01 - one where she rants

Taara walked towards the rocks by the beach. As usual she had fought with her mother, had been scolded by her boss and had been ditched by her friends. Her mood was like the rotten vegetables that hung out from the overflowing garbage bin she just passed. Then there was her screwed up love life. She hadn't had a serious boyfriend ever since she was born. While most of her batch-mates and friends were happily married.  Some even had kids. As for her, she did not have a single guy even interested in her. Her friends teased her, tagging her a lesbian. At first she used to have some fun and joke about it. But, now with time it annoyed her. It wasn't her problem if guys around her were blind!

She was fun, loving, caring,  had a dirty mind, had a nice earning job. She classified herself as pretty and humorous.  What else would a guy want? "Blind men!" Taara muttered climbing down the rocks to sit in an isolated spot. 

Staring away at the sea she would sit at by the rocks and talk to the waves. They heard her rant and took her frustration far away into the endless ocean. This was her way to clear her head ever since high school. She did not trust friends. They all eventually left. Some didn't even care to keep her secrets while some just had sadistic pleasure listening to her rant. She wasn't stupid. She knew. People were with her or around her only for their own benefits. Juhi, her best friend at work was with her only cause she count on Taara to help her with her deadlines.  Everyone at office knew Taara was a fantastic multitask-er, an a reliable one at that. So everyone loved her for that.  Of course her boss, Mrs Winget was extremely jealous and insecure that Taara would grab her place and become the chief editor of the magazine. Thus she made sure to keep Taara in trouble.  Taara was so done with all of them.

Then there was her mother, who was forcing her for an arranged marriage.  What Taara took to be a synonym of nightmare. Her parents had divorced when she was ten. She never actually had a problem with that. In fact, she liked the fact that her parents did not stay under the same roof - she did not have to hear their shouting voices.  She stayed with her mother although she visited her father on weekends. During schooling her summer vacation was spent with her father at various locations he took her to. While her mother was strict and made her disciplined. Her father was carefree and pampered her. In short, she had the best of both worlds. She loved them both. She had no complains.  

But off late her mother was getting on her nerves. She wanted to see her settled.  When she had called her father and told him about it, Mr. Mahesh Mittal had laughed it off saying her mother was always a pain. He advised her to not take her seriously and she'd be good. It was a fair point, but Taara Mittal Jaisingh couldn't do it. Because her mother, Manisha Jaisingh loved her dearly. She couldn't ignore her or be mad at her. They fought almost twice every week on the same topic. It was draining Taara. All she wanted was to escape. She hoped for someone who'd simply love her for what she is, not what she could be to him. Love her for what she was and not what she could be. Accept her as she was and not expect. But that was the nub of the entire problem, there was no one made to understand her except these ever changing, ever moving waves!

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

Hello readers,

Off late I have been really busy with stuff. Owing to which I cannot give much time to writing like I used to before. That's why I thought of starting this story,  where the chapters will be short. It will be a light hearted romantic tale.

Well the name of the chapter should give away that I am now a F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan! That's another place where my free time is going these days! 😁

So, there will be an update everyday for this one. (Today there will be two!). Hope you all like it!

 Hope you all like it!