chapter 8

Like colby had said we started the day out with breakfast, he let me choose the place so I chose Denny's. I ordered my favorite and Colby decided to have the same thing as me. As we at we talked about Texas and Kansas, we laughed about old memories from our childhood. It was as if we had been friends for years.

Colby paid for breakfast even though I offered to he insisted, he opened every door for me as we left. "Colby you're trying too hard" I said laughing as we drove to universal studios. He shook his head "I am not. I'm just being a gentleman" he kissed my hand then looked back at the road. "So what part of the park are you most excited for?" I shrugged thinking about the question thoroughly. "Mmmmm harry potter. I like the butter beer. And the hagrid ride is fun" I replied and he nodded saying we would go there first.

We parked and he jumped out opening the door for me holding out his hand to help me out of the car. I got out and we walked hand in hand through the long street of shops to get to the gates of universal studios. Colby bought us each tickets and we began our walk to the harry potter park. I stopped looking into the window spotting a huge stuffed Cerberus "oh my gosh its fluffy." Colby looked at what I was pointing at and smiles. "It's so freaking cute" I was dying internally trying to fight the urge to run in there and buy it.

"Hey didn't you want some butter beer?" Colby pointed at the butter beer cart and I nodded."I gotta use the bathroom if you wanted to wait in line I'll be right back" he let go of my hand and turned to walk away. "Yeah do you want a cup of butter beer too?" I asked smiling he said sure then we parted ways.

I waited in the line for about 3 minutes till it was my turn "2 please." I said handing the woman a 20. She smiled then gave me my change, before she handed me the drinks I felt something tap my shoulder. I turned around coming face to face with a giant 3 headed dog and Cokby smiling at me. "Surprise!" I smiled and hugged Colby tightly kissing him a bunch. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love it!" I grabbed the stuffed animal squeezing it.

Colby grabbed the butter beer and we walked to a bench, "thank you so much colby" I leaned toward him kissing his cheek.

♧♧♧♧Time skip♧♧♧♧

Colbys POV

The smile hadn't left her face since breakfast but when I handed her the stuff toy her smile got bigger. Her smile was so genuine and sweet it could make even the saddest person smile. I never wanted it to end I would pay all the money I had to if I could keep that smile on her face for the rest of her life. She would look at me confused when she would catch me watching her the giggle when I would kiss her.

5 seconds of summer came on as we were on our way to the restaurant and she started singing along without a care in the world. She looks so perfect played and the song couldn't have had better timing. She did look perfect she drove me crazy. I parked at the sushi restaurant and walked over opening her door she smiled as she got out. There it is again that glimmer of happiness.

We ordered and talked about the day but in the back of my mind I was dreading tomorrow because I knew she would be leaving me. "I hate to bring it up now but what time are you leaving tomorrow...." I asked looking up from my plate. She frowned and I immediately regretted the question. "6am then we'll be home around 8 pm" she pushed a piece of ginger around her plate as she spoke.

I nodded and sighed " you know you look so beautiful when you smile" she looked up from her plate and blushed smiling meekly. "Thank you." I watched her as she finished her sushi roll and taking a sip of her drink "so what movie do you want to watch?" My question made her look up from her plate. She shrugged "we can just go back to your place or our hotel and watch a movie there. I'm a little tired."

"Yeah wanna go to the hotel there's no one there and we could be alone" I reached forward grabbing her hand brushing my thumb over her knuckles, she smiled at me causing me to smile as well. The waiter dropped the bill off at the table and
Y/n and I both reached for our wallets. "I got dinner you paid for everything today" she pulled out he card but I took it from her and put mine down. "No I'll get it." I put her card in my wallet winking at her "you can have it back later" she giggled and rolled her eyes.

The waiter came back to the table and set a napkin down in front of Y/n then grabbed the check. He bent down and began to whisper in her ear, Y/n leaned away from him but he didnt take the hint. Before I had time to think of what I was doing it stood up grabbing his collar "Hey man! Cant you see we are out on a date. Where are you manners trying to flirt with a mans girlfriend right in front of him!" He put his hands up and apologized before taking off.

I sighed sitting down again, when I looked over at Y/n she was looking at me with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. "A mans girlfriend?" Her question made me realize that I had implied she was my girlfriend causing my cheeks to get warm. "Yeah I guess I did say that. Maybe you can be in time?" I looked at her and she smiles "Yeah? I'd like that" we both looked up when a man who looked to be the manager came up to our table.

"I seen what happened and i am extremely sorry for his actions i went ahead and took care of the bill for you two and I hope this incident doesn't hinder you guys from returning to our restaurant" he handed me my card and a receipt. "Thank you very much" I grabbed Y/n's hand leading her out of the restaurant.

A/N

Hey guys the next chapter is going to be kind of sad just thought I'd let you know in advance sorry. 😬