Chapter 11

A/n: Comments keep me going. Warning: unedited

~··~··~··~··~··~

When Hitoshi’s stop came you waved goodbye to him, and despite his slightly flustered state he waved back and got off. You were now alone in an empty train cart aside from one other person. It was a man dressed in all black with a red scarf around his neck, covering the lower half of his face as well. The person looked like they were in a deep sleep, their arms were crossed and legs were spread out wide for comfort. You didn't spare them another glance, however. Two stops quickly pasted and next was yours, you didn't get to hang out nearly as much as you wished but that didn't make your time spent with Hitoshi any less valuable. Standing up, you held onto the pole near the entrance the train cart shook back and forth as it closer to your stop. 

Ring 

Ring

Ring

The familiar sound of your mothers ringtone caused you to briefly let go of the pole to grab your phone,  and you could see that it was 3:46 (15:46). Pressing answer you held the phone to your ear as you waited for him to respond. “Hello?”

“Y/n where are you?” came his tired voice as the train came to a stop. 

“I just got off the train. Whats wrong Kaa-chan? Am I supposed to be going to Dad’s house instead?” you answered as you stepped away from the tracks. You stood by the staircase to leave but you didn't head up yet, incase you were supposed to being to his house.

“No. Make sure to pick up some milk and cat food on your way home. We ran out.”  

“The milk isn't for the cats right? Cats are lactose intolerant Kaa-chan. Milk will make them extremely sick.” 

“No the milk isn't for the cats, I’m the one that taught you that anyway.” 

“Oh, I forgot. Ok. Milk and cat food. Anything else?” you asked as you started going up the stairs. You can hear Shouta’s humming, mostly thinking if anything else was needed as he looked in the fridge. 

“You can get ice cream if you want." 

"Are you serious? You can't take that back kaa- chan." 

"Don't make me change my mind. Get two. One for me and the other for you, you know which one I like." 

"Ok bye!" You rushed out quickly, hanging up before he could change his mind as you jogged up the stairs with gusto. The subway stairs were dirty from constant use and you didn't have to touch the railing to know it was cold either. Fall was starting to truly show as the temperature slowly began to drop, not enough for more layers but enough for the occasional sweater or longer use of school uniform jackets/blazers. With ice cream on your mind you continued to jog all the way to the convenient store that you frequented lately after school. Once you were there when you opened the door a familiar ding sounded through the store. Waving at the cashier you went straight for the cat food, the dry food at home still wasn't done so you most likely needed to buy wet food. There were a lot of choices to choose from but you knew Mushi and Tanji preferred chicken, beef and/or salmon that had gravy with it and was in shreds. Looking at your selection choices you decided on 2 of everything. 2 Chicken, 2 beef, and 2 salmon.

 Next was the ice cream. 

There were many different flavors and brands based on dietary restrictions some people may have, knowing full well that the ice cream won't last long, you decided on the lactose free ice cream, so you can eat as much as you want without having diarrhea after. And finally you grabbed the milk. Once you grabbed the things that you knew you needed, you walked over to the cashier and paid with your mother's credit card. 

Once everything was paid for you stuffed it all in your book bag and jogged out the door of the store. With your excitement over the ice cream you didn't realize the man following you a few feet away. But when you reached the familiar alley way you used as a shortcut, you did realize the presence. Turning around you could see a man on the other end of the alley red scarf drifting in the wind as he stood there. 

"Can I help you sir?" You asked with confusion, hands out of your pocket in case you needed to defend yourself. Giving him the once over, you noticed he was the same young man from the train ride. "Wait a damn minute.. Have you been following me this whole time? Are you a pervert?" 

"You're definitely her… the girl from the news." he said barely above a whisper. A groan escaped you, why did you always attract unwanted attention? 

"No.. I think you have the wrong person.. I'm just gonna.. go now.." You said as you took a few steps back, ready to break out into a sprint and then teleport home once you turn the corner. "Have a night-"

"You were right." 

"Excuse me?"

"They were fakes. They watched a child almost die and did nothing. And it's a good thing more people are beginning to notice it. You were brave, despite being underage, and saved the person they couldn't and even called them out on it. So I have an offer for you." 

"Onii-san, are you high?"

"Be my apprentice, and I'll teach you how to remove every piece of garbage within the hero society. I'll teach you how to become a real hero." once he was done with his speech he lowered his scarf so you could see his face fully. Your eyes began to widen in shock at the slightly familiar face in front of you. 

"Become my apprentice, and I'll teach you how to fight for others. I'll teach you how to become the rebirth, the renaissance, we need in Society." his voice held confidence, and you'd die before you'd verbally admit that you were intrigued. So instead you dropped the look of shock and stood up straight. Your eyes met his and you held the same level of confidence he did as you thought of your answer. 

"For a person who talks a lot about heroes, you should know that being high in public is crime punishable by fine."