Chapter 21

I woke up around 1pm hung over and sore. I limped out of my room and to the kitchen, "why Ya limping?" Liz asked walking into the kitchen. She opened the fridge grabbing the creamer and set it next to me "I did something stupid" I poured a little creamer in my cup and sighed. "Did you fall?" She kept prodding trying to force the answer out of me. "I went to Colbys apartment last night after work." She slammed her hand on the counter "What?! Are you stupid?" Inodded and drank my coffee.

"Yup very stupid. After we had sex Meg text him again saying she had fun today and can't wait for tomorrow with a wink face and water drops." I set my cup on the counter and turned to look at Liz. "Just when I though you got over him you got pulled right back in..... was it good though?" She smiled raising an eyebrow. I laughed and nodded "probably the best sex we ever had" she laughed slapping my arm "I guess it was worth it then. You've been working so hard you needed to get laid"

We sat on the couch with our coffee and talked about work and life and our plans for the weekend. He said he wanted to work things out and I believed him...." Liz shook her head and finished her coffee "Oh and um I want to throw a party next weekend is that ok?" She gave me puppy eye and I shook my head "yeah how many people are coming?" She shrugged and I laughed "no more than 50" her response was more of a question than a statement. "Well let's go to the liquor store then because I finished that bottle of vodka from the freezer." She looked at me with a shocked look and shook her head "dude that was a big bottle..."

About an hour later we headed out the door to go shopping. I po pulled the key out of the lock and stuffed the key ring in my pocket. I heard a familiar laugh coming from down the hall and turned to see Colby. Except he wasnt alone. "What?" Liz walked back up to me and looked around the corner. There was Colby with the blonde girl from the party, she was holding onto his arm whispering in her ear as he was locking his door. He put the key in his pocket and turned, we made eye contact and he pulled his arm away from the girl.

I rolled my eyes and walked down the hall "Y/n Wait." Colby yelled but I heard Liz start going off on him telling him to just leave me alone. Liz caught up with me and we got into her car to go to the store. I pulled out my phone and text Sam,
~come over for dinner tonight we gotta talk~

I looked at Liz and sighed "I just invited Sam for dinner just an fyi" she nodded keeping her eyes on the road.

~yeah ok. Is something wrong?~

~I'll tell you about it later but I fucked up~
I put my phone in my pocket and rubbed my temples fuck this hangover.

We walked into the liquor store and I walked straight over to the vodka I grabbed 2 bottles and put them in the cart. Liz grabbed 2 tequila bottles a few wine bottles and some whiskey. I looked at the cart and shook my head. "What?" Lis asked laughing "nothing we just look like alcoholics." She shrugged saying oh well and walked over to the beer isle grabbing three 30 packs of beer. "Jesus woman how much do you think people will drink. Six bottles of liquor three bottles of wine and 90 cans of beer?!?!" I grabbed one of the cases of beer putting it back.

"I don't know I'd rather be safe than sorry" she laughed and we push the cart to the cash register. The cashier watches in shock as we pile the alcohol onto the counter "um can I see your ids" we both pull out our driver's licenses and hand them to the man.

We loaded the bags I to the car and headed to the grocery store to buy stuff for dinner. I decided to make steak, garlic and herb pasta with asparagus. By the time we pulled back into the parking lot it was 5pm Sam and Jake came down to help carry the bags back up to the apartment. Took about 15 minutes to get everything brought in, I thanked Sam and invited Jake to dinner but he said he had a Date with Tara.

Sam sat on the couch and talked to Liz while I cooked dinner, I played my music and danced around in the Kitchen trying to take my mind off of life. I finished dinner and brought Sam and Liz their plates and sat on the couch next to Sam. "So how's work going. Is it everything that you hoped it would be." I nodded and smiled "yeah yesterday I had to take dna samples from tiger sharks which was pretty fun."

Liz left after dinner to go to the bar with Katie so Sam and I were alone in the apartment. I was in the kitchen cleaning the dishes and Sam was leaning against the counter watching me. "So what did you mean when you said you fucked up" I put the last dish in the rack and dried my hands. I tossed the hand towel on the counter and leaned rubbed my face.

"Ahhhh I talked to Colby yesterday." I walked to the couch and plopped down sighing. "That's good how'd it go?" He sat next to me putting his feet on the ottoman "well it started ok we talked and got drunk then this got intense then Megan text him then I left" I pinched the bridge of my nose and shook the thought from my mind. "What do you mean intense...?" His voice trailed off and I laughed nervously.

I looked at him and raised my eyebrows and tilted my head "use your imagination Sam" he went ooooh and laughed. "Yeah then Meg text him and I stormed out throwing all my pictures of us onto his counter..... then today when Liz and I left the apartment he was leaving his apartment with her" I felt myself getting upset so I took a deep breath. "Yeah... I'm sorry to say they are still dating I thought you knew..."

"I hoped he wasnt because he said he wanted to work things out..... looks like it's time for me to move on" I half smiled. "You'll get over it but you cant avoid him forever" I nodded taking in what Sam had said. "Yeah you're right...Imma invite him to Liz's party" I stood up and walked to the door. "I'll be back." Sam smiled and wave as I left the apartment.

I made my way to Colbys door a knocked lightly, he opened the door a few moments later he opened the door. "Oh uh hi..." he came out into the hall and closed the door behind him. "Imma make it quick because it looks like you have a guest. So Liz is throwing a party Saturday I'm inviting you and you can bring a plus one. We can't be together but we can still be friends it will be hard at first but it's not impossible." He nodded and I walked back to my apartment.