chapter 10

6 Months later Y/n Pov

It had been six months since Zach passed away and Colby had come to visit almost every month since. But it had been 2 months since he'd visited. He had kept his work and we facetimed and skyped every night. Tonight wasnt any different than any other night, I was sitting in bed with my computer on the bed infront of me talking to Colby about my day.

"So I passed the final exam and got my Associate's degree so my boss gave me the week off" I looked at Colby but he seemed distracted, he leaned out of the camera telling Sam to get off on the next exit.

"So where a you and Sam headed Colbs?" He lean back in his seat and smiled. "Oh just to another abandoned place. Supposedly its haunted" I laughed a little and shook my head. "It always supposedly haunted. Its almost 9pm you guys almost there or are you going to stop at a hotel for the night?" Cobly shrugged and smiled again. "Why are you so smiley weirdo?...... hold on someones at the door" I stood up from the bed hearing my doorbell ring. I walked down the dimly lit hallway jogging down the stairs.

Liz's dog was barking but didn't bother to get up from the couch. "You're a great gaurd dog." I rolled my eyes opening the door to see Liz she pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tightly. "Hey you're back from your vacay early!" I hugged her back before moving aside so she could come inside. "Yeah mom rescheduled the flight because she has to work tomorrow. How was juliet?" Liz sat next to her lazy dog petting her head.

"She was good just layed around all week I think she missed you." I shrugged leaning against the wall "oh shoot hold of I'm in the middle of a call with Colby" I heard Liz laugh as I jogged to my room I grabbed my laptop and waved at Colby as I walked to the living room. "It was Liz at the door she came to pick up Juliet" I turned the camera so Colby and Liz could see each other. They both said hi and I sat on the couch setting the computer on the coffee table. "So my last question you never answered. Are you two almost to where you're going or are you stopping off for the night?" I heard Sam chuckled as I spoke.

"We're actually right down the road from the place now." Sam answered and Colby smiled. "Yeah but hey can I call you back once we get inside and get settled in?" I nodded and said goodbye before closing my laptop.

Liz shook her head "I'm surprised you still talk to those two" I shrugged "yeah well Colby and I are dating I told you that and Sam's like my best friend." She shook her head and smiled looking around the living room "So when are you gonna get some roommates?" I stood up walking to the kitchen to get us some drinks. "I dont know if I want roommates" I turned away from the fridge to see Liz had followed me into the kitchen. "You have 3 empty rooms you need roommates" she took a sip from the cup I handed her and I laughed

"Nooo I have a game room and 2 spare bedrooms for when guests come" she gave me a look that made me laugh again. "Dont give me that look I have guests sometimes" she raised and eyebrow and laughed. "Colby doesn't count cuz I doubt that you make him sleep in the guest room" we both laughed. We walked back to the couch and Liz picked up Juliet. "Well imma head back home moms waiting for me" I nodded and picked up the rest of juliet's things and followed Liz outside.

We were met with bright headlights "were you expecting someone?" Liz turned to look at me and I shook my head squinting trying to see what the car looked like. Liz opened her car door putting Juliet into the front seat, I place her stuff in the back and closed the door. I started to walk towards the car when the lights turned off and two familiar figures stepped out.

The walked closer and my porch light lit up their faces "Colby!" I ran towards Colby hugging him tightly. I heard him chuckle and he kissed the top of my head "the one and only" Sam cleared his throat and I grabbed him pulling him into a hug as well. I looked over at Liz who was standing there awkwardly "well I uh should get going" she closed the door of her car and began walking over to the driver side.

Shoot I just realized how awkward it must be for Liz since the last time she spoke to Sam was back in LA. I walked over to the driver side and hugged her goodbye. She pulled out of the driveway quickly he tail lights fading as she turned the corner

Sam rubbed the back of his neck and sighed "I'm sorry about that Sam if I knew you were coming I would've warned you" he shrugged and smiled at me "it's ok I just thought she actually liked me" I frowned and walked towards the door. "Are you guys hungry?" I let them into the house and followed them into the living room. "Nah we are pretty tired though it was a long drive." Colby said yawning. "Ok well we can go to bed then" I smiled locking the front door and leading Sam into one of the guest rooms while Colby went to my room to change.

"She's a really nice girl it's just she tries to be a player and she's not that good at it" I sat on the bed as Sam looked through his bag. "I mean I'm kinda over it. It's just a little awkward. Plus I have my eye on someone else." He smiled pulling his shorts out going into the bathroom "yeah? who is it?" I stood up smoothing out the part of the bed I was sitting on. He came back out with no shirt and some basketball shorts on "it doesn't really matter right now she probably doesn't like me anyway" he pulled back the covers and smiled at me.

"Good night Y/n"

"Good night Sam"

I walked to my room to see Colby sitting on the bed texting. When he seen me he quickly turned his phone off setting it down "ready for bed babe?" I nodded and crawled onto my side of the bed cuddling up with Colby and falling asleep.