Trap

Leona Highrun Kobayashi

Class: 1-A

"Looks like most of them stuck to a plan," I muttered to myself looking at the oncoming hoard of Quirk Holders. "Most." I glanced to the three that weren't in a formation. One was flying to me at top speed explosions dotting the path behind him. The other was propelling themselves with an Ice path, winding through the other students with ease. And finally the last was jumping with extreme agility and power to the front of the formation. He yelled something and everyone yelled back before fiddling with something around their neck moving it to their ears. Earplugs probably.

My three biggest opponents gained faster than the rest.

Shoto Todoroki who knew exactly what I was capable of.

Katsuki Bakugou who was sure to rush into this with blind rage that fueled his damning attacks.

Finally, Izuku Midoria, for whom I hated with almost everything I had.

It would be hard to recognize everyone with their general training gear on, rather than their real gear. I wore the same red white and blue jumpsuit thing that they did. And my watch of course.

They were gaining rapidly so I took a moment to adjust the band on my watch.

Its been stubborn lately and today wasn't going to be any different. I sighed as I gave up and tightened it before flipping through the applications on it until the dial on the side popped out allowing me to turn it up a bit more.

Then I went to Spotify and turned on some good ol' hells bells. I frowned as it wouldn't play.

"HEY UGLY!" I'm assuming Bakugou yelled.

I waved a hand at him as I tried to press play again. My stats popped up with a notification that emotional levels weren't steady. Would yours be if your Spotify won't play? That made it worse.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see three shadows within mere feet of me. I sighed. I'll have to change the battery on this one or something.

I finally looked up. I was not disappointed. An explosion raced for me, ice clawed its way through the ground toward me, and a leg swung right for my head. It was obvious this wasn't coordinated because... I jumped up landing on the slow approaching leg of Midoriya. Then I jumped to the beautiful ice- imagine the sculptures he could make! And then I just hopped on the ground behind them. If it had been coordinated then Izuku's foot won't crash into Todoroki's ice, and the ice won't fly right to Bakugou almost entirely canceling out his deadly explosion.

However...

From the crashing, cracking, and booming I'd say that's what happened.

The three seemed to recover rather quickly, getting up and aiming their next attacks. I was between them and the rapidly advancing 17 other students.

Time to leave.

I bolted in the direction of the Yacht wreck.

Smoke filled my vision- loud tremors blasted through the ground almost buckling my knees. Can't see- can't hear. A trap was definitely coming my way. I needed to get out of here... but if I panic they will get me. Icy Hot and Blasty head over there obviously are not briefed on this so I shouldn't have to worry about them.... Midoriya, on the other hand, may become a problem.

They want to trap me? Let's see them try.

I skidded to a stop stepping a foot or two away and I dropped to the ground smiling. I waited. Not seconds passed before someone came into range. I shot my leg out tripping them. I could faintly see others running in the same direction. They were herding me. If I can't see and I can't hear then neither can they. They based this all-around what they thought I would do.

I quickly pinned the person down- Mina Ashido. Perfect.

I yanked her earplugs out, her body seizing as the powerful sound waves from Jiro no doubt snaked into her head, she struggled trying different maneuvers and techniques but they were cliche. Predictable.

I leaned down close, yelling over the tremors- "SWITCH!"

She thrashed as my mental claws grasped her head sinking into her thoughts, her mind so fragile and breakable. So easy to take.

I opened my eyes facing the ground. I got up quickly, my own body toppling off Minas.

Switch. It took me almost two years to perfect this. It takes more stamina then I have and the drain is practically more than my heart can handle. To slip into another's body and use it as my own.

My watch screamed at me from my body that lay crumpled on the floor as Minas conscious worked to compute with my limbs and quirk. Good luck.

I ran off again in the direction where the smoke was weakening. That where this lovely trap lay.

Acid quirk. This body has muscle memory, so I should be fine as long as it didn't notice I was here. When a body rejects you it can corrupt you and slowly take apart your sanity.

But jokes on it, I lost my sanity to a much more frightening fate.

Mina was hyper, impulsive, and frankly not very advanced. The likelihood of her realizing what happened was little to none. It was a risk but I wanted to see what they were capable of. Getting caught in their trap to know just what they had planned was suicide. So Mina could get caught. They can't see or hear so I should be fine. I ran into a clearing. Like a dome, smoke was a thick wall on every side.

The smoke was a product of Momo Yayarozu no doubt, many machines must lay behind the initial few feet of murkiness.

It was dark in this dome, the light snuffed out. Dark Shadow, quirk of Tokoyami, swooped down. I jumped away from him, my foot landing on a pop off of Minetas. Good. It was too dark for him to notice this was a comrade.

I ditched the shoe and kept dodging attacks from Dark Shadow. As I got to dead center Dark Shadow unleashed a roar that coul d be heard through the whole MSJ, behind me I faintly hear; "RELEASE!"

Uraraka. So an attack from above. Looking up a Web of tape fell for me, heavyweights dragging it down at ridiculous speed. I ran to get out of the way, only for my barefoot to step on another pop off-ball.

On the tape, it looked as if felt or a torn sheet was stuck to it.

As the tape hit me, "CONSTRICT" rang through the dome. The torn sheet tightened and locked into place like metal. Even wrapping around my mouth. Clever clever.

The smoke dissipated in an instant along with the thunderous sound waves. Emerging from it was the students of Class 1-A.

Their faces smug.

The wrapping might have been tight but I could still murmur.

Midoriya walked forward with a look of victory until- "Mina?"

"Switch."

==== ====

Hey guys- Heres you're Sunday update.

You're actually lucky I was able to get this out, I've been busy as heck, I'll probably end up posting another chapter this week or you'll get an extra one next Sunday, anyways guys, hope you're weekend is good, don't forget that one homework sheet at the bottom of your bag. I know I will... Rip math.