25 - the one where he meets her mother

Aayush had never before felt so nervous. He gave a last minute prep talk to himself as he stood in front of the wooden door of Miss Jaisingh's pretty house. Taara had apparently spoken to her mother and convinced her to meet Aayush over dinner. Taking a deep breath he rang the bell. Who knew being a boyfriend could be so stressful? He stared at the flowers in his hand. Taara told him that her mother loved orchids. Funny how he had never bought Taara flowers yet and here he was with a bouquet in hand for for her mother.

"Hi, Aayush!" Taara greeted him cheerfully. He smiled adoring her beautiful smile. "Come on in." She spoke, Aayush walked past her sending up a final prayer. 

He removed his shoes by the shoe rack. While Taara called out to her mom. He smiled when he saw a lady emerge out from the kitchen wiping her hands. He could now say that Taara got her beautiful eyes from her mother. She must be in her late forties or early fifties but she looked much younger. "Hello", he quickly wondered what would be better, Aunty or Ma'am? Perhaps Ma'am. "Ma'am."

She gave him a pointed look and then an analytic glance over. "Aayush." She said in a curt crisp tone, giving Taara a look. 

Aayush quickly extended the bouquet of flowers. "These are for you" he smiled and then he forwarded the cloth bag containing kulfis. "and these..!" He added.

She nodded giving him a tight lipped smile. Dang, this was just the beginning. 

"Maa, let's put out the snacks. I am sure he must be hungry after a working day." Taara smiled looking at her mother.

"Sure." Her mother muttered walking into the kitchen.

"What was in that bag?" Taara whispered walking closer to him.

"Kulfis."

"Wow." She whispered grinning.

"Just improvised on the plan. She doesn't seem in a great mood." He remarked looking around.

"Don't worry, give her some time the frost will melt and you'll see she's a kindhearted loving woman." Taara smiled giving his hand a squeeze. 

"I hope so." He let out a deep breath, turning to her.

"Taara . ." Her mother walked out and arched her eyebrows up, looking at them standing closer. Taara quickly pulled away her hand and Aayush grimaced internally. This just couldn't get better.

"I need you in the kitchen." She ordered turning around to go back into the kitchen. Taara nodded, rooted at the spot. Her mother was prone to overthinking. Taara was sure she already had conjectured images in her head about the two of them that would be far from their reality. 

"Now." She heard her mother. Aayush gave her a nudge and she immediately marched to the kitchen. Aayush sighed looking around. This was going to be a night he wouldn't forget for sure.