19 - the one where he asks her out

It had been a week and Taara's new found excitement was no where near fading. Nothing had changed between her and Aayush. Except that they were more free at throwing accusations at each other. Of course, there was more of holding hands, nudging, her hitting him on his arm. If anything, Taara had only grown fond of him. Her adoration for her boyfriend only grew. They texted more often. Their workload at office or sleepy eyes at night didn't deter them from it. 

Taara happily made her way to their regular spot. This was the thing that hadn't changed. Their meeting by the beach. 

"Look Miss monkey is here." That was how he greeted her as she sat beside him handing him the styrofoam cups while she sat. This was another habit they had adopted without any discussion. The one who came late bought the beverages. Funny how they understood the rule without having it said.

"Shut up, Mister." She took her cup of tea, opening the packet of Parle-G she had bought along.

"What, you're the one flooding my chat window with the various monkey emojis." He said taking a sip of his coffee. He couldn't believe he had actually started liking this not so perfectly made coffee. She offered her some biscuits but he declined. 

"You know that has a lot of preservatives and sugar." He remarked only to recieve a scrutinizing gaze from his girlfriend. 

"Are you indirectly asking me to watch my weight, mister?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"You never fail to amaze me, Sweetheart!" He stressed on the last word chuckling. 

"And you never fail to offend me baby!" Taara stressed on the word baby. Their eyes met and they both burst out laughing.

"We should seriously stop that." Aayush spoke looking at her.

"Totally. I wonder how people do it. Sweetheart ..."

"Baby!" He added rolling his eyes.

"Jaanu.." she added making a face.

"Babe!"

"Love,"

"Sweetpea!"

"Sunshine."

They both laughed. "You know, sticking around with you, even my normalcy has gone for a toss." He commented looking at her.

"You are trying to imply, I made you abnormal?" There she was again with her narrowed eyes trying hard to study his face.

"I love how you decode everything I say in your own sweet way." 

"Plu-hease!" She muttered finishing the last sip of her tea.

"Taara.."