs (H)
Like I said above, Spurs have been awful at the back and Watford have begun to impress. I expect Watford to put more effort into this game to be honest compared to Spurs and Troy Deeney could be vital.

19. West Ham United
Vs Everton (H)
-

20. Wolverhampton Wanderers
F. Jimenez (7.5)
Vs Southampton (A)
Having endured a poor run in recent matches, Nuno will want to bounce back but the players will have to do more. Despite the club's recent woes Raul Jimenez has been outstanding having notched 17 goals in all competitions. Jimenez was a threat against ManUtd in the FA Cup replay and also fooled 3 of United's defenders in the box in one instance.