Change of heart

When Courtney left was when the tears came and I broke down how could he have a girlfriend he flirted with me and gave me his hoodie. His hoodie! I threw it off and left the bathroom I stomped down to the councilors office, "an I help you sweetheart you look sad" the obviously divorced single councilor said looking at me through old lady glasses even though he was like thirty. "I want to go home please" I say between sobs. "what's wrong" she says. I tell her my story she calls my older brother instead of my mom to come get me from school She told him I was In need of a hug and hung up. My brother was someone who worked a lot like my mom he was supposed to be in college but he took online classes so he could help out my mom. AJ wasn't really someone to get on the bad side of he was incredibly smart, he was good looking had a lot of friends. He was pretty buff and tall. On the inside even though he will never admit this he's a softie when my dad left us w took over as man off the house. He was scared at first but he don't show it. he came pulling up in his car and hoped out he was wearing a t shirt. "Kelli isn't there a jacket you could put on its freezing out here" I thought about going to get Matts jacket. It took a minute of pondering but I decided it was better than nothing so I scrambled back to the bathroom surprisingly it was still laying there on the floor waiting for some one to come pick it up. When I came back out in the hoodie AJ was suspicious but shook it off and let me in the car. We drove in silence except for the radio playing "American Dream" "why in the world would you be crying at school Kelli I thought we were over this" AJ broke the silence "I'm sorry I broke down it happens" I say strain to cry again "I know it happens Kelli and every-time you always end up hurt" he's talking about my last school where I got bullied and picked on everyday for the smallest things. I cut myself everyday for it too I had a real problem that's partly why we had to move and the scandal that happened at my moms work which she didn't like to talk about. I didn't answer I just sat there looking at my phone while AJ was going on and on about how I need to learn to make friends I got a text message it read "hey Kelli its Matt and I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry for what happened in the bathroom this morning I overheard Courtney talking about it in study hall and no matter what she said to you were not dating. She just thinks we are and she tells every girl we are I don't like her I hope you feel better and come Back to school PS. you can keep the jacket 💗"
It was so sweet an I was planning on keeping the jacket anyway it's good to hear that Matt isn't dating that she devil. If he was I don't know what I would do, I put Matt in my contacts as Matt💙 when I got home j went straight for my bed I had actually felt sick so it was goo to know I wouldn't have to drag my self through the halls today, my mom isn't going to be very happy that I was ditching my second day of school because I was feeling down about something that happened in the bathroom. I watched Netflix but I never found a show to binge watch well not one that I haven't already watched the entire thing when one of similar days happened to me. I grabbed the ice cream from my freezer AJ offered to stay with me but I told him to go back to work. I was alone I was bored out of my mind I decided to listen to music I felt very relaxed after that. My only fear is what can I do tomorrow I certainly won't be able to hide in the councilor's office until my brother comes and rescues me. I feel asleep so I didn't have to explain to my mom why I had to come home early. I woke up in a similar way as before I jumped into sweatpants because I was feeling lazy I put on a Hunter Hayes T shirt I walked down stairs and my mom immediately gave me a death look "oh your home?" I say quietly "yeah I asked for the morning off and may I say I'm not impressed" "I'm sorry mom but I can explain I didn't want to have to deal with her and".... she didn't let me finish "you really think I'm mad that you left school well I'm not but I am upset that your wearing sweats please go get real pants on you look like you just rolled out of bed". I rolled my eyes and put on some jeans I put my hair in a messy bun and did my usual makeup. I was walking out the door but first I grabbed Matts sweatshirt and was happy it still smelled like him. "you want a ride?" my mom called. "no thanks I'll walk" I yell and slam the door since the thin. Needs a little shove to close all the way. I walk when I hear that awesome voice again I don't even have to turn around I just say "hey Matt" and he replies "nice hoodie where in the world did you get it" he says sarcasm coating his tone. "Well I got it from this cool guy" I say and keep walking "why are you waking again" "well I told Luke I want to get some time alone". "oh well in that case" I walked faster. "hey I just said that because I didn't want him to know I was with you", "oh my dad" I blush. I felt this warm feeling embrace my hand and I knew immediately what it was he was holding my hand. The boy a few days ago I was drooling over in the parking lot is now holding my hand while I'm wearing his jacket. I hold it back and we make it to school on time no rain. I walk into class no stop to the bathroom. People definitely notice the sweatshirt including Luke he looks at me and shrugs and turns to flirt with Courtney. Why in the world would he be flirting with her!
Luke POV
Lord almighty alone time Matt yeah fuck that I you were with Kelli even though I told him j saw her first and I like her. But that's Matt the worst friend In the world I know he doesn't like Courtney but I flirted with her anyway it made me wanna hurl but I didn't luckily.
Matt POV
After class I felt a pull on my shirt and all of the sudden I'm being pulled to the janitors closet and Luke slams the door. "What the Fuck man"! I yell "really Matt alone time yeah right she's wearing your jacket, what happened to the bro code you Know the one we've never broke, The one that also say the guy who sees the girl first gets first dibs and I never said cheap for Kelli but no you just go be the ass that you are and take her anyway" I could tell he was pissed Luke rarely ever got made much less at me but now he was fucking pissed. "Look man I'm sorry I saw her yesterday in he rain cold and I felt bad so I have her my sweatshirt it's not my fault she kept it and wore it today that was her choice look I'm sorry but since we're talking about the bro code you love so much doesn't it say we will never et into s fight about a girl". I thought for sure Luke was going to punch me square in the jaw and I could tell he was thinking about it but her didn't. "this girl is messing with my thoughts" he says. "she's different normally I don't car when you take the girl I want I just get another one but this one I is different I want her Matt and its our law that I get dibs" he says. "dude I know but can we please just make this exception I really like her" I plead "seriously Matt you wouldn't know how to really like a girl you're the player it's what's your known for". "Maybe I don't want to be a player any more maybe I want to date Kelli"