Hesitate

(Most of you had already read the first paragraph or so but I didn't want a tiny freaking chapter so I added on.)

Leona Highrun Kobayashi

Class: 1-A

My lungs practically exhaled frost, each of my hairs cracking as I turned my head. My back was numb- opening my eyes I was laying on a ground of ice. I peeled myself from the ground only for my legs to be frozen back down. I looked up.

I might have been surrounded by ice but his eyes were the coldest thing around.

"Who are you."

Every breath I wheezed sharp pains splintered inside of me. 

So. Much. Power.

So much brutal raw power to have at your own disposal.

What I would give for- No. 

I may deny it but my father was right about this sort of power.

About what it makes you.

"I already told you who I was." I rasped.

"Then what are you."

I smiled. I was just like him. That was my best secret. I'm nothing more than human. But people fear you when you tell them you're something else and have the skills to back it.

I opened my mouth a smug smile already pulling across my numb face but when it came to the words, to 'nothing like you' or 'take a guess' I stopped and glanced away from him.

Hesitated.

Do I really want them to fear me?

"Brave." I murmured.

"Brave?" He spat. What was this? A fight, a test. Yet that tone scolded me like a child. 

I narrowed my eyes. I had a job to do. But it wasn't to win this. No, not anymore. Now, it was about Midoriya.

"Pain. 70% Reduction." I didn't bother to whisper. 

He took a sharp breath in. Bracing himself. "What are you doing." 

I shot my head up looking him dead in his eyes. "Follow me and you might find out. I dare you."

I stood up. The ice broke, the first few layers of skin got torn off. It felt like a tap. 

Ice rushed for me but I was gone. He was close on my heels. 

He had trapped me, surrounding me was ice but he hadn't closed it. Left the top of a box open. 

Good. 

I spun on my heel and ran at him. He sent a wave of ice at me, jagged claws of a cruel beast. 

"Muscle override," I yelled. I jumped, my legs searing as I sent as much power into them as I could. But it worked. I was on top of his ice, and as it got farther from him it only grew in size. I ran along slipping and catching myself, jumping before my feet fall and I impaled myself. Finally, I was up high enough. 

I jumped to the wall that had held me captive, landing gracefully ontop of it absorbing the damage it must have had on my knees.

I was on the mountain, how he had gotten me there that quickly after intercepting Midoriyas perhaps killing blow?- No. He hadn't intercepted, the goal had not been to save me. It had only been to take me so he could interrogate me. Yeah.

Getting off the mountain wouldn't be a problem. 

But I wasn't the only one acting.

He was too.

I could feel it before it hit me. 

Fire.

I spun, a dry inhale catching in my throat.

No.

I hate Fire.

Before I knew what was happening I had jumped.