Chapter 28

Colby's POV:

I walked into the dark room hearing the steady beeping from the heart monitor and Y/n's quiet breathing. "Colby?" She whispered turning her head towards me "hey" I sat next to her bed gently grabbing her hand "how you feeling?" I kissed the top of her hand and she smiled weakly "like shit" I smiled "so I think Sam's a little jealous that you wanted to have me here and not him..." I looked at her as she chewed her lip and shrug. "I love him so much.... but I dont feel like getting lectured... I know him and Liz would yell at me." She looked away and sighed.

"How'd you know I wasn't gonna lecture you?" I squeezed her hand gently an she looked back at me and shrugged again. Her eyes were glossy and tears welled up in the corners. "You are just happy I'm alive and ok... you'd make sure I knew that you care and you would wait till we got home to ask why and try to understand. You'd know its something I dont want to talk about. You'd know I'd feel guilty.... not that I did it but guilty that I failed. You would try to take my mind off of it and you would tell me bad jokes and try to make me smile and that's what I need. I dont want to be lectured.... not yet" she looked away and I seen a tear fall onto her hospital gown.

I ran my thumb over the top of her hand a tried to come up with something funny to make her laugh. "So yesterday I got in trouble for smearing peanut butter on the road" she turned towards and and furrowed her brows. "Why were you smearing peanut butter on the road?" I smiled and she looked more confused the longer she thought about it. "To go with the traffic jam" she rolled her eyes and laughed. "You're an idiot" I watched as she started to laugh again shaking her head.

"I'm sorry..." she stopped laughing and looked at me with a serious expression. "For what?" I tilted my head confused and she sighed loudly. "Its my fault they're gone" I glared as she spoke. "Don't you dare put that on yourself... it's not your fault. That man didn't stop. I dont want you to ever say its your fault" I squeezed her hand and she nodded, a few more tears landed on her gown and I looked away. I hated seeing her cry

I sighed and looked at the door seeing the doctor coming in, "So we are going to keep you overnight and release you  tomorrow morning, but for now you need to rest. Your friends went home." he said smiling before leaving the room. I nodded and looked at Colby. "You can head home if you want." He shook his head, "nope I plan on staying all night so go to sleep I'll be right here." He smiled and leaned back in the chair, I laughed and got comfortable slowly falling asleep.

Liz POV:

"I can't believe her. What was she thinking" I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. "She is not allowed to die like this! We are supposed to die together robbing a bank or some huge crime heist." Sam shook his head and laughed "what?!" I looked at him and giggled refilling his plastic cup. "We made a pact when we were like 13 that it when we were ready to die we would rob a bank and run away to Mexico. Cuz we'd either die trying or live an amazing new life in Mexico" he took a drink of the whiskey and coke mix in his cup and laughed again.

"You look like you don't believe me" I said giggling. "No no I believe you. That sound exactly like someone Y/n would do" Sam looked at me then his cup and shook his head. "What's up Sam?" I asked leaning back against the counter as he shrugged. "I don't know...... I'm just confused. Why Colby?" Sam set his drink down and I frowned. "She's probably really out of it Sam...... not thinking straight. And they were hers and Colbys babies... not saying anything against you but its something they are going through together." I reached forward and squeezed his hand. He pulled away and nodded, "I guess I just am a little jealous that she asked for him and not me.... after what he put her through" Sam sighed loudly.

"He made a mistake Sam don't hold that against him forever, she obviously forgave him you should too" I watched as he shrugged and flopped looked down at his hands.

*****
Y/n POV:

"Here are your discharge papers we recommend you follow up with a primary care provider within two to three days. There is also a number for a suicide prevention on the bottom here, and maybe dont stay alone for a few days...." I nodded and smiled at the doctor. I handed the papers to Colby "ready?" He nodded and I followed him to his car.

"I guess Sam is pretty upset you wanted me to stay with you..." I looked at him and shrugged "I don't really remember the doctor coming in and asking if I wanted someone to stay." I lied hoping he would let it go. "I dont know but Liz was texting me last night her and Sam were drinking and he seemed beat up" I sighed groaned loudly.

"He doesn't get it" I mumbled.

"Doesnt get what?" Colby opened the car door for me befor getting into the driver seat.

"He just doesn't fucking get it Colby." I broke down and started crying

"Hey its alright" he whispered trying to calm me down.

"No Colby! It's really not! I don't mean to be a bitch but he didn't just lose his babies...... he had no attachment to them he probably is relieved I lost them" I dropped my head into my hands as my body trembled.... I dont know if I even meant what I said.

"I've lost everything Colby... Zack.... Cole and Samantha my fucking babies Colby.... I even lost you." I heard his door open then i was being pulled out of the car into Colbys arms. I stopped trembling and hugged him tightly.

"You'll never lose me Y/n"

"I already have.... You have Meg and I have Sam we cant be together..... but I want to be with you, I want us I want what we had when we first met Colby I love you" Colby held his breath and I pulled away from him.

"I'm sorry..." I said wiping my eyes

He shook his head and pulled me back to him "I love you too Y/n..... and more than anything I wish I could go back and change everything start over." I sighed feeling a sense of relief  followed by a sense of sadness.

"I dont want to hurt sam though" I mumbled pulling back. "You dont have to"

"I love him but I cant lead him on and I refuse to cheat on him" I sat back in the seat of the car and looked up at Colby. "Well think about it talk to Liz about it and figure out what you want if Sam really loves you he will understand and respect your decision and as will I." Colby kissed my forehead and shut my door before getting in and driving me home.