Eventually

Leona Highrun Kobayashi

Class: 1-A

Quirk: OVERRIDE

I stumbled into the dorm late at night- or early in the morning I wasn't clear on that detail- actually I was the opposite of clear. My head was spinning worse than my vision. I put my hand against the wall to steady myself.

"You're back late."

I laughed, interrupted by a hiccup.

"I hear you had an eventful night."

"Indeed." I slowly looked back, the shadows encasing my bloodied face "Things got a bit out of hand. We had a slight alterca- hic -tion. What's it to you Erasure Skull?"

"Mr.Aizawa to you on this campus. Address me as your teacher." I giggled.

"You know I don't -hic- belong here. I'm not a student. I'm an-"

"Prodigy. Whether you like it or not that's what you've been bred for. That's how you're wired."

"No, it's not." I said quietly. Denying the truth of my success.

"Yes, it is. Your father made you so you could take his place. That's how he trained you."

"And then he threw me away and found a new -hic- prodigy. I'm no longer his replacement."

"You were still raised that way. So now what are you?"

"An agent-"

"A real agent wouldn't have been sent away on a whim. Your success is owed to your blood. Unless you want to learn what it really takes to make a place for yourself in this world you need to leave that behind. Accept where you are and who surrounds you."

A real agent.

"I spent a whole lot of time being a -hic- nobody." I snarled. The sting of those memories devouring the fuzzy feeling I had drowned myself in.

"And you became somebody because of your blood. Not your actions." He paused and resumed with a softer tone. "Show your classmates what you know. Teach them your tricks, they have worked far harder to be here than you have, but you have far more experience- and have done much more for the sake of being alive." His face contorted, "And no more wine. You know that's strictly illegal."

I scoffed it was a celebration of my swift defeat. Yet his words sank in. He was right. But.

"If I'm going to be real then -hic- eventually. I want to use my real power."

He considered this for a moment. "It's not my call," I opened my mouth to interject but he held up a hand. "That being said... Eventually."

Eventually.