14 - the one where she is flabbergasted

"You're acting like you're my girlfriend." Taara blinked in shock.  Did he just say that? 

"Excuse me,  what did you say?"

 Aayush chuckled. "You heard right."

"Remind why am I even having this conversation with you?" Taara snapped. If this was his way of apologizing, he was really doomed. 

"Okay cut this here. Meet me." His voice seemed serious again.

"Give me a good reason why I should?" Taara challenged. 

"Um, because we need to talk?" He stated with uncertainty.

"Right, we are staring at each other right now!" Sarcasm dripped off her tone. 

"God, why are you so difficult?" 

"Wait. Are you talking to yourself?"Taara had a smug grin on her face. This man totally deserved a hard time for hurting her like that.

"Well, you see, I am not abnormal. Normal people don't talk to themselves aloud."

"So you're taunting me again. Is that your idea of an apology?" Taara frowned. Why did he have to offend her every freaking time? 

"Taara. This conversation is going nowhere. Please can we meet so that we can talk properly,  face to face?"

"Oh, I get it." Taara grinned playfully. "You are going to bribe me with ice cream. It won't work." 

Aayush laughed. "Sorry to disappoint but I don't like bribing people."

"Oh, then. ..what if I say I won't turn up."

"I know you will."

"No. I am saying I won't. You haven't given me a good enough reason. Tell me why should I meet you?" Taara had no clue what she wanted to get out of him. But she just wanted to go on stretching the conversation.

"Because I miss being around you." 

Taara's heart rammed crazily against her ribs. She almost forgot to inhale. She had no clue why that statement from him made her cheeks warm. "I have to go. Talk to you later." Saying that in a single breath she ended the call. What on earth? What would he think of her to do that? Did he mean what he said? Did he also miss being around her like she missed being around him? Placing her hand on her chest Taara sat down. Her hands cupped her cheeks. God, why were cheeks so warm. Was she..was she blushing? She quickly sprinted to her dressing table mirror.  Damn her cheeks looked pinkish. She turned away looking at her phone lying on her bed. "Darn you Mr.Stranger, what are you doing to me!" She whispered her lips steadily forming a curve. 

* * *

Taara's steps very painfully slow. She had run the various options in her head more than a million times. Why was she even going to meet him? No, she wasn't going to be a coward. She was no more in high school. So what if a guy had missed her? Or if he liked her? She closed her eyes momentarily. Her recurring thoughts made her more nervous. 'Just be cool, Taara.' The sane part of her mind said to her. She felt awfully stupid to have disconnected the call like that. He would now know well that his words had her triggered. Dang!

"Hey" a familiar voice made her stop in tracks. A voice she was growing to love. She turned, keeping a poker face. 'Remember you're angry at him for the other day.' A voice echoed in her mind. 

"Hi." She spoke making sure a tone lacked enthusiasm, excitement and anticipation.

His lips curled into a smile. Taara couldn't help but give him a glance over. Same black pants and a plain baby pink shirt. His hair perfectly set as always. His stubble neatly trimmed. His lips perfectly pink. Darn, she was staring. She looked down at her feet, mad at herself. What was happening? Was she crushing over him? Most likely she was. 

"So you're still mad?" He asked once he was standing close enough.  

Mad? Was she mad at him? Perhaps mad over him? Why was she mad at him? Oh right. His words. She made a poker face. "Why did you want to meet?" 

His smile widened. "Let's sit and talk." Saying that he walked ahead not before holding her hand. Taara felt jolts of electricity at the very simple contact. She was a goner. However, her mind had a good shock absorber. She sat beside keeping her hand on her lap. "Why are you smiling so widely?" She spoke trying not to look at him. 

"That's what seeing you does to me."

Taara's eyes widened as she heard that, her brows slightly arched. What did he just say? Taara was flabbergasted. Wasn't that what they called flirting? Looking at him was the wrong move for he was grinning at her adorably. He sure knew how to melt hearts.

Isn't it very mysterious how certain smiles freeze your heart to death while certain melt your heart at a glance?

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

Thank you for all your love for this story. ❣

 ❣