Chapter 7

A/n: Edited as of Jan 31, 2021.

Izuku awoke from his daze with a jump, shooting straight up from your lap to look around. With him now fully awake, you slowly began to rise and pick up your things.

"A-A-ALL MIGHT!" Izuku screamed out in shock. A heavy blush in his face as he covered his mouth to stop any other unholy sounds to be released. Izuku sprung up snatching his note book off the ground, holding it out to All Might. "W-Will you sign my notebo-"

"I already made sure he did Izuku." You interrupted, holding out his yellow bag to take as well. From the way you held it he was able to see the signature on both straps as well. Tears of joy brimmed Izuku's eye and he then tackled you into a tight hug.

"Thank you Y/n-chan!" he cried, tears of joy coming from his eyes like a waterfall. A common occurrence for Izuku. With a smile you wrapped your arms around the green haired boy, a familiar feeling in your stomach along with your heart skipping a beat. But lucky for you, no one noticed. Not like Izuku ever would anyway.

During your time of knowing the kind quirkless boy, feelings were definitely caught. But you never mentioned or acted upon them. You knew it wouldn't matter anyway. He was too busy fan boying over your quirk rather than you. But that was ok. Or at least that's what you told yourself.

"Well seeing that you're all fine and well, I have to get this man to the police immediately. Stay out of trouble young ones!" Toshinori said as he coughed into his fist. A frown traveled across your face as you stepped forward knowingly.

"H-hey P- All Might. It's almost as if you don't have a limit that has been reached. Maybe I should-" you said softly, reaching your hands out in the process.

"I know right! All Might is amazing! I have so many questions!" Izuku gushed, bouncing around like a bunny.

"T-That's um.. Nice. You're really enthusiastic aren't you kid?" Toshinori said as he took a step back. A sigh escaped you as you clenched the bridge of your nose, a migraine rising due to the two males in front of you. But before you could even suggest healing him, Toshinori was in the sky and Izuku was there with him screaming.

"I don't get paid enough for this... wait I don't get paid at all."

---

Walking down the street you frowned at the way things turned out. In your possession was Izuku's things, including his phone, leaving you no way to contact your friend. You had no idea where he was, if he was ok, or even if your father shifted down in front of him from maxing out his time limit. So walking down the streets aimlessly in the direction they hopped off to was your best bet for now. The sun was going to set within the next 1 or 2 hours and you needed to be home in a bath by then.

The overuse of your quirks often left you disoriented and at risk of quirk malfunctions. The last time that happened was years ago but every second of it was scary and painful. It was as if your quirks were all fighting for control of your body --control of you-- and tearing you apart from the inside out.

So obviously you didn't want to lose control of your quirks again. It's ironically funny though, how to control your quirks you had to use one of them. Your siren quirk was mainly just a meditation method, it's like singing in the shower after a long day of work or school. Simple but refreshing. You didn't need to have any swim gear on you either since you can basically become a mermaid by choice. Your only concern was if your family kept watch of the area in the event of you being in a public body of water. You were a siren after all, the last thing you needed was to hurt someone during your dazed and vulnerable moment. But other than that it didn't matter much to you.

If you die, you die. It is what it is.

Classical music softly played through your ear buds as you walked through the crowded streets, staying calm was your main focus right now. Taking deep breaths you tried not to think about the large crowd around or anything else for that matter. Worrying about your father and Izuku would only make things worse. Bach's 'Sheep may safely graze' played into your ears, a calming yet uplifting song that helped you untense and relax your body. Just what you needed. More and more people began to surround you as rush hour hit its peak but you kept your face hidden behind your braids ignoring the stares you've grown accustomed to.

Where the hell are they? Why has your life come to this?

When a hand was placed on your shoulder you snapped out of your internal pity party to turn around with hesitation. Your blood ran cold as flashbacks from your kidnapping began to replay in your mind and with hesitation you met the gaze of the person who touched you. Sad green eyes met deadpan e/c eyes and you immediately calmed down. But his depressed demeanor caused you to worry.

'What the hell did Papa say to him?'

"Is everything alright Izuku?" You asked. "Did something happen that I should know about?"

What Toshinori told Izuku flashed into his head, about him firmly saying not to tell you or anyone else. It hurt that Izuku had to keep a secret from you, but it's not like you're innocent either. You keep secrets from him and even admitted it just half an hour ago. But he didn't believe you when you said it was to protect him. Izuku just thought it was an excuse, your way of saying that because he was quirkless he needed to be protected instead of trying to be protective. Izuku knew it was a huge stretch, but he had nothing else to go on. A fake reassuring smile traveled across his face, and he took his stuff from you. "It's nothing Y/n-Chan, please don't worry! I was just thinking."

Izuku began walking ahead of you before you could respond. You couldn't help but feel sad for the young boy because as walked he stared at the ground with each step. To keep up you broke out into a light jog and then stood next to him at a loss for words. You didn't know what happened so you didn't know how to soothe him. An idea popped into your head and bite your lips nervously. Touching people voluntarily was something you don't do often, never mind letting someone else touch you. Sure, you grabbed his hand during the Katsuki stuff, but that was to get away from danger.

Taking multiple deep breaths you braced yourself, if you couldn't cheer him up with words then maybe holding his hand will do the job.

With hesitation you reached out to grab his hand. But Izuku came to a stop in front of you glancing into a crowd of people with sad eyes. There were many heroes, most that he knew and they were trying to fight a sludge Villain, the same from before. Upon further inspection there was fire everywhere and explosions going off. The villain was way larger than before and it had someone in its grasp, the person was yelling and thrashing inside the Villain, their quirk most likely causing all of the damage. You stood next to Izuku watching it all unfold, but then he was gone, running through the crowd and pushing past people and heroes.

"I-IZUKU!"