The Dorm

Leona Highrun Kobayashi

Class: 1-A

I got to the dorms late. Everyone else must have been in bed when I got back because it was silent. I had already unpacked this morning when they had been in core classes. The fifth floor was nothing special but I requested it for the high balcony.

The elevator opened and I paused, making sure I wasn't going to be ambushed before walking out and across the hall that smelled like new carpet into my room. The room had everything I needed before I got in, but I still changed things. I had painted the walls a deep wine red. Pictures of a dark stormy sea littered the walls. I set up shelves above the desk filled to the brim with books I had read a hundred times over.

The desk was nothing but a charging port, tangles of cords were hidden beneath, out of sight, the desk itself was covered in comm devices, old fashioned walkie-talkies, and some high-tech watches to watch my vitals and keep control of my quirk.

Bins of gear were under the bed, a rack of swords my father had given me hung above the bed, I had a small aloe plant and cactus on my black nightstand. My blanket was the softest one I had come across in three years, it was all black with wight leaves twisting through a veil of thorns. My small kitchenette was filled to the brim with food; meat, vegetables and a tub of ice cream. Small small luxuries I had learned not to take for granted.

The white transparent curtains blew in the breeze of my open balcony.

I had a simple rocking chair outside, accompanied by a table with a simple candle.

When I finally crawled into my new bed I grabbed the duck tape in my nightstand and tore a piece off sticking it over my mouth. Then I reached between the bed and wall until I grabbed the handcuffs firmly attached to the metal frame and put them on my wrist tightening it until it hurt. I might be overdramatic but these were in fact necessary.

I was excited to fight these chumps.