Agent Override

(Bit boring of a chapter, but a quirk like this is a tad challenging to explain

(Bit boring of a chapter, but a quirk like this is a tad challenging to explain.)

(Deku) IZUKU MIDORIYA

Class: 1-A

Quirk: ONE FOR ALL

"Deku are you still writing notes?"

I nodded eagerly. "I needed to write it down before I forgot."

Iida nodded.

"Dinners ready," Tsu said turning off the stove. "Y'know I haven't seen Kobayashi to tell her what time dinner would be served. Uraraka we should go ask her if she's hungry."

"Sounds good!" The girls walked away as I finished writing down the maneuvering Kobayashi used during her fight with Mr.Aizawa.

"Midoriya," Iida asked.

"Yeah?"

"What happened after we blacked out? How did you Todoroki and Bakugou lose to her?" Aizawa had apparently told the others to just forget about today and try harder next time, it was a rude enough awakening having our entire class lose to a single person, that no one especially wanted to have a discussion about it.

"Todoroki had gotten her to the mountain zone and boxed her in on a cliff. However, she ran from him and was able to get on the top of his ice walls.

"Wouldn't it have made more sense for her to take him down right there? She seems more than capable."

"My thoughts exactly."

"Perhaps she had a limit to her quirk."

"Maybe." I responded. "But I don't think so." Iida looked at me questioningly; "Well she seems to keep her composer and make smart decisions, however, I'm fairly certain she wouldn't have jumped off that mountain if she had kept a cool head."

"She did what?!"

"When Todoroki chased her he switched to fire, I think it startled her because she launched her self off that cliff with no backup plan. At first I thought she might be testing to see if either of us would save her but all of us were too far."

"Quite a gamble."

I nodded, "The other thing with that was she had to know none of us would be able to make it."

"Good thing you did." Iila said relieved.

"Well actually...."

"But then how is she alive? I saw her earlier with not as much as a scratch, she has an internal quirk, not external, breaking that fall would have broken her."

"Yeah. I suppose recovery girl helped her, but I have a theory her quirk can help her heal at a faster rate."

"That would be Incredible!" I nodded in agreement.

"When she jumped off the cliff she used some kind of maneuver until her back was flat against the mountain, it shredded her back and broke more than a few vital bones, but it significantly reduced her speed, when she hit the ground I could hear her spine snap but she didn't seem affected. When we got over to her I realized she wasn't down for the count, as soon as I told Todoroki and Bakugou she tackled us and yelled something. After that I was in a trance sort of state, it was like having a nightmare, derived from previous trauma. While certain things hurt, more so I hurt. My emotions were out of control like the small bit of physical pain was just an attachment to a momentous situation that I couldn't begin to comprehend. It was overwhelming and taxing."

Iida considered what I had said before responding. "This quirk of hers. It lends itself to multiple possibilities. None of which fit together. Do you think this is like the Nomu's? Bioengineered to have multiple quirks?"

"The thought alone is terrifying," I responded. "But no. All her quirks share something in common. Shes bypassing the mind. It would be an extremely powerful quirk, but it's a possibility that her quirk is to-"

"Override the mind." She interjected. Iida and I jumped in surprise, we turned around to see an entirely unscathed Leona Kobayashi. I was too dumbfounded to speak. "Agent Override." She continued.

"The quirk to manipulate the subconscious. You may think a burner is hot, and it could be burning off your hand, but I can deceive you into believing the burner is not hot. If you don't think so then you could keep your hand there without feeling the pain. I can convince you that nothing is more frightening than a book. Where you brain communicates facts that you then act on, I can convince you your brain is wrong. The more you react on instinct the harder it is to control you. The more you overthink and analyze its as simple as blinking to control you and every thought you've ever had. Even the ability to re-write your own reality temporarily."

"I can also minorly tamper with your brain's functions such as releasing adrenaline, speeding up the healing process, or even lend my own mind to you. Allowing my memories and even subconscious possibly to devour its way into your head. I can do the same Override technique to myself, allowing maximum opportunity on the battlefield."

When she had finished explaining her quirk it was dead silent. All conversations and eating had stopped to listen to her. A quirk like that would be deadly in any situation.

"So you can do mind Vudu." Kacchan barked.

"Put simply." Her phone buzzed and her back straightened. "Glad I could enlighten you. Now I must get going, I've got a dinner in Hosu to attend. Ladies the meal looks lovely, I apologize I can't eat it." She gave a quick bow of the head to us and rushed out the door, leaving us with more questions than answers given.