Chapter 16

It had been a few weeks since Colby and Sam left, but there was a noticeable difference in my relationship with Colby. We still text every day and we would face time a few times a week but he seemed detached. Sam started face timing me the nights Colby wouldn't to talk about the last party in the trap house that was happening in 2 days. We were super excited about it and I already had my bags packed to drive there and surprised Colby like he did with me.

Liz decided to tag along to LA with me, on last nigh Liz came over for our weekly movie night when Sam called. We all laughed and talked together so I think it's safe to say Sam and Liz are no longer awkward about everything.

I decided I wanted it to be a surprise so I layed in bed to face time Sam. "Hey what's up Y/n"he answered smiling as usual, "hey I have bad news..... I dont think I can come to the party" I said frowning. He made a sad face and sighed "I mean I was excited for you to come. It would have surprised everyone...." I looked down and got sad. "I'm sorry Sam I'll make it up to you guys. We have someone interested in the house they said they can pay in cash!" I tried to change the subject but Sam still seemed upset.

"Hows Colby? He hasn't text me back yet" Sam shrugged. "He was up late with Jake playing videogames he's probably still sleeping."Sam stood up and walked to Colbys room and opened the door then closes it again. "Yeah he's asleep" I nodded and smiled "He sure loves his sleep" I said laughing. Sam and I talked for a few more minutes then I had to go to work so I said goodbye and headed out.

Colby didn't text me back until about 3pm while I was on break, I decided to call him as soon as he text me. "Hey stranger. You ok?" I tried to sound cheery but I was a little upset we hadn't talked all day. "Yeah I'm alright just been playing videogames with Jake" he sounded a little groggy or like he wasnt really wanting to talk. "Well ok do you want me to ket you go or cam you chat for a bit?" I took a sip of my coffee that I had bough from the vending machine. "Yeah but I'll call you you when you get home from work ok? Love you" "Yeah alright love you too buhbuye" I hung up and set my phone on the table rolling my eyes.

He always made time for me but now I had to bug him for attention. I brushed it off and finished my snack before getting back to work. I had about 3 hours leftmof work but I was already tired of it.

♧♧♧Time Skip♧♧♧

I closed my door behind me sighing as I hung my keys of the rack, I text Colby I was home before tucking my phone back into my pocket. I rummaged through the fridge and freezer before deciding on a hot pocket for dinner. I leaned against the counter waiting for my hot pocket to finish cooking. 

My phone buzzed and to my disappointment it was not a response from Colby. I replied to the message then grabbed my hot pocket before heading to the couch. I turned on my favorite show and tossed the remote on the couch next to me. My phone buzzed again so I pulled it out seeing Sam wanting to face time. "Hey what's up" I said taking a bite of hot pocket. "Nothing Colby and I are at the mall and his phone died. He said he promised he'd face time you and has been bugging me for my phone." He then handed the phone to Colby who looked exhausted but smiled anyways.

"Hey beautiful how was work" I smiled at him "it was ok I'm kinda over it. I put in my two weeks notice next in a week or so." I took a bite of hot pocket after my sentence. "Yeah Sam was saying someone is looking at the house and can pay cash?" I nodded and put my hot pocket back on the plate that was balanced on the arm of the couch. "Yeah a young couple with twin girls I met them yesterday." "That's amazing! Then you can move down here and we can get an apartment together" he seemed super excited making me laugh in response. "No Liz and I are getting an apartment remember?" He laughed "I know I was kidding. You guys are still thinking of moving into the same building as us though. Right?" I nodded and smiled.

By the time we hung up it was almost midnight, so I drug myself upstairs to take a quick shower before bed. I quickly washed myself and dried off put on a old shirt and some shorts. Scrolled through my phone for a few hours eventually passing out around 2:30am.

~~~~~

I woke up to pounding and my doorbell ringing over and over. I checked my phone 1pm.... 7 missed calls, 15 texts, 3 voicemails really Liz.....

I stomped down the stairs and threw my door open "what asshole?" I glared at her as she pushed passed me  carrying a duffle bag, a back pack and rolling a suitcase. "I'm ready for tomorrow. Now we gotta get you packed" she was a little too cheery. I grumbled and walked to the kitchen preparing coffee so I could wake up. "You know.... you do have a spare key you could've just come in loser" I said looking at her as she went through my fridge. "Yeah but I wanted to wake you up" I rolled my eyes and poured the coffee into my cup.

"You do realize we are going for 5 days" I pointed to her three large bags sitting on my kitchen floor. "Yeah don't worry I have more in my car" she pulled out a cup of yogurt and went to get a spoon. "Why do you always pack so much?" I groaned. "Whatever do you mean?" She acted clueless the pulled me to my room.

She began rummaging through my closet as she ate her yogurt throwing clothes on the bed and humming. "Why so many fancy outfits?"
"Well you need an out for for the party, an outfit for dates because you and Colby are gonna go out to dinner at least twice and an outfit for the bar. " I rolled my eyes. Honestly I'd be ok hanging out in Colbys room watching him play videogames all week.

"So we leave here at 6am and we should be there by 7pm we can go to your hotel room and get ready then hit the party at 9" I explore plan to Liz as she packed my bags. She nodded and said ok before walking to my bathroom to get my make up and everything else.

We packed the car and headed back to my room to hang out. I postmated Chinese food for us so we pigge talking about what we were going to do once we got to LA. It was like the first time we went all over again.