Chapter 23

The bathroom door opend and Sam and I jumped away from eachother, "oh. My. God" Liz stood in the doorway a huge smile plastered on her face. She came in and closed the door behind her, how long as this been going on. "I'm uh.... I'm gonna let you two talk" Sam said awkwardly walking out of the bathroom. I laughed nervously "Wow" she looked at me in shock. "Wow what" I asked rubbing the back of my neck, "The last person I expected you to get with!"

I shook my head "I'm not getting with him we just kissed" she gave me the 'seriously' look and I laughed walking out of the bathroom. "Nothing is going to come out of it" I said assuring her it was just a kiss. I grabbed the beer can that was still lm on the ground and walked it to the kitchen tossing it into the garbage can. I seen Colby but I couldn't see Megan so I decided to go talk to him "where's the mistress" he looked at me and shrugged. "Not sure I said something that pissed her off and she left" he seemed a little upset so I poured us both a shot. We clanked our cups brought them back to the counter and took the shot. We took a few more shots and talked about the night I went over to talk to him. "Yeah I was with her but I wasn't expecting you to talk to me ever again and I thought I was over you but every time I see you every emotion and every memory comes flooding back" grabbed my non bandaged hand looking me in the eyes.

"I regret it more than anything in my life. I still love you" he pulled me closer but I pulled back "I dont know" I poured more whiskey into the cup than I should've and chugged it. The last thing I remember was sitting on my bed with Colby talking about YouTube duet ideas.

~~~

I groaned blocking the light that shown through the crack in my curtains. I couldn't remember what happened last night..... I sat up and looked next to me seeing Colby sleeping "Fuck!" I pushed the heels of my palms into my eyes trying to remember what happened. I lifted the blankets..... yup..... naked. I looked for a condom but seen none I pulled my shirt on and a pair of shorts. I walked out of my room and headed to Liz's room, I gently knocked on the door and I heard a groggy voice say come in.

I opened the door and walked in, Liz was sprawled out on her bed in her clothes from last night. "So..... I dont remember what happened but um..... Colbys in my bed.." like a scene from a scary movie Liz shot straight up in bed and looked at me. "Are you serious" I nodded and sighed "I'm pretty sure we had sex too...." I covered my face with my hands. "You're an idiot" she laughed a little and I nodded again. "I know shut up..."

We both jumped when we heard the front door close, I ran to my room seeing an empty bed. "Dude he left..." she walked out of her room and into the kitchen "good" she glared at me and shook her head. "I know dont give me that look I fucked up." I walked to my room and grabbed my phone.

~hey about last night.....~

My phone almost immediately after.

~I know it was a mistake.. let's not talk about it~

~yeah ok...~

I tossed my phone back onto my bed and walked back to the kitchen. Liz and I spent most of the day cleaning the apartment and nursing our hangovers as we watched supernatural.

It was about 5pm when I heard a knock on the door. Liz was in the shower getting ready to go out with Katie again so I got up to answer it. I opened the door seeing Sam standing in the hall, a feeling of guilt washed over me as the memory of last night popped into my head. "Hey..." I tried to sound normal but the awkwardness was obvious. "Y/n I gotta tell you something " I nodded and let him in. He stopped abruptly and pinned me against the door kissing me.

"I can't hide it anymore Y/n. I want to be with you, I can't go day to day just being your friend. I want more, I want you. I want to wake up next to you in the morning and listen to you complain about how like it takes to make coffee. I want to be the one you come home to after a long day at work and hear you talk about all the amazing things you did. I want to be the one that makes you smile and holds you when you cry. You know I wont say it unless I truly mean it but I love you Y/n" I was speechless.

I put my hand over my mouth and stifled a cry, I nodded and wrapped my arms around Sam. I wasn't in control of my body but something inside me knew this was the right thing to do. Sam hugged me back and kissed the top of my head, I pushed every thought of Colby to the back of my mind and sighed blissfully.

I heard a sniffle from behind Sam and looked passed him seeing Liz standing in a towel crying. "This is so sweet it's like a scene from a romance movie" I shook my head and laughed. "Go put some clothes on you weirdo" she nodded wiping her eyes as she walked into her room.

"I came to ask if you wanted to go on a date tonight" He looked at me and smiled "how about we get a movie and some snacks and have a pajama and movie date." He smiled and nodded "ok meet me at my place in 2 hours in tour coziest pjs" I laughed and he walked out closing the door behind him.

It felt like my heart was doing backflips, was this the right thing? Should I really start a relationship with my ex boyfriend's bestfriend?...... fuck it

I went into my room and tore apart my closet looking for my Umbreon onesie Liz and I had got for a pajama party a few years ago. It still fit but it hugged my curves tightly so I put on a tank top and shorts underneath in case I wanted to take it off.

Two hours later I left my apartment locking the door behind me wearing my onesie and my fuzzy slippers. "What the hell are you wearing?" I jumped and turned to see Colby walking down the hall. "Umbreon pajamas." My tone was very mater matter of factly and he shook his head. "Thanks captain obvious I couldn't tell..... why are you leaving wearing that?" I shook my head "well lutenet sarcasm if you must know I'm going to Sam's for a Pajama and movie date" I started walking again and I heard him laugh.

"You two are so weird" he was walking next to me now and I felt a little awkward. "Where are you headed?" I asked looking up at him as we walked. "Gonna go try and talk to Megan...." I nodded "she still mad?" He shrugged "I guess she came back to the party and couldn't find me and she hasn't text me back since."

"You think she knows?" I asked worried "nah nobody knows where I went they thought I left" I nodded and said bye to him as he kept walking passed Sam's door. I knocked three times and yelled "open up it's the police" he opened the door and laughed. "A cop in an  Umbreon onesie?" I held up a finger gun and walked through the door. We both laughed and he kissed my cheek "read to for this movie date?" He asked smiling.

"You look freaking adorable and you're dressed perfectly because we are gonna binge watch Pokemon" I smiled and jumped onto his couch excitedly.