Chapter 17

I drove down the road as the sun was starting to rise with a groggy Liz sipping her latte in the front seat. The drive was long but we were prepared, we had an ice chest in the back seat with drinks and snacks. We had left at 4am instead so we could beat the morning traffic, we intend to stop for an hour have lunch and stretch our legs.

It was about 12:30 so we decided to stop off at McDonald's to get some food. We ended up staying for 2 and a half hours because Liz was car sick and needed a nap. That put us back a while so we would be getting into LA later than we had originally planned.

Liz drove the last 4 hours of the trip while I took a nap. She shook me awake saying we had arrived at the hotel, I looked at the time 8pm. "You drive slow as hell Liz we should've been here by like 7 or 7:30."I got out of the car and walked with her to the front desk to check in. "Reservation for Elizabeth Rownan." I went to the lobby bathroom while she paid for her room.

We began unpacking the bacgs carrying them to the room to get ready. I did my hair and maked up and slid on my black dress and knee high boots. Liz wore a similar dress to mine but it was white and had lace. I watched her as she curled her hair and did her make up. "Is Brennen single" she turned to look at me and I laughed. "I have no idea dude but you shouldn't go just trying to get laid you need to have fun" she went pshhh when I said this meaning her getting laid was at the top of her list for things to do tonight.

(Quick thing the outfit will be posted at the end if you want to scroll down to see it 😁)

"So nobody knows we are coming?" Liz asked finishing by staying her face with setting spray. "Nope it's a complete surprise for everyone I told Sam last minute we couldn't make it."I grabbed my phone and handed Liz her purse. It was already 9:20 and by the time we got there itd be 9:45. I got into the driver seat and put the address into my phone. "Oh its only a 20 minute drive" Liz said smiling. I nodded and pulled out of the hotel parking lot heading towards the house.

We drove there the only noise was the hum of the engine and the radio which was playing bodak yellow. We parked down the road and walked up to the house. We went through the gate and knocked on the door, Devyn answered and frowned when she seen me. I smiled and said hi she forced a smile and let us in she had a worried look on her face and she immediately went to Corey who was bu the back door.

Corey turned to us and smiled he began to walk towards us "hey! Sam said you weren't gonna make it. Glad you could come" he hugged us but Devyn still had a worried look. "We're gonna go find Colby" I yelled to him over the music he nodded and turned to Devyn who then whispered something to him which made him frown. Liz and I headed to the kitchen, she held my hand as she walked in front of me leading me through the crowd.

I was about to walk into the kitchen but Liz turned to stop me, I smiled and moved her out of the way thinking she probably forgot something. I walked into the kitchen and my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe what I had seen I immediately turned around and stormed out . As I was walking passed the stairs Sam grabbed me "Hey you made it!" He seemed happy until he seen the tears in my eyes. "What's wrong Y/n?" I yanked my arm from his grip and yelled "why dont you go ask your best friend" I walked out of the house and down the road the opposite way of the car.

Liz POV:

I was leading Y/n into the kitchen to go find Colby, when I walked in I seen him. I immediately turned to stop Y/n from walking I and seeing but she moved me put of her way. I cringed when she seen Colby leaned against the counter heavily making out with some blonde girl. She turned and left before I could stop her, I followed her and seen Sam grab her. Then she yelled at him and ran out.

Sam came up to me and asked what happened, I showed him Colby in the kitchen and he ran out the door after her. I began to get mad and walked up to Colby pulling the girl away from him by her hair. "You really fucked up dude. I hope you're happy! You broke her heart" and with that I left to find Y/n.

Y/n POV:

I made it to the end of the road and sat on the curb, I could hear Sam yelling my name but I couldn't move. I buring my face in my knees and cried, I began to hear the thudding of footsteps as someone ran up to me. I felt arm wrap around me pulling my head out of my lap. I looked up to see Sam kneeling down next to me his face red from running after me. He pulled me to his chest and I cried harder, Sam's phone rang and he answered it putting it to his ear.

"Yeah I found her go back to the house  I'll be back in a bit she made it pretty far.... ok bye" he hung up and put his phone in his pocket. He wrapped his arm back around me and rubbed my back as I cried getting mascara on his shirt. It felt like hours and I finally stopped crying, I wanted to keep crying but it was like I ran out of tears. He helped me to my feet and wiped the makeup from my face.

"I look like shit dont I?" I asked pulling out my phone to check. He placed his hands on my cheeks and sighed "you look as beautiful as ever" I smiled a little then fixed my dress. "Want to go back to the party?" I nodded and he led me back to the house. Liz was waiting  bu the gate and she pulled me into a hug the minute she seen me. She pulled away and looked at my messy makeup and cringed she pulled a tissue from her purse and wiped the rest of the mascara away and pulled her emergency mascara out fixing my makeup. "I love how over prepared you are" I mumbled hugging her again.

I walked back into the house and planned on getting so drunk I wouldn't remember tonight. Sam and Liz followed me to the kitchen where I grabbed a bottle of vodka and headed out the back door. People were laughing and dancing but I sat by the fire and began chugging the bottle. Sam let me for a few seconds then carefully pulled the bottle away taking a drink from it.

Liz POV:

Y/n and Sam were out by the fire so I went into the kitchen to make a drink. Colby walked up to me and tapped my shoulder, "where is she? Is she ok?" He seemed like he was pretty upset but I didnt care. "Shes outside getting drunk with Sam but you better stay away from her tonight. Got it? Because if I so much as see you in the same room as her Imma flip. I want her to have a good time dont ruin her night more than you already have." I grabbed a bottle of Sprite for Y/n so she wasnt only drinking vodka.

I began to walk away but Colby grabbed my arm "can you at least tell her I'm sorry?" He pleaded with me but I rolled my eyes. "Who even was that girl?" I asked. "Her names Megan.... I've been seeing her for little over a month." I glared at him. "That's even worse.... I thought you were just drunk making out with this girl but seeing her for that long and dating my best friend? Thats fucked" I groaned and walked outside.

Y/n and Sam had killed over half the bottle, I handed her the Sprite and she opened it taking a sip. She handed Sam the Sprite and he took a sip setting it down. I sat down and watched the two share the bottle as I babied my drink since I'd be driving home tonight.

(Didnt feel like describing the outfit but I thought this was cute)
And dont stop reading now it's not the end of Y/n and Colby! 🤭🤭😁

(Didnt feel like describing the outfit but I thought this was cute)And dont stop reading now it's not the end of Y/n and Colby! 🤭🤭😁