Chapter 14

A/n: Unedited.

---

Izuku sat in his seat, still dazed about the week before. It was unbelievable to him, a kiss from Y/n, meeting All might, and then All might declaring to make him a hero. It really left him unable to sleep the few nights after, it was indescribable how happy he was. The only bad news he got was finding out Y/n was grounded because of it. He didn't get to see Y/n nearly as much as he wanted to, with her being grounded, but he was glad nonetheless to have her in his life. He loved her after all.

Wait that didn't sound right. Loved her?

Izuku was lost in thought, biting his thumbnail as he ran that thought through his head over and over again, ignorant to the stares he got from Katsuki. It was confusing for both boys, one not knowing if he liked a girl, or just appreciated her friendship. The other confused as to why the person he deemed useless was able to save him with the help of a weird multiple quirk using girl when no one else would. Katsuki would die before admitting that he was scared, that he genuinely thought he was going to die while some heroes stood idly by and watched. He would never admit that he was thankful for the two of them helping him. His pride wouldn't let him. So instead he would keep his distance, hoping that this way they'd be able to see his gratitude. Both boys were unaware of the growing emotions they had for the same girl.

---

By the time lunch came Izuku sat at his desk quietly eating away at his desk as he browsed through social media on his phone. The more he flipped through pages and other hero fan accounts the more he began to think about you and All Might. He wanted to tell you about the luck he had so bad, but it wasn't his secret to tell. He promised his idol he wouldn't tell anyone, and that included you. For a moment he stopped flipping through his timeline, and placed down his chopsticks. Is this what it's like to be a hero? Keeping secrets from the ones you love for their protection? Granted, he still didn't know if he loved you yet. But at the same time he couldn't see life the same way without you. He wanted you to be at his side no matter what, but if you being with him caused danger would it really be worth it? If he's really to gain All Might's quirk and become the symbol of peace you and his mother would be huge targets and he didn't know if he could bear the thought of either of you getting hurt or dying because of him. Now he was beginning to have second thoughts. Too bad he was meeting with the older man after school to start his training.

"That was all you. And I love that about you. You do your best, so don't ever sell yourself for a penny less, because you're amazing Izu. So when you get called Deku by him and his lackeys, hear me say do your best instead. Because that's what you always do, no matter the obstacle."

Your words flashed into his head and he couldn't stop the bright blush from covering his face. The kiss you gave him was something he could still feel on his face as well as he thought about you. The me thought about his past few months with you the more he began to smile down at his lunch. Maybe love was the right word to describe his feelings for you after all. No one has ever supported him like that, not even his own mother. You believed in him from the moment you met him and stayed by his side since with nothing but support. With a sigh and a mumble Izuku closed his bento. "I think I'm in love with my best friend."

"Again with the mumbling nerd?" Katsuki groaned as he closed his own bento box. The classroom was empty besides the two of them, but neither of them noticed. Izuku jumped, his blush intensifying as he looked at his childhood friend and bully. Not really knowing what to say at first.

"K-Kaachan! I didn't know you were there!" Izuku stammered out pathetically as he waved his hands around in slight shock. Katsuki rolled his eyes in response and just like that awkward silence surrounded them. Izuku's silence was more in a defensive and anxious way while Katsuki was trying to think of something to say. "I-I'm glad you-"

"Thank you."

Izuku cut himself off as he looked at Katsuki with wide eyes. The spiky haired boy wasn't looking at him, instead he was looking out the window, but Izuku could tell it was forced yet truly thankful. But at the same time he didn't feel like he deserved it. "I-I didn't do much though Kaachan. I don't des-"

"You did something. That's all that fucking matters to me." Katsuki forced out. He originally didn't want to say anything to Izuku, but after being alone with his thoughts he felt like it needed to be said. Once again silence filled their space as Izuku twiddled with his fingers. He wasn't uncomfortable so to say, but at the same time he was. He didn't think he deserved the praise or credit he was getting but there were 3 important pieces of his life telling him otherwise.

"We used to be friends Kaachan.."

"I know."

"I miss that."

---

"Izuku!"

Izuku looked up at the sound of his name, only to be tackled by a blob of purple. You had in hips length box braids with a center part that shaped your face perfectly. You were still in your school uniform, not too far from you was a boy with fluffy purple hair that had a tired look as he walked behind you, hands in his pockets. He looked like he didn't want to be there, but as Izuku hugged you with a blush on his cheeks they stared at each other. "Y-Y/n!"

"Ah sorry Izuku, I got really excited to see you. My mom ungrounded me early so I wanted to hang out with you really badly since it's been a week since I've.." you drawled out as your eyes began to wonder. You started at Katsuki with questioning eyes as he stared back at you. He didn't say anything though as he walked past you with his hands in his pockets with the same lackeys that you first met him with.

"Y/n?" Izuku asked as he looked between you and Katsuki, hoping the two of you won't fight.

"Ah sorry again! As I was saying, I got ungrounded early so I was wondering if you wanted to do something with us to celebrate." you asked sheepishly as you rubbed the back of your neck. Izuku looked at Hitoshi with curious eyes as he stood behind you with bored eyes. He's never seen this boy before. And you've never talked to him about any other friends or family. Wait.. Was he your boyfriend!? Did Izuku miss his chance to go out with you!?

"W-who's that?" Izuku asked, trying to hide his nervousness and disappointment.

"This is Shinsou Hitioshi. Hitoshi, this is Midoriya Izuku." you signed with a smile as you turned around to face the other boy. As you turned the soft scent of your body wash flooded Izuku senses. It was very faint but at the same time the scent he did pick up was powerful and completely hypnotic. And as soon as it appeared it was gone. Izuku looked at Hitoshi and nervously held his hand out for the boy in front of him.

"H-hi." he said nervously as Hitoshi took his hand to shake. The handshake was brief and awkward on Izuku's part but a hand shake nonetheless. But then retaliation dawned on Izuku as he remembered what you signed. "W-wait did you say you wanted to do something? I-I'm sorry I can't."

"Oh." You said, the disappointment in your face breaking Izuku's heart. Izuku could call to cancel on All Might right in that moment, but before he could offer an excuse Hitoshi grabbed your wrist and began to gently pull you away.

"You promised me food Y/n. If he says he can't come let just go." Hitoshi said with no remorse causing you to frown and reluctantly wave goodbye to Izuku. Izuku waved back at you sadly, unable to move from his spot, and once you were gone he immediately deflated and groaned.

"Damn it."