Chapter 22

Guests started arriving for the party but I stayed in my room with one of the bottles of vodka, not wanting to be social yet. The week flew by and i was dreading the party because Liz confirmed that Colby would be bringing Megan as his plus one. I jumped hearing a knock at the door, I opened my bedroom door just a crack to see who was there. Sam pushed open the door and pulled me out of my room "come join the party" I smiled as he handed me a beer. "Okay okay I'm coming." I closed my door and opened the beer.

I sat on the couch next to Brennen and took a drink from the beer. "So Sam tells me you and Colby broke up" he put his arm around my shoulders and pulls me into him. "You looking for a rebound?" I pushed Brennen off of me and laughed. "Brennen I'm not looking for a hook up.... go talk to Liz though she's always down for a good time." I pointed at Liz who was in the kitchen making a drink. He stood up and walked over to her and began hitting on her.

I heard the door open and seen Colby walk with a familiar blonde girl in tow. I looked down at my beer before bringing it to my lips chugging the whole thing. This is moving on. I told myself trying to make the situation better. I crushed the can and got up walking into the kitchen, I tossed the crushed can in the trash and grabbed a red plastic cup making myself a drink. Crown apple with a little bit of sprite, Colby tapped my shoes as I was taking a drink causing me to jump.

"Hey Megan wants to meet you...... or is it too soon" he looked at me then back at Megan who was still by the door. I sighed and chugged my drink the buzz I already had intensified, "Fuck. Ok" he motioned for her to come over. She smiled and walked over extending her hand, I shook it and fake smiled. "I'm Megan but you can call me Meg" I nodded "I'm Y/n and I dont necessarily plan on even talking to-"  "Y/n please." Colby stopped me from being a complete bitch so I rolled my eyes.

"Colby told me everything and that you just want to be friends." She reached forward grabbing my hands "I want you to know that I'm okay with that and I won't stop you guys from being friends and I hope with a little time you and I could become friends as well" she smiled at me. I gagged internally and rolled my eyes pulling my hands from hers "unlikely" I grabbed a beer and walked off. I walked passed Sam but he grabbed my waist pulling me to him.

"Did he really just introduce her to you" he held my waist as we stood nearly chest to chest. "Yeah she hoped we can be friends" I said laughing as i opened my drink. "Here's to moving on" I said raising my beer and chugged it beer inadvertantly. I  groaned crushing the can "ah fuck" I dropped the can as blood started to drop from my hand. I looked at the deep vut on my palm and sighed, "holy shit are you ok?" Sam grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bathroom.

He flipped on the light and shut the door. I rinsed my hand while he grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink. He put the lid down on the toilet and told me to sit, I did as I was told holding my hand out while he grabbed some gauze. "Here apply pressure while I get the antiseptic wipe and neosporin opened" he put the gauze on my hand and I held it firmly against my hand.

"I'm gonna need stitches aren't I?" I was scared because I hated needles and the last thing I wanted was stitches. "No it should be fine I'm just gonna clean it and wrap it a little." Sam said focused as he pulled the gauze from my hand. He wiped the wound and used a cotton swabs to put the neosporin on it. He placed a clean piece on gauze on it and wrapped it to keep it in place.

"Wow. My own personal doctor" I said smiling. He chuckled and began putting all the unused stuff back in the box and throwing the trash in the bin. I stood up from the toilet at the same time Sam was turning towards a me, causing me to lose my balance. Sam grabbed me before I could fall pulling my towards him, my breath hitched as he held me against him firmly. He had his arm around my waist and I could feel myself blushing, a feeling ran through me. It was the same feeling I felt back in Texas when he grabbed my waist.

I looked up at him out faces just inches from each other, I felt his other hand on my waist and moments later we were both leaning in. Our lips touched briefly and I pulled back, only to lean back in kissing him more aggressively this time. His hand moved from my waist to my cheek, stepped forward backing me against the wall. He kissed my neck and my breathing became rapid as that familiar warm tingling feeling grew between my legs. I put my hands on his shoulders pushing him back, "what are we doing" I whispered trying to calm my breathing.

"I-I'm sorry....." a sad expression crept across Sam's face, "no dont be it feels so right but my brain is screaming this is wrong" I grabbed Sam's hand pulling him back towards me. Maybe just one more kiss...... I said internally deciding to ignore the little voice telling me to stop. I pulled him in kissing him again but only briefly, as I was about to pull away the bathroom door open.