Chapter 9

"I always thought you were crazy but seeing you all over the news really proved that." 

Swallowing the food in your mouth you placed your metal chopsticks down and looked at the boy that sat next to you on the roof. "Not you too."

"What do you mean me too? You literally yelled at certified heroes and called them fakes. And then made All Might cover for you. I don't know if that counts as brave or stupid." Hitoshi said, mouth full of food as he scarfed down another one of the bentos you made for him. There were a few grains of rice around his mouth that made him look more childish than he actually was, and it made you think that maybe you should of made more for him. "Thanks for the food Ya-chan" 

"Y/n" you sighed as you went back to eating. The young boy next to you let out a soft burp behind his hand and stretched as he stood up. 

"Right, sorry. Y/n. But yeah, that was great. Much better than the orphanage's food." 

"If you want, you can have the rest of mine. That way you could save the last two bentos for dinner and/or breakfast. I'm sorry I couldn't make more. My mom made me write a bunch of letters and deliver them last night." you held out your half eaten bento for Hitoshi to grab. He looked at in a way that said 'are you sure?' And you pushed, more like thrusted it a little more, to let him know you were. "I can't let you starve now can I? You're like a brother to me."

"Like a brother? That's new, so what? I'm your Onii-san now?" he teased, nudging you with his elbow as he ate from your bento. You didn't make anything special, just seasoned chicken strips over egg fried rice with a few pieces of sushi and tamagoyaki with bacon and vegetable bits. Common things in your school lunches but making enough for 8 bentos was where the trouble laid. 5 of them were for you and Hitoshi while three of them were for your parents. For obvious reasons the two you made for your father were different due to his dietary restrictions, but simple to make no less.

“Hito-nii does have a nice ring to it.” you teased back half  heartedly. A chuckle left the boy and silence soon surrounded the two of you leaving you to think. “I actually have -well had- a brother named Hitoshi you know?”

“What happened to him?” he asked with hesitation, not knowing where the new topic would lead. You weren't one who talked about family often, it was a touchy subject for both of you after all.

“I.. I dont know. Kaa-chan said him and Baba had Hitoshi while they were still in high school. I think he was 16 or 17 when he gave birth to Hitoshi. And my grandparents kicked him out for getting pregnant as a teen so it was hard for him. Especially since Baba was away at the time." You explained thoughtfully. Hitoshi lowered the bento slightly to look at you with an indescribable feeling.  

"Your mom is an omega man right?" he asked thoughtfully as picked up his water bottle. "Omega men are rare but also not uncommon. And for them to kick out their pregnant son is unacceptable. It must of been hard for him." 

"Probably. My adoptive grandfather tells me how much he didn't want to give Hitoshi up but he couldn't raise him while juggling hero work, school work, and being a practically single homeless teen. When my father found out he was really sad but mad at himself as well." you explained as you brought your legs closer to your body with your eyes closed as you thought about it all more. "It must have been really hard for Kaa-chan.. It must be hard for Hitoshi too. I hope he doesn't think our mother hates him or something.." 

Hitoshi drank his water slowly, lost in thought as stared at the sky. He always thought his biological parents hated him and that's why they gave him up. But hearing your perspective about your brother really made him think. People give up their children for many different reasons and most of them its in hopes of them having a better life. Maybe he was one of those cases as well. He hoped he was one of those cases.

 "Sorry. I didn't mean to make the mood all sad." you signed bashfully with one hand after Hitoshi looked at you. Hitoshi shook his head and finished the last of your bento. 

"No its ok. It wasn't sad, not to me at least. It would be cool if we were related though." he said with a chuckle as he playfully nudged you causing you to chuckle and shake your head. 

"If we are then our family is absolutely crazy."

"What's wrong with crazy? I'd expect you to love crazy the most, to be honest." 

You shook your head as you took the dirty bentos from Hitoshi, who briefly protested about how he should clean them. But one look was enough to kill the argument that would start between the two of you. Hitoshi held the other two bentos that were tied in a cloth as you walked down the stairs to leave the roof. "Crazy is the last thing I want at this point. To be normal for once would be nice. But if you knew who my family was you'd understand why normal is unattainable."

"That bad, huh?" Hitoshi said sympathetically. One of his hands were in his pocket as be walked next you. You nodded you head and groaned recalling all of things you've been through with your 15 years of life. Being kidnapped 4 years ago was definitely the worst, especially after finding out you were just a bait to bring out your father. It was your fault he was dying. If you never would have stayed after school you wouldn't of been kidnapped. You wouldn't have gotten hurt. You wouldn't of had to find out who your biological father was either. You wouldn't hate yourself either. "Well for what its worth. I think your cool. Not just cause you feed me though. You're a good friend. I hope we get into UA together." 

Walking back into the class and closing the door behind you you nodded and went to your seat. Hitoshi sat in front of you and gave a half smile, his straight teeth peeking through as you relaxed. "Me too Hito-nii"

"You're really gonna start calling me that!?" Hitoshi laughed out. 

"I did say it had a nice ring to it."